14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance in the Philippines is pregnant with my child. I previously entertained the idea of a Request to Expedite hoping to bring her here before its too late to fly.

After being counseled on the requirements needed to meet the criteria, I will not submit it at this time.

Her next Doctor appointment is Jan. 30, If the Doc's opinion is compelling enough to warrant, I may reconsider.

It is my understanding I will need to submit a CRBA.

My Questions are:

1) Can we submit the CRBA before birth?

2) Will the baby be required to have a Passport and or Visa?

3) Would a Birth Cert. and prints suffice to exit the Philippines and enter the US?

4) Will any agency want a paternity test?

5) What other evidence may we need?

Thanks, Kelly C

01/07/2012 Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lock Box

01/10/2012 Accepted, Sent to CSC for Processing

01/12/2012 Touched

01/14/2012 NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved

http://www.facebook....&type=3

My fiance in the Philippines is pregnant with my child. I previously entertained the idea of a Request to Expedite hoping to bring her here before its too late to fly.

After being counseled on the requirements needed to meet the criteria, I will not submit it at this time.

Her next Doctor appointment is Jan. 30, If the Doc's opinion is compelling enough to warrant, I may reconsider.

It is my understanding I will need to submit a CRBA.

My Questions are:

1) Can we submit the CRBA before birth?

2) Will the baby be required to have a Passport and or Visa?

3) Would a Birth Cert. and prints suffice to exit the Philippines and enter the US?

4) Will any agency want a paternity test?

5) What other evidence may we need?

Thanks, Kelly C

1. NO-CRBA application can be done after the baby is born since the first requirement is the child's birth certificate.

2. YES and NO, YES the baby can have the US and Philippine PAssport if u choose to IF the CRBA application is approved. NO, if the baby will be issued a US passport then he don't need a visa to enter the US.

3.The US passport is the only thing that u need for him/her to come to the USA.Exit clearance is only for those who do not have a Phil. passport. Birth certificate is the number 1 requirement for CRBA application.

4. The US embassy in the Philippines might require a DNA test to prove paternity.

5. U wait till the baby is born and have the birth certificate ready to start ur application. They will send u a list of documents they need from u once the application is submitted. I did mine in 2008 but was not required coz i was already a Green card holder that time.

here's a link to CRBA on the Manila Embassy website... http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

This link may help you understand the procedures for CRBA Manila http://crbausembassymanila.wordpress.com/

Make sure you read http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

1. NO-CRBA application can be done after the baby is born since the first requirement is the child's birth certificate.

2. YES and NO, YES the baby can have the US and Philippine PAssport if u choose to IF the CRBA application is approved. NO, if the baby will be issued a US passport then he don't need a visa to enter the US.

3.The US passport is the only thing that u need for him/her to come to the USA.Exit clearance is only for those who do not have a Phil. passport. Birth certificate is the number 1 requirement for CRBA application.

4. The US embassy in the Philippines might require a DNA test to prove paternity.

5. U wait till the baby is born and have the birth certificate ready to start ur application. They will send u a list of documents they need from u once the application is submitted. I did mine in 2008 but was not required coz i was already a Green card holder that time.

What your saying in bold is contradicting, the amount of time the child spend living in the PI with only a US passport or with out a PI passports, and the age of the child when he/she exits effects the outcome of what your saying.

Note: If your child is in the PI with only CRBA/US passport, you need to make sure you get your child his/her PI passport if you do not your looking at costly fees from the BI (Philippine Bureau of Immigration) exit permit and or late fees, when the child exits the Philippines. One plus is with both US and PI passport your child will have Dual Citizenship, with out hassle of paper work/fees down the road.

I disagree with this, the number one requirement is physical presence in the same location at applicant’s time of conception and all supporting documents. Any one can put any one’s name on a BC.

I disagree with this, the number one requirement is physical presence in the same location at applicant's time of conception and all supporting documents. Any one can put any one's name on a BC.

EDIT

I disagree with this, the number one requirement is physical presence in the same location at applicant's time of conception( i.e. US citizen bio father and bio child) and all supporting documents. Any one can put any one's name on a BC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kinda a Duplicate Thread but I don't blame anyone for asking questions.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/347950-request-to-expidite/page__p__5111461__fromsearch__1#entry5111461

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Kinda a Duplicate Thread but I don't blame anyone for asking questions.

http://www.visajourn..._1#entry5111461

The topics on my mind are different. BTW thanks for being apart of this community, you have been very helpful to me.

