nebcan

change of address before K1 interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

I am staying with my brother in Calgary for the winter,I came out from Ontario. I have been painting and decorating my brother's home for him, I never had the time to visit since he bought it new 20 yrs ago.We lost our Mom to cancer in 2010, so this has been good for us to be together as well,before I go to US. My fiance is a truck driver who lives in Oklahoma and hauls to Alberta once in a while,so this way I get to see him too on his trips through. We informed Vermont and NVC of address change..well, now Montreal embassy because it keeps getting not corrected...(different post---thanks for help)... so I can go to Vancouver embassy ,hoping for Feb.interview.

A visitor to Alberta can use their out of province dl and registration,insurance for 183 days, so I haven't changed it. You have 90 days if you are a resident to change your address. My Ontario dl doesnt expire until 2013, Ont plates expire in Aug/12, and insurance is valid until April..I only bought it last April.I still have OHIP. Oh, I did get my police record search done in my hometown last fall before I left there.

Did anyone else do this -change residences before interview temporarily----? You know how you start to get paranoid---too much time to think ALL these months....am I going to get hassled at interview w dl not matching where I am staying in Alberta?? (really it is no different than if I was working out of my home province for a few months)...will I get in trouble at POE too?

Timeline

i don't have any advice for you, but just wanted to say sorry about your loss, and glad that you and your brother can spend some time together. (L)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Timeline

oh thank you. My fiance and I's three years together(met Jan 1,2009) has been very eventful to say the least. We would have been married a long time ago ---my Mother was diagnosed the same day we planned to announce our engagement.. so we put it off a year..then we decided to go the k1 fiance route, and it will be another year. I think all anyone will say at our wedding is "FINALLY!". We cannot be accused of rushing into anything for sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.