Rahul Lodha

H1B Visa Stamping

14 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

My name is Rahul Lodha.

I am currently working on H1B status. My H1B was approved in June 2011 and it was effective from October 2011. I was previously on OPT/F1 visa in US.

There is a F4 category immigration file for my Father. Its status is in initial review. My name is on that file in I-130 section C – information about your alien relative. My name is mentioned as one of the children of the alien relative (my father). So will it affect/impede my H1B visa stamping in India or any US consulate in any other country. My father applied for visitor visa to US in 2010 but it was rejected quoting that visa rejected cause of immigration file pending for this person.

Will this cause any problems if i go to india for H1B stamping?

Timeline

Your F1 was approved.

So why you think your H1 stamping would be an issue?

I dont know. When i applied for F1, i was not aware of this immigration file.

I just want some feedback from someone who has been through same or similar situation.

Thnx :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I dont see any reason why you should have a stamping problem when you were able to get F1.

The only issue I see in future if ever it got connected you might have problem with material mis representation.

As on your F1 application there is a question if someone filed a immigration petition for you. I am guessing you answered no to that when in fact your had a petition pending.

On my H1 application I dont remember if I had ever answered that question if I have immigration petition pending, but answer those part correctly.

Dont lie on the application you never know when it will come and bite you.

Timeline

I dont see any reason why you should have a stamping problem when you were able to get F1.

The only issue I see in future if ever it got connected you might have problem with material mis representation.

As on your F1 application there is a question if someone filed a immigration petition for you. I am guessing you answered no to that when in fact your had a petition pending.

On my H1 application I dont remember if I had ever answered that question if I have immigration petition pending, but answer those part correctly.

Dont lie on the application you never know when it will come and bite you.

As I said i was not aware when i applied for F1 visa. Also the file is for my father. I am listed as one of relatives(children) of my father. But i am not sure if it is directly for me.

Timeline

As I said i was not aware when i applied for F1 visa. Also the file is for my father. I am listed as one of relatives(children) of my father. But i am not sure if it is directly for me.

This is for future, from CO's perspective you were not aware would not make a satisfactory explanation.

Its same as being pulled over by cop and you telling him you are not aware of the speed limit in the area.... that does not cut you any slack.

Well you are one of the beneficiary with your dad....I believe you got to be under 21 and single (I could be wrong on this one).

Timeline

This is for future, from CO's perspective you were not aware would not make a satisfactory explanation.

Its same as being pulled over by cop and you telling him you are not aware of the speed limit in the area.... that does not cut you any slack.

Well you are one of the beneficiary with your dad....I believe you got to be under 21 and single (I could be wrong on this one).

I am over 21 but single. I was over 21 whn i applied for F1

Timeline

What I meant was I m not sure how long can u be derivative on your fathers application you might have to do little research on that.

Any suggestions how i can find that. I tried many forums and uscis website as well.

pls suggest if u know

Timeline

Any suggestions how i can find that. I tried many forums and uscis website as well.

pls suggest if u know

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87553.pdf

You might want to check on this, I am not expert on this nor have much experience in this kinda visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.