Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Russian Police Certificate for non Russian Citizens

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan

Okay, everything has gone pretty much according to plan up until now. But now we've run into a snag.

We finally have our interview date for March 21 but we are missing one important document. That document is the police certificate that is required if you have lived any where else for 6 months or more. Alma lived in Moscow while attending the University from 1987-1992 when Kazakhstan was part of the USSR.

My fiancee applied for the police certificate from the Russian Consulate in Almaty Kazakhstan in October. On December 2 she was called back to pay a fee and the consulate, as I understand it, forwards the request for the police certificate from the proper authorities, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Interior (MVD) in Moscow. Not sure if I've got the Ministries correct???

It's been almost 4 months now and still no Police certificate. Alma has been to the consulate several times to check on the status of the certificate but they can't seem to tell her any thing and treat her with indifference :angry: . We've tried everything that we can think of and it's getting us absolutely nowhere. It's so frustrating! No one seems to have any answers or seems to even care. I've tried the US consulate even but they can't do anything either.

We are exploring the option of sending her to Moscow. That's going to cost alot of money and then there is no guarantee she can get the police certificate. I can scrap together the money if need be but I thought I would see if anyone here on VJ has had any experience with this type of situation.

Any Advise out there? Should we wait longer for the Police Certificate and take the chance of receiving a 221g or should we go to Moscow now? Any other ideas?

Alma, Almaty, Kazakhstan & Scott, Horse Cave, Kentucky

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...