Alex+R

Brazilians I need HEELLLPPP!!!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I used a "juramentado" translator. I don't think you need an "approved" one. I researched the cheapest one and did it. I can post the address and phone # if you want.

Carol

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

PS What does a translation look like anyway? How should I format my translation of his BC for this RFE?

Do you still want to know?

Yeah if you're still here. Jenn said it looked pretty much line for line like the original. Is that what you did?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I did mine with a credited one from the JUCERJA in Rio, it cost me 65 bucks, and took an entire week. It's a really fancy translation though with lots of stamps and rubber marks.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The certified translators have a computer program that allows them to put any document into its original format and only change the language it's in. Most of the time it'll look a lot like the original document!!

You can translate it yourself and send it back to them right away and that will save you some time. There's now rule you have to get a certified translation.... just go with your instincts I guess :P

Edit: Certified translators are not the only ones who have that computer program. The guy that translated my proof of meeting had it and he wasn't certified.... so you should pretty much ignore my first sentence! lol

Edited by MrMrsKnight

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Timeline
I had mine translated but I didn't send it with the I-129F, it's for the AOS that I am doing it. Since you'll indeed need an official translation for the AOS why not do it now already?

The point is, you don't need a juramentada - sworn - translation not even for AOS. You can use the instructions on the USCIS site - pretty much what Alex has posted before. The translator says they're fluent in both languages.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=translations

11.3 Foreign Language Documents and Translations.

(a) Document Translations. All documents submitted in support of an application or petition must include complete translation into English. In addition, there must be a certification from the translator indicating that the translation is complete and accurate and attesting to his or her competence as a translator.

http://www.uscis.gov/lpbin/lpext.dll/inser...ument-frame.htm

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I did mine with a credited one from the JUCERJA in Rio, it cost me 65 bucks, and took an entire week. It's a really fancy translation though with lots of stamps and rubber marks.

Rubber marks?????? what are those doing on your translation???? :devil::devil::devil:

Marc :innocent::innocent::innocent:

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline

Ok, thanks everyone! I think when Rey is getting ready to come up here he'll get official translations. For now, I could like... print out the birth certificate, white out the areas in Portuguese, and write them in in English, right? HA. Maybe I need to go to Kinko's for help. Jeeez.

Now if I could just figure out how to get my computer to print a "TIF" file...

Timeline

I've seen lots of sworn translations and I've never seen traslations that are formatted the same. The translator just describes what the document looks like. Something like: Heading where it's written> blahblahblah. Notary's signature followed by the actual signature and stamp that says blahblahblah.

Also, I don't see why an "official" translation would be needed, as USCIS does not say it is (see my post above).

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I've seen lots of sworn translations and I've never seen traslations that are formatted the same. The translator just describes what the document looks like. Something like: Heading where it's written> blahblahblah. Notary's signature followed by the actual signature and stamp that says blahblahblah.

Also, I don't see why an "official" translation would be needed, as USCIS does not say it is (see my post above).

Yes, I did the translation. Looks good. Now I've got it in the envelope.

Did you guys send RFEs back in that little envelope, or send it certified mail?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.