together4evr

Curious about Egyptian AP evidence submitted

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have a question or two...especially for Egyptian Men that did not have to wait over 2 weeks for their Visa

There have only been a few men that got their visa within 2 weeks over the last 3 years.

I would like to know what evidence did they send with the 130 petition?

Also, I would like to know if having all the evidence that I have makes a difference.

Life insurance with egyptian as beneficiary

Health insurance for egyptian starting Jan 1, 2012

Credit cards in his name on my account that he uses and I use.

Joint bank account in Egypt

Changed my last name to his

Flat rental for 2 months in both our names in Alexandria

Mail to USA address in both our names

Magazine subscription to usa address in both our names

40 cards mailed to him from USA

10 cards mailed to me from Egypt

Of course the regular

phone bills

chats

daily webcam pics

Many photos with all his aunties and cousins and parents and siblings

emails and fb to and from his mother and sister

webcam with my family

Letters to his mother and sister and letters to me from them.

So, I am curious is other people have all this co-mingling of resources and evidence and they still get AP?

And if the counselor looked at their evidence or if they sent this evidence with I-130?

I am starting to worry...interview in 3 weeks. Panic might set in soon. lol

Also, my teenage daughter and I will go to Egypt for the interview and stay in a flat with the husband.

Thank you for all replys, both good and bad will be appreciated.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I have a question or two...especially for Egyptian Men that did not have to wait over 2 weeks for their Visa

There have only been a few men that got their visa within 2 weeks over the last 3 years.

Also, I would like to know if having all the evidence that I have makes a difference.

Of course the regular

phone bills

chats

daily webcam pics

webcam with my family

So, I am curious is other people have all this co-mingling of resources and evidence and they still get AP?

And if the counselor looked at their evidence or if they sent this evidence with I-130?

Also, my teenage daughter and I will go to Egypt for the interview and stay in a flat with the husband.

I submitted all our documents through a lawyer that I hired to help me with our case. So he pretty much did all the filling and sending necessary docs for me, but from what I remember we submitted the following:

copies of several credit cards where Essam is an authorized user(no s.s.# so can not be joint-the immigration realizes that)

copies of over +?#s pgs of phone records,(lots and lots of pages, im a talker...lets just say the phone bills uhhhh)

(we met in 2009, when i went to first time for vacation) so his emails to me after I returned home (not many from 2009 because we never thought that we will get married year and half later)

original marriage certificate(arabic), our orignal birth certificates, original translation of marriage certificate from arabic to english

my tickets (originals and print out) of flights there,

photos,

no bank statement because he does not qualify for social security number yet,

phone bill record showing him as joint,

wire transfers done to his bank account in egypt (as much financial connection as possible)

packages send dhl-dhl reciepts from me to him and vice versa

and as much evidence as possible to show joint marriage...After each visit, I collected all the orginal tickets from every trip we took together, every place we saw, cruise, zoo, etc that we both went to. They pretty much want all the originals and airline tickets.

Also, I wrote a letter of how we met, stayed connected and eventually fell in love...how he proposed to me and I couldn't wait to see him again:)

however, it is not needed for you to show proof of him putting you on flat or his bank account or anything else like that because the immigration does not care what he has but what you have since your brining him here to the usa. they will not look at his joint ownership of a rented flat ( i know that for a fact because we thought it would be good to do it but lawyer said clearly to me not to); joint account in egypt does not matter-

this is pretty much useless info they don't care about(per lawyer's advice); they want specific proof of marraige HERE in USA (of course as much as possible you can not add him to ur gas bill until he gets here).

Also, the lawyer filled the affidavit of support, with that I know he send last two years of my tax returned showing my status changed in last year from single to married. (i filled taxes jointly-per lawyers advice); he also send copies of my W-2s.

After a long period of waiting, waiting and waiting for the interview to be scheduled. I really could not take it anymore, it seemed like this case was not moving, waiting 6 months for an interview with no one giving me any answers seem just unreal. My lawyer seemed hopeless and his advice to me just to wait and be patient got me even more furious. I decided to write a letter to the congressmen in my state and the U.S.ambassador in Cairo pleading for just an interview date for my husband. I recieved a call from one of our congressmen and reply from cairo and finally after another couple months of waiting -an interview date:).

I told my husband to bring everything he has to the interview, I send him continues copies of phone record, more dhl reciepts, wire transfer (even though my lawyer told me not to send anything because it will not be necessary) and the lawyer was correct the only thing the woman asked him was if she could see few pictures and he had over 80 to show her lol!

We have a very simple story: we met fell in love and want to get a chance to have a life together. I don't even know how it happened that my husband got his visa issued in 5 days after the interview but i'm very greatful i really think that someone has been watching over us. All my long prayer have been answered.:)

I really feel the interview for you and your husband will go well. But I really dont think its necessary for you and your childrent to be there. It's his interview, he should be given the opportunity to do his part of this process. But either way I hope it will go well for you and he will not be placed on a long AP:) Good luck!

