Raj0000

I-130 and G-325A form Question

6 posts in this topic

Hi All;

I am ready to file DCF for my wife in Delhi soon and have downloaded the form I-130 and G325 A. I have following questions abt fillling it:

(1) In both forms, they ask for A no.(Alian regi. no) - What should we put ? Is it the same A no that we had when we had our perm. resi card(i.e green card) or any other thing ? (Though, it would be N/A for my wife !!)

(2) in G325 A (bigraphic info) form, at the end, there is a question abt "prupose of submitting this form" with three options to check, namely (1) naturalization (2) Status as perm. resi. (3) other(pl. specify)..........

Now question is, what should I check here for me and my wife...I am sure for me, I need to check "other" but what should I specify here....and what abt option selection for my wife's G325.....

Thanks in advance................

Raj

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi All;

I am ready to file DCF for my wife in Delhi soon and have downloaded the form I-130 and G325 A. I have following questions abt fillling it:

(1) In both forms, they ask for A no.(Alian regi. no) - What should we put ? Is it the same A no that we had when we had our perm. resi card(i.e green card) or any other thing ? (Though, it would be N/A for my wife !!)

(2) in G325 A (bigraphic info) form, at the end, there is a question abt "prupose of submitting this form" with three options to check, namely (1) naturalization (2) Status as perm. resi. (3) other(pl. specify)..........

Now question is, what should I check here for me and my wife...I am sure for me, I need to check "other" but what should I specify here....and what abt option selection for my wife's G325.....

Thanks in advance................

Raj

1-if you have an A#, you can enter it there. As your wife does not yet have one, leave that area blank, or with lines drawn in it that can be written 'around' (you know where the dashes etc go). The Service may use that space to record her A# later (credit attorney Folinskyinla for posting that suggestion).

Be very, very careful about using "N/A"---almost every question IS going to apply.

2-I used 'status as a PR' on both of ours. Others have used 'other' and entered "I-130 petition". I have a sneaking suspicion that it just doesn't matter... :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Thanks for answer meauxna. . It helps. I had A # they gave me at the time of my perm. resi process...so my question is it the same A# that is mentioned on my perm resi card than I need to mention here ?? right ?

Thanks.

Edited by Raj0000

Thanks for answer meauxna. . It helps. I had A # they gave me at the time of my perm. resi process...so my question is it the same A# that is mentioned on my perm resi card than I need to mention here ?? right ?

Thanks.

1. Yes, you enter the A number that you had on the Permanent resident card. If you are a naturalized US Citizen, you can see the same A number on your naturalization certificate. Since you wife has no A #, write "NONE" for her. Don't leave any blank.

2. You can write "Other" and then specify "I-130 Petition."

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Thanks all for the answer. I have few more questions as I go through the forms.

I have been staying in India for more than a year. Although I have maintain the address in US, my question is ** What address should I put in form I-130 intem no. 2 in the section "Information abt you" where they ask for address. SHould I put my india present address or should I Put US address that I have maintained.

Q no. 2 is similar for my wife in the section "Information abt your relative"....Is this the same address they use to send packet 3/4 etc....Do I need to put my wife's parents address where she was living until now or should I put my present India address where my wife is now living with me....(Sorry its cofusing so gotta ask!!!)

Thanks again.

Raj

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was instructed by the overseas USCIS to use my US address on the I-130.

I always used a mailing address where the beneficiary could get postal mail--use a stable address that works for the mail.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.