Kelly

01/12/2012 Touched

What your saying in bold is contradicting, the amount of time the child spend living in the PI with only a US passport or with out a PI passports, and the age of the child when he/she exits effects the outcome of what your saying.

Note: If your child is in the PI with only CRBA/US passport, you need to make sure you get your child his/her PI passport if you do not your looking at costly fees from the BI (Philippine Bureau of Immigration) exit permit and or late fees, when the child exits the Philippines. One plus is with both US and PI passport your child will have Dual Citizenship, with out hassle of paper work/fees down the road.

Sorry i did not understand u. What am saying is if the child has a US passport only then he needs to have an exit clearanc eto exit the Philippines.I know it is better to have both US and Phil. passport so u don't have to pay for the exit permit. Have u done the CRBA thing? Just curious.

I was referring to the OP's post that his fiancee is pregnant and was talking about the child's birth certificate to be one of the requirement to apply and of course the proof that this child is his.

Timeline

Sorry i did not understand u. What am saying is if the child has a US passport only then he needs to have an exit clearanc eto exit the Philippines.I know it is better to have both US and Phil. passport so u don't have to pay for the exit permit. Have u done the CRBA thing? Just curious.

I was referring to the OP's post that his fiancee is pregnant and was talking about the child's birth certificate to be one of the requirement to apply and of course the proof that this child is his.

No I haven't filed anything on the CRBA yet.

I am investigating my options. I just want my family here as soon as possible. I receive good advice on this site, saving me a lot of head-aches later.

We are fortunate to have a Positive pregnancy test and confirmation from a doctor. I will keep records of every Doctor visit etc.....

I will search for the estimated costs and time-frame of an Exit Clearance, VS the costs and time-frame of obtaining both Passports.

Can we request a US passport for the baby at the Embassy, immediately after birth?

Thanks

Kelly C

01/12/2012 Touched

My wife and I successfully applied for our sons CRBA and USA passport in Manila 1 week ago. We should receive his CRBA and passport in another 2 weeks. You will apply for the CRBA and USA passport at the same time. You will definitely needs the childs NSO BC before you can apply. Also, make sure you keep all your pre natal and ultrasound results. They will want to see the originals at the interview for CRBA. Also, they may ask for a DNA test if you don't have enough proof that the USC was in the Phils at the time of conception. We were not asked for DNA test as I kept all my receipts and boarding passes from my last visit to the phils when I was with my wife. But, since you are not married yet there is a really good chance they will ask for a DNA test regardless of your proof. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the CRBA process.

Timeline

My wife and I successfully applied for our sons CRBA and USA passport in Manila 1 week ago. We should receive his CRBA and passport in another 2 weeks. You will apply for the CRBA and USA passport at the same time. You will definitely needs the childs NSO BC before you can apply. Also, make sure you keep all your pre natal and ultrasound results. They will want to see the originals at the interview for CRBA. Also, they may ask for a DNA test if you don't have enough proof that the USC was in the Phils at the time of conception. We were not asked for DNA test as I kept all my receipts and boarding passes from my last visit to the phils when I was with my wife. But, since you are not married yet there is a really good chance they will ask for a DNA test regardless of your proof. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the CRBA process.

Congrats on the new addition of your family and

Thank you,

From the day of birth how long did it take to get the Birth Certificate?

Did you file for passport and CRBA at the embassy or online?

How and where did you take the passport photos?

Thanks again,

Kelly

P. S. Are you in pi now? do you know of any clean inexpensive furnished apartments near the embassy.?

01/12/2012 Touched

From the day of birth how long did it take to get the Birth Certificate?

Did you file for passport and CRBA at the embassy or online?

How and where did you take the passport photos?

P. S. Are you in pi now? do you know of any clean inexpensive furnished apartments near the embassy.?

It typically takes about 1 month to get a NSO BC. It depends on the province and the local registrar where your child will be born.

You will download the CRBA application and fill it out on your computer and print it out. Then you will fill out the passport application online and print it out. You will take both applications with you to the interview.

My wife took our son, who is now 2 months old, to the mall to get his USA passport photos. You just have to tell them that the pictures are for a USA passport. Photo places in phils all seem to have a photo template for USA passports. Your child will need 3 photos and both parents will need 2 passport photos for the CRBA application.

I am in California now. My wife took our son to the inverview by herself. She is living in Manila now, but does not know of any apartments for rent close to embassy.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.