a&o

Case on its way to Accra!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Had good and bad news today.

Bad news: found out at the embassy that I won't be allowed to attend interview with my fiance.

Good news (an email from NVC that took only one day to get after I sent an inquiry):

Good afternoon,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The visa petition you mentioned in your inquiry has recently been forwarded to the US Embassy. Please allow 10-15 business days for the Embassy to receive the petition.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy.

Case Number: ACCxxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary's Name: [NAME HERE]

Preference Category: K1

Your Priority Date: 13Jul2006

Foreign State Chargeability: GHANA

U.S. Embassy/Consulate: EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT RING ROAD EAST, P.O. BOX 194 ACCRA GHANA

SO, now we're going to try and get the police report while we wait for packet 3 to get put together and handed to us. Anyone with Ghana info know where to do this, exactly? Do we have to wait for a form that is contained in packet 3?

Edited by a&o

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Timeline

OK, just answered my own questions by searching this forum for "accra police." :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...hl=accra+police

Thanks to those who posted great info!

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
OK, just answered my own questions by searching this forum for "accra police." :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...hl=accra+police

Thanks to those who posted great info!

Go to the Police CID Headquarters in Accra. It can be done between 1 to 7 days. Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh a&o congrats on the petition being sent to Acrra!!!! Hopefully you all wont have to wait nearly 3-4 weeks like my husband and I did before we could go and have our brother in law pick up the packet 3 for us. He just able to do that this week and I have yet to see the full contents of that packet 3. Once I do I can send you the detailed information I get.

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Timeline

As far as attending the interview goes, people seem to get mixed signals. If you ask, I'm guessing they will say no just so that there are fewer people to deal with.

I didn't ask. I just showed up. I stood in line and they let me in with him b/c I was the petitioner. I wasn't the only petitioner let in that day either. This was almost a year ago, but still. I remember about the time that I was considering whether I would be let in, someone else on VJ said she asked and they said she couldn't attend. Shortly thereafter is when I was allowed to attend.

If you are in Ghana, you could at least stand in line with him and see if the guards let you in. If they don't, then no harm is done, b/c the interviewer isn't there.

Good luck!

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Thanks! Yes, I will then go and just see if they let me in. It's good to know they've been irregular about it.

Akatagirl, please do let me know what they put in the packet 3. I think I have a pretty good idea, but if we can be sure of it we can be all the more ready. Glad you were finally able to get the packet!

We're trying not to get attached to the idea, but we think it may be possible to be in the U.S. for the holidays.... That would be so wonderful!

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.