Michael and Milahjean

DS230 Bar Code?

2 posts in this topic

We've just had a NVC case number assigned last week and now are waiting for the DS3032 to be generated. We'll do the email for this as has been used succesfully by many.

I'm not too concerned about the AOS documentation and the need to speed that up since it comes to me in the US anyway.

About the DS230 my spouse must complete and sign, is there a bar code needed on it? I see James' Shortcuts states to clearly and boldly write the case number in the upper right hand corner of each sheet, both Part 1 and Part 2. There is no bar code for the first page? What is the big empty box in the upper left corner used for? If no bar code is needed for this, I'll send the form to her to sign now while we are waiting.

Should she also date the DS230 when she signs or leave it blank for now? I'm thinking that the date she uses should be after the actual DS230 is generated? If she needs to wait to know when the DS230 is generated to date it, we won't be saving that much time since it's still got to get from her to me. Can it be dated by me after she signs and sends to me?

She is sending to me the required documentation now to be included with the DS230. She just received her passport last week. I may wait until the original package from NVC arrives here and will use the actual bar code top sheet I'm sent when I submit the package. I'm not sure if doing that will cost precious days or not.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

We've just had a NVC case number assigned last week and now are waiting for the DS3032 to be generated. We'll do the email for this as has been used succesfully by many.

I'm not too concerned about the AOS documentation and the need to speed that up since it comes to me in the US anyway.

About the DS230 my spouse must complete and sign, is there a bar code needed on it? I see James' Shortcuts states to clearly and boldly write the case number in the upper right hand corner of each sheet, both Part 1 and Part 2. There is no bar code for the first page? What is the big empty box in the upper left corner used for? If no bar code is needed for this, I'll send the form to her to sign now while we are waiting.

Should she also date the DS230 when she signs or leave it blank for now? I'm thinking that the date she uses should be after the actual DS230 is generated? If she needs to wait to know when the DS230 is generated to date it, we won't be saving that much time since it's still got to get from her to me. Can it be dated by me after she signs and sends to me?

She is sending to me the required documentation now to be included with the DS230. She just received her passport last week. I may wait until the original package from NVC arrives here and will use the actual bar code top sheet I'm sent when I submit the package. I'm not sure if doing that will cost precious days or not.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The actual DS-230 form does not have a barcode on it, it comes with a barcode cover sheet that you have to include when you send the form back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.