Timeline

That you for your information. It is very helpful. Sounds like you got one of the good attorneys. I am really so incredible happy he got his visa in 5 days! It truly gives me hope that mine will not have to suffer through AP. Mine does not have a HIT NAME. At least not that I know of. And his family are truly good people. All I can do is have him go to the interview with confidence and answer whatever they ask of him.

Tank you again and I pray you have a wonderful life with your husband.

When is he coming????

And is his first name Mohamed, Ahmed, Abdul or Ali?

Just trying to find any of those names that get their visa quick.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey, I was told I would get the Visa in less than two weeks

No mention of AP

And I did not submit half the documents listed above

But then again I am a former green card holder so my case as an Egyptian male is a little different

If I may ask , is the teenage daughter his, what's the age difference and what does he do in Alex

Edited by sherif23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Of course the regular

phone bills

chats

daily webcam pics

webcam with my family

AP is a background check and a name check. My bf submitted; university transcripts and diploma (arabic and english), contract of investment, on his farm proof of all the jobs he had, licenses he holds, even a certificate of no marriage (affidavit from his lawyer). I believe that helped tremendously. He brought all these forms to the interview and the lady examined them. Authenticity is what they look for. The only thing mising was, well, the name check. Namechecks go through all the systems: FBI, CIA, etc.

Don't panic, everything will be ok. Have him compile all his "life papers" and have them ready just-in-case. Namechecks are inevitable, even for O-1 visa (which is the one I work with).

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

Thank you very much. I asked him earlier to get a couple of those. He did not understand college transcripts. I will ask and make sure he has them.

I appreciate everyones advice and comments.

Thank you

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Thank you very much. I asked him earlier to get a couple of those. He did not understand college transcripts. I will ask and make sure he has them.

I appreciate everyones advice and comments.

Thank you

That's great! He still has time to go to his university and solicit them. AP is a fancy acronym to say "I wanna make sure you're not a terrorist or the 3rd cousin of Goty or a supplier for the Cali Cartel."

Name hits are just a hassle. My friend, now named Sebastian Marroquin, changed his name for protection. He's the son of Pablo Escobar, so his given name was Pablo Escobar 2nd. Even with a clean record and a new name, he's not allowed entry in the US. Funny thing is, there are other men that probably hold that name as well. But the system knows which Escobar to deny. Sorry about dropping names, however, this is not a secret. You can google him :)

Good luck. Everything will be ok.

Edited by NY_BX

Timeline

My husband does not understand college transcripts so what does he ask for in Arabic?

Thank you

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: Timeline

Of course the regular

phone bills

chats

daily webcam pics

webcam with my family

I hesitate to say this because we are Americans, but it would be interesting to know the religion of the people put in AP. As I believe the US is looking for any links to terrorism with the name checks and unfortunately this makes your Muslim husbands a big target for a name check. I don't think there are too many Egyptian beneficiaries of other religion on here, but the stats would be very interesting.

Timeline

I hesitate to say this because we are Americans, but it would be interesting to know the religion of the people put in AP. As I believe the US is looking for any links to terrorism with the name checks and unfortunately this makes your Muslim husbands a big target for a name check. I don't think there are too many Egyptian beneficiaries of other religion on here, but the stats would be very interesting.

My husband is Muslim..(as majority of the Egyptians I assume). One way to distinguish religion among Egptians without asking direclty is by looking at their names some men have Christian names (like David) but majority have Muslim.

That you for your information. It is very helpful. Sounds like you got one of the good attorneys. I am really so incredible happy he got his visa in 5 days! It truly gives me hope that mine will not have to suffer through AP. Mine does not have a HIT NAME. At least not that I know of. And his family are truly good people. All I can do is have him go to the interview with confidence and answer whatever they ask of him.

Tank you again and I pray you have a wonderful life with your husband.

When is he coming????

And is his first name Mohamed, Ahmed, Abdul or Ali?

Just trying to find any of those names that get their visa quick.

No my husband does not have any of these names. His first name is very unique -Essam.

Filed: Timeline

My husband is Muslim..(as majority of the Egyptians I assume). One way to distinguish religion among Egptians without asking direclty is by looking at their names some men have Christian names (like David) but majority have Muslim.

No my husband does not have any of these names. His first name is very unique -Essam.

My husband is Christian but his name is Waleed, not the normal Christian name. However, as you know religion is such a huge part of the Egyptian life that they even record their religion on all government documents such as the passport and national ID.

Timeline

My husband does not understand college transcripts so what does he ask for in Arabic?

Thank you

in arabic, I don't know. Tell him to go to the university and get a document that has all his grades and degree granted.

hi,

hope your interview will be alright. i am applying for spouse visa too in egypt, but just mailed my i-130. do u need a translated birth certificate of the benificiary to mail with the package or to show in the embassy. i just want to speed things up and i don't know how?

thank you so much :)

Timeline

you need a translated certified birth cert for the NVC and the embassy (in case NVC lost it)

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.