ninamyers

Medical tomorrow in Knightsbridge, London

3 posts in this topic

Hello UKers,

Just wondering if anyone that;s had their medical recently could give me an idea of what it'll be like for me tomorrow? I've managed to get all my vaccination records at last, so hopefully that part of it should be painless... I've been given quite a specific time (13.50) so I'm guessing that really is my appointment and it's not like everyone just waits their turn?

Also, while i'm in London I was thinking I may as well get the silly size photos (thank goodness the doctors' don't mind normal English size passport photos...), do you know if you can just walk in and they take them for you?

Thanks for all your help!

Maria x

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I had my medical back in February. They will ask you to get changed into a gown and then you will have a chest x-ray taken. Then I was seen my a nurse who went through my vaccinations and told me what vaccibations I would need to get, then lastly I saw the doctor. He went through a five minute spiel on HIV/AIDS, looked at ears, eyes, weighed me and then took a sample of blood. he then tested my reflexes and prodded and poked my stomach for some reason. That was it really. You can ask for a female nurse to be present if you want. All in all I found it to be a somewhat painfree experience.

I also had my visa pics taken while I was there I just walked in and had no wait time. I went to the one that the embassy gives as an example in packet 3, it was in Oxford Street. It looks a little shady from the outside but I couldn't grumble with the prices, I got 4 for about 11 quid I think which was good when I was quoted 20 quid from the photographer in my town.

Good luck tomorrow, you'll be fine!

Filed: Timeline
Hello UKers,

Just wondering if anyone that;s had their medical recently could give me an idea of what it'll be like for me tomorrow? I've managed to get all my vaccination records at last, so hopefully that part of it should be painless... I've been given quite a specific time (13.50) so I'm guessing that really is my appointment and it's not like everyone just waits their turn?

Also, while i'm in London I was thinking I may as well get the silly size photos (thank goodness the doctors' don't mind normal English size passport photos...), do you know if you can just walk in and they take them for you?

Thanks for all your help!

Maria x

Hey Maria -

Check the pinned threads in the UK forum for medical stories.

Snappy Snaps might let you walk in & take pics - I'm sure there's several around there...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.