CanadaUS

Follow to Join Experience at Montreal

4 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

First of all THANKS a LOT to VJ and all members who have put their review and information here.

I could not find the correct forum to post this topic so posting it here, please feel free to move it to the relevant section.

I had filed my green card in EMPLOYMENT based category and got my green card July. Since my wife was not in the country she could not file her I-485 so we went ahead with FOLLOW TO JOIN process for her.

Our timeline was,

July 29th Green card got approved.

August 1st Filed I-824

August 10th - Recvd Notice

October 11th - I-824 Approval

October 19th - Case Recvd at NVC and case number got created

November 19th - Case completed at NVC and Interview date of January 17th was assigned at Montreal

Tried to reschedule interview at Montreal and also tried to expedite it but of no use. They do not entertain these requests at all.

January 17th - Interview date

As VJ members has posted my wife reached US Consulate at 6:45 and she was second in line. She took one Accordian folder with it for her documents. Took the elevator, stood back and went out from the back door to the left to 14B window. She was 2nd for the interview.

She was asked for all the documents mentioned on the Montreal Consulate website, though she was not supposed to carry them as per NVC letter. Documents asked from her were,

Evidence of Domicile (Leasing Documents, Utility Bills, Bank Statements, Letter from the Apartment Office)

Employment proof (Notarized Employment Letter)

Pay stubs

Tax Statements

She asked couple of questions about her previous stay in US, children,and her education and that's it.

As such interview was ok and if you have all the paperwork then you are good. Our lawyer had suggested to keep our answers brief and do not try to provide explanations if not asked.

Again thanks a lot for all your help VJers and wish you all a good luck.

BTW Interview was on 17th and still there is no update on passport, so kind of worried on that.

• 1 year later...
Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you a lot

First of all THANKS a LOT to VJ and all members who have put their review and information here.

I could not find the correct forum to post this topic so posting it here, please feel free to move it to the relevant section.

I had filed my green card in EMPLOYMENT based category and got my green card July. Since my wife was not in the country she could not file her I-485 so we went ahead with FOLLOW TO JOIN process for her.

Our timeline was,

July 29th Green card got approved.

August 1st Filed I-824

August 10th - Recvd Notice

October 11th - I-824 Approval

October 19th - Case Recvd at NVC and case number got created

November 19th - Case completed at NVC and Interview date of January 17th was assigned at Montreal

Tried to reschedule interview at Montreal and also tried to expedite it but of no use. They do not entertain these requests at all.

January 17th - Interview date

As VJ members has posted my wife reached US Consulate at 6:45 and she was second in line. She took one Accordian folder with it for her documents. Took the elevator, stood back and went out from the back door to the left to 14B window. She was 2nd for the interview.

She was asked for all the documents mentioned on the Montreal Consulate website, though she was not supposed to carry them as per NVC letter. Documents asked from her were,

Evidence of Domicile (Leasing Documents, Utility Bills, Bank Statements, Letter from the Apartment Office)

Employment proof (Notarized Employment Letter)

Pay stubs

Tax Statements

She asked couple of questions about her previous stay in US, children,and her education and that's it.

As such interview was ok and if you have all the paperwork then you are good. Our lawyer had suggested to keep our answers brief and do not try to provide explanations if not asked.

Again thanks a lot for all your help VJers and wish you all a good luck.

BTW Interview was on 17th and still there is no update on passport, so kind of worried on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.