iloveufrancis

I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!

32 posts in this topic

I JUST HAD MY INTERVIEW YESTERDAY AND THEY ARE ASKING FOR THIS..WHAT SHUD I DO..WHO WILL BE SIGNING THIS FORMS..SHUD WE REALLY NEED TO SUBMIT 2 FORMS THE I-864 & I-864A TO THE EMBASSY OR 1 FORM IS FINE?PLLSSSSS HELP MEEEE

*From a Qualified Join Sponsor

*Affidavit of support(I-864) with original signature

*US Federal Income Tax Return(s) for year(s) 2010

*W-2 form(s) for year(s) 2010

*Form I-864A signed by joint sponsor and spouse/co-resident with original signatures

*Evidence of US citizenship or status US Permanent Resident

*Evidence of current sustained income

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did they give you a form 221G?

This looks to be that the Petitioner's Income did not meet the 125% of Poverty Line. They are asking for a co-sponser and supporting documents. Or if you have a co-sponsor already, either these documents were not provided in the package and they are requesting these documents from the co-sponsor.

The petitioner will need to get these documents and mail them to you or the USEM in order for the process to go forward and get approval.

Did they take your passport?

If they did its a good sign.

Get these documents ASAP.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

I JUST HAD MY INTERVIEW YESTERDAY AND THEY ARE ASKING FOR THIS..WHAT SHUD I DO..WHO WILL BE SIGNING THIS FORMS..SHUD WE REALLY NEED TO SUBMIT 2 FORMS THE I-864 & I-864A TO THE EMBASSY OR 1 FORM IS FINE?PLLSSSSS HELP MEEEE

*Form I-864A signed by joint sponsor and spouse/co-resident with original signatures

You will need to submit all forms listed Above.

Co-Sponsor will fill out and sign the I-864 form.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf

Co-sponsor will need to provide 2010 Tax Returns. Including the 1040 form or Tax Transcript from IRS.

Co-sponsor will need to provide 2010 W-2 Form.

Co-Sponsor will fill out and sign the I-864A

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864a.pdf

Co-sponsor will provided photocopies of Birth certificate, Passport, State ID, SSN

Make sure they are clean and clear copies.

Co-sponsor needs to provided a letter from employer stating they are currently employed and there current salary. Signed and dated by HR or Supervisor. Place on company letter head with contact details of company. Co-sponsor should also sign and date this letter.

Edited by Wally Greene

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

First of all, you are the beneficiary, correct?

If you already went for the interview, I believe your spouse already send the AOS (Affidavit Of Support) package long time ago. If that is the case, then all you have to do is, ask your spouse to mail you the I-864 that they sent with the AOS package. Also tell your spouse to complete I-864A with both signatures.

Did your spouse send the following with AOS package?

*W-2 forms for year 2010

*US Federal Income Tax Returns for year 2010

If yes, that's good. If no, then you need to submit all that's listed.

Also, follow the instructions for the documents that need to be submitted with I-864A. I think this list is about the documents they are requesting from the Co-sponsor with I-864A.

I tried copying some info. from USCIS website. Hope it works.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, is an attachment to Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Immigration and Nationality Act. It is an optional form, completed and signed by two individuals: a sponsor who is completing Form I-864, and a household member who is promising to make his or her income and/or assets available to the sponsor to help support the sponsored immigrant(s). The combined signing of this form constitutes an agreement that the household member is responsible along with the sponsor for the support of the individual(s) named in this form.

A separate Form I-864A must be used for each household member whose income and/or assets are being used by a sponsor to qualify. This form must be submitted simultaneously with Form I-864.

Form I-864A may only be used when a sponsor's income and assets do not meet the income requirements of Form I-864 and the qualifying household member chooses to combine his or her resources with the income and/or assets of a sponsor to meet the requirements. The obligations of the household member under this contract terminate when the obligations of the sponsor under the Affidavit of Support terminate.

How Can My Relatives and Dependents Help Me Meet the Income Requirements?

You may use the income of your spouse and/or any other relatives living in your residence if they are willing to be jointly responsible with you for the intending immigrant(s) you are sponsoring. If you have any unrelated dependents listed on your income tax return you may include their income regardless of where they reside.

The income of such household members and dependents can be used to help you meet the income requirements if they complete and sign Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, and if they are at least 18 years of age when they sign the form.

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

Timeline

Who May Be Considered a "Household Member" for Purposes of This Form?

