Ana and Dan

Brasil Consulate I-134 FYI

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You guys do all of this stuff from the US? Or Brazil? Where do you submit this exactly? I have these forms in Brazil right now but I will be back in the US when she goes for her visa interview. I would prefer to "file" these myself if I can. Where do I do it?

Thanks! :)

The petitioner send I-134 and the supporting documents from the US and the beneficiary brings the documents for the interview, with all the other documents asked for.

Thanks. And I know this may be a stupid question, but only copies are needed all these documents being brought in to the interview? No originals necessary?

Here is what I am looking to give to the person who wants the visa (all copies). Am I missing anything?

• Most recent federal tax return and W2

• Proof of citizenship (naturalization certificate or a US Passport)

• Six months bank statements

• The last few pay stubs from your paychecks

• A letter from the company you work for, printed on paper with the company logo (letterhead) stating you are currently employed with the company, how long you have been working there, permanent or temporary position, and stating your salary.

AOS, AP:

02-09-07 - Legally Married

02-20-07 - AOS and AP mailed to Chicago

02-27-07 - NOA1

03-15-07 - Biometrics done

03-19-07 - AP Approved (AP was expedited. Emergency Advance Parole done at the immigration office)

03-26-07 - AOS Interview on 5/17

Advance Parole Approved in under 30 days.

Just under 90 days from AOS filing to AOS interview. Not bad! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thanks. And I know this may be a stupid question, but only copies are needed all these documents being brought in to the interview? No originals necessary?

Here is what I am looking to give to the person who wants the visa (all copies). Am I missing anything?

• Most recent federal tax return and W2

• Proof of citizenship (naturalization certificate or a US Passport)

• Six months bank statements

• The last few pay stubs from your paychecks

• A letter from the company you work for, printed on paper with the company logo (letterhead) stating you are currently employed with the company, how long you have been working there, permanent or temporary position, and stating your salary.

Are you looking into K-3? I'm not well versed on it. I had (and I went the K-1 route):

- I-134 signed and notarized + copy

- last federal/state tax return and W2 (the originals, in this case, were copies) + copies - and they said they didn't want state tax returns, but kept them anyway.

- copy of the USC's birth certificate/passport (the originals, in this care, were copies) + copies;

- a letter from the bank with the information asked for on I-134 - original + copy;

- latest 6 pay stubs - originals were copies + copies; and

- a letter from the employer as per the instructions on I-134 - original + copy.

They only kept the form and the tax returns + W2.

See: http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0941081N.pdf - for general information on K visas at the consulate stage.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am confused. I seem to recall reading (somewhere on VJ- unable to find again) that if you are above the 125% that asset information was not needed. Is this additional information just precaution? If assets are not needed, do you leave those lines blank or put "not submitted".

03-28-2006 I-129F received by NSC

06-01-2006 received 3 e-mails notifying of transfer to CSC

06-14-2006 3 e-mails from CSC stating application had been received for processing

06-15-2006 touched

06-15-2006 touched

06-17-2006 touched

07-03-2006 2 e-mails from CSC saying RFE mailed 06-23-2006

07-03-2006 Received RFE (IMBRA). Returned by Express mail the same day

07-04-2006 touched

07-05-2006 RFE received by CSC. Touched again

07-08-2006 touched

07-11-2006 touched

07-27-2006 touched

07-28-2006 touched again

07-31-2006 Received 3 e-mails ..... APPROVED!!!!!!!

08-01-2006 touched

08-07-2006 touched

08-07-2006 NVC received

08-08-2006 Received NOA2 by mail

08-11-2006 NVC mailed petition to Rio. (per phone call)

08-18-2006 Petition received by consulate in Rio (per e-mail)

12-05-2006 Packet 4 received

01-02-2007 Interviewed and approved!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am confused. I seem to recall reading (somewhere on VJ- unable to find again) that if you are above the 125% that asset information was not needed. Is this additional information just precaution? If assets are not needed, do you leave those lines blank or put "not submitted".

Put "not submitted" if you're not submitting it. If you want to add info on assets (or need to if you are below 125%) then remember you need supporting docs for that too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.