Morna

Married visa or move over??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I was nearly granted my K visa to move to America with my children when a custody case started over here with my ex partner. So the children and I flew over for a holiday and I married my long term partner.

He is in the Military and the I130 will hopefully get expedited after the case is finished.

He still has to send the new paper work application in, but is waiting for our passport pictures to arrive - sent by air sure in November, and again in December :(

I was advised you can fly over on a tourist visa and apply for a re adjustment over there and just stay????

This sounds too easy to me..... but is it something that is doable?

many thanks

Mx

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi,

I was nearly granted my K visa to move to America with my children when a custody case started over here with my ex partner. So the children and I flew over for a holiday and I married my long term partner.

He is in the Military and the I130 will hopefully get expedited after the case is finished.

He still has to send the new paper work application in, but is waiting for our passport pictures to arrive - sent by air sure in November, and again in December :(

I was advised you can fly over on a tourist visa and apply for a re adjustment over there and just stay????

This sounds too easy to me..... but is it something that is doable?

many thanks

Mx

What you have been advised to do is called visa fraud. That is not a good idea & will result in you being banned for at least 10 years.

You need to find out from the embassy exactly what they require for the children to be allowed to immigrate.

It would be a good idea for the USC to post these questions for clarity.

Timeline

What you have been advised to do is called visa fraud. That is not a good idea & will result in you being banned for at least 10 years.

You need to find out from the embassy exactly what they require for the children to be allowed to immigrate.

It would be a good idea for the USC to post these questions for clarity.

Thanks so much - it did sound too easy - we shall stick to the re application and expedite request via his work. I just thought I would ask. I have heard of people marrying then staying, but I thought that was a bit of a gamble too. :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks so much - it did sound too easy - we shall stick to the re application and expedite request via his work. I just thought I would ask. I have heard of people marrying then staying, but I thought that was a bit of a gamble too. :)

This process can be confusing for most people. Whoever told you that probably meant no harm.

It is true that people can & do marry but what the person intended to do when they entered becomes the issue. If they entered as a tourist for example & married a USC because of some circumstance that occured they could remain & do an AOS. But if you for example entered with the intent of using a tourist visa to circumvent the immigration process it would be fraud.

Getting an expidite will have to do with his deployment orders not just the fact that he is in the military.

Timeline

Your so right.

Yes, as we did the full year with the K1 then things changed, we can apply for an expedite with a letter from his CO and the local Cenate is backing us too. So fingers crossed we do get it, as he only got back at the tail end of last year from Iraq.

Thanks for your replies, I couldn't think where else to ask.

Lets hope my custody case ends soon and we are allowed to leave - I am hoping everything times in together.

Do you think they will make us do the medical again? We had our done in August and the papers are in the London USA office.

Thanks again N :)

mx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.