Farzin

Reason for Administrative Processes

2 posts in this topic

I have one more confusion on this matter. I heard petitioners with co-sponsors for IV visas always have to face AP. So, it would be great if anyone can share their experiences on this matter. Did anyone receive a visa right after the interview regardless of having a co-sponsor?

Did anyone endure AP even after becoming a sole sponsor (with a good income source) for the beneficiary?

Dear Farzin,

I stated the following a while ago to another fellow Bangladeshi and her husband was under AP as well:

"Administrative Processing (AP) - Generally all muslim men from countries on the *list of 26* between the ages of 18-45 get pulled for extra security checks. Getting a visa approval on the spot is few and far between in these areas and can take a week or even months to complete.

AP is extremely common for men of certain national origin. I would not recommend getting attorneys and senators involved in this at this point of the game. It could be two weeks to two months, and even six, but the person designated to run the security checks doesn't need the distraction of having the file pulled for multiple "status" inquires. They work these things in order of receipt and pulling it out of the stack creates the potential of the file sitting in an in-box, getting stuck on the bottom of a new stack or in office routing routines, or worst case Lost. Leave it alone to process through the system and don't worry too much until at least 3 months have passed which appears to be the magic number for AP in many but not all case."

Now apart from the above, this is what I think; if someone has a co-sponsor, does that automatically qualifies for an AP? I don't think so, however that may increase the chances. This time, not only the primary candidate goes under further check, but they may consider checking little more on the second sponsor? If you see a blind person crossing the street, you will naturally get concerned, similarly, a second sponsor may raise some concern and that's it. This is not an automatic trigger for an AP or extended time on AP.

As you've already passed 4 months, I think you are at the end part of your waiting period and will get a feedback from the embassy soon. In case you do not hear something within the next one month, you can contact your local Senators, congress representatives, and so on. Continue contacting DOS and the local embassy on a weekly basis for updates. You will hear many horrible/bad stories and some are true but you may not konw the background of that. Do not pay too much attention on those, do not think smilar things may have happened to you; simply do not make your life miserable with factless rumors. Keep your head cool I truly believe that if our facts are straight, things will eventually workout well for you. May take some time, some twists, and may make you sweat a bit more, but it will eventually work out. And if it gets too messy, you can aways pound your chest, scream from the bottom of your lung and demand some sort of explanation via different way :-). Hopefully things will workout well soon for you.

Good luck and best wishes for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.