A relative who has the same principal residence as the

sponsor and is related to the sponsor as a spouse, adult

child, parent, or sibling;

A relative or other person whom the sponsor has lawfully

claimed as a dependent on the sponsor's most recent Federal

income tax return even if that person does not live at the

same residence as the sponsor;

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864ainstr.pdf

Timeline

Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, is an attachment to Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Immigration and Nationality Act. It is an optional form, completed and signed by two individuals: a sponsor who is completing Form I-864, and a household member who is promising to make his or her income and/or assets available to the sponsor to help support the sponsored immigrant(s). The combined signing of this form constitutes an agreement that the household member is responsible along with the sponsor for the support of the individual(s) named in this form.

A separate Form I-864A must be used for each household member whose income and/or assets are being used by a sponsor to qualify. This form must be submitted simultaneously with Form I-864.

Form I-864A may only be used when a sponsor's income and assets do not meet the income requirements of Form I-864 and the qualifying household member chooses to combine his or her resources with the income and/or assets of a sponsor to meet the requirements. The obligations of the household member under this contract terminate when the obligations of the sponsor under the Affidavit of Support terminate.

How Can My Relatives and Dependents Help Me Meet the Income Requirements?

You may use the income of your spouse and/or any other relatives living in your residence if they are willing to be jointly responsible with you for the intending immigrant(s) you are sponsoring. If you have any unrelated dependents listed on your income tax return you may include their income regardless of where they reside.

The income of such household members and dependents can be used to help you meet the income requirements if they complete and sign Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, and if they are at least 18 years of age when they sign the form.

inzango :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Timeline

but we cant fill up i-864a cuz we dont have co-resident?

Let's see if this helps.

What Is a Joint Sponsor?

If the person who is seeking the immigration of one or more of his or her relatives cannot meet the income requirements, a "joint sponsor" who can meet the requirements may submit a Form I-864 to sponsor all or some of the family members.

A joint sponsor can be any U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident who is at least 18 years old, domiciled in the United States, or its territories or possessions, and willing to be held jointly liable with the petitioner for the support of the intending immigrant. A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant.

If the first joint sponsor completes Form I-864 for some rather than all the family members, a second qualifying joint sponsor will be required to sponsor the remaining family members. There may be no more than two joint sponsors. A joint sponsor must be able to meet the income requirements for all the persons he or she is sponsoring without combining resources with the petitioning sponsor or a second joint sponsor. Any dependents applying for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status more than six months after immigration of the intending immigrants must be sponsored by the petitioner but may be sponsored by an original joint sponsor or a different joint sponsor.

Even if one or more I-864s are submitted for an intending immigrant, the petitioning sponsor remains legally accountable for the financial support of the sponsored alien along with the joint sponsor(s).

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well

Timeline

but we cant fill up i-864a cuz we dont have co-resident?

To be on the safe side, call USCIS or NVC regarding this situation and regarding which forms to submit for the co-sponsor.

According to your situation, if you don't have anyone living in the house beside the sponsor, I don't think you can use I-864A.

Your spouse has to find someone who can co-sponsor like relatives, family members, etc.

That Co-sponsor will have to fill out another I-864 with the supporting documents needed.

CR-1/NVC

USA

i am so confused right now I-864 is the JOINT SPONSOR who does not live with you..but,,the I-864A is the JOINT SPONSOR who is living with you...RIGHT???...and my problem is we cant submit i-864a cuz my spouse is just living alone..but he has relatives who can be our co sponsor but they are not living with my spouse..like my spouse is in TEXAS nad his relatives are in OHIO...

Timeline

The I-864A for the Co-sponsor household member that lives with them. Not you..

A relative who has the same principal residence as the

sponsor and is related to the sponsor as a spouse, adult

child, parent, or sibling;

Timeline

Sorry iloveufrancis

In regards to I-864A. You will need to contact USCIS and inquire if your Co-sponsor needs to submit I-864A form.

I just found a little bit more info.

Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household

Member. However, a household member who is the immigrant

you are sponsoring only need complete Form I-864A if his or her

income will be used to determine your ability to support a

spouse and/or children immigrating with him or her.

I think this means if the co-sponsors income will be used to support the immigrant (Beneficiary). If not, then the I-864A form is not needed.

But Check with USCIS first to be absolutely sure.

Edited by Wally Greene

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.