TRKCKL11

supporting documents

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi everyone , just wanted to see if anyone was sitting in limbo like me. our case so far is we are waiting for approvals sent the rfe for the i130 that they asked for waiting to hear it got there, am wondering if the i129f will want this same info also? with regards to the 134 and 864 my husband only had 2005 tax done as a single the previous 2 years he had to file with his ex. so don't know what to do with that,also would we have to include all his kids in family when meeting the poverty line? he has one daughter liveing with him and pays child support for 3 othersplus their health insurance its not a huge amount or would our household be myself my 2 kids ,him and his daughter? its hard closeing your life down in your own country transfering paperwork to go down to the u.s. paying off debts so much sooner etc. i still need my house to sell pay off my mortgage and figure out a new loan for my car apparently i can't take my car out of canada for more then 30 days till its paid off. hsbc. i guess this could have been posted in the rant forum if i could find it again thanks ahead of time for any and all replies. by the end of this journey i should be able to figure out how to do things on here like showing our progress in my posts? terry

wedding 2006-06-03

i130

2006-06-24.......mailed

06-07-18.......noa1

09-19.......touched[li

09-20.......rfe sent

09-25.......rfe mailed back

10-02.......rfe email received uscis

10-03.......touched

12-12.......APPROVED

i129f

06-08-21......mailed

06-08-29.....noa1

06-09-02....touched

06-09-09....touched

06-10-20...touched ...sent to csc

06-10-27...touched

06-11-15...APPROVED 07-03-08 interview and visa approved

1. EAD.... sent may 13
  2. biometrics.....june 13
  3. ead transfer to csc.....july 13

4. EAD card in production

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Terry. Yes, it's a major undertaking to close down a life in Canada and start up again in the States!

I'm assuming your husband is the USC and will be sponsoring you and your two children. He'll need supporting documents to show he has enough income/assets to take care of you and your kids, as well as everyone else in his household. That would be himself and his daughter. I'm not sure if the other three children he supports would be included in his household for the purposes of the Affivadit of Support.

The best way to ask a question about his AOS calculation is with a straightforward sentence, rather than burying it in a long, difficult-to-read page with no punctuation. (Help us out here, please!)

On your end, the main reason to sell your house is to convince Revenue Canada that you'll be a non-resident for tax purposes, once you move to the States. Otherwise, you'll be filing income tax in Canada (while living in the States), paying the higher Canadian rates. Get rid of the house and any other asset that could be considered a major financial tie before you leave. Be sure your last return in Canada is an "exit return," stating the date you left Canada permanently.

Start now to make sure you'll have a U.S. credit card. Apply for an MBNA or AmEx card in Canada. When it comes time for a U.S. card, they may check your Canadian credit history and issue you an American card. Otherwise, you'll have a hard time building a history in the States and will have to be satisfied piggybacking on your husband's card.

The best way to give people a snapshot of your progress is to do your Signature. Go to the top of this page, My Controls, Personal Profile, Edit Signature. Good luck with everything.

Edited by Jersey Girl

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.