albie

WAITING PERIOD!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance and i are waiting for our NOA2 hopefully we receive it in Jan 2012. We filed in Aug 20, 2011 so Jan 2012 will be 5months in application. I'm asking what do i do while i wait for my interview date, Noa2. I have gathered our documents, my new birth cert, passport, pic, call logs, cards..

1. how do i prepare myself.?. i'm reading on VJ.

2. WHAT items do i need for the interview?

3. is the Ghana emabassy going to call me on phone to pick up my packages 3 and 4 at the embassy or it'll be mailed to my postal address??

4. whats the interview process like right from entering the premises of the embassy?

5. what should be my appearnace and how do i go about answering the CO questions??

Please let me know the relevant information i need to make my visa journey successful and visa approved... Thanks

Hello and well done for getting this far! :) The waiting period can be super stressful at scary! Our NOA2 took about 5 months too so you are likley to be expecting it soon! Getting papers together is always good but you will soon have to attend your medical! So maybe look into that

1. Reading Vj like you said is a great way to prepare yourself! You could also use google, phone the embassy in your country if you have any questions that you think may cause serious problems (the embassy phone is likley to cost alot!)

2. All embassys are diffrent, when you recieve the email/letter it will tell you exactly what to bring but you can always take extras.. For example London didnt NEED prood of realtionship but I had alot of it anyway just incase!

3. It should be mailed to you, I dont know about your embassy but mine packet 3 and 4 where emailed seprtaly to me.

4. Again this varies on embassys, for me and alot of people it is not as scary as it is in your head! I was terrified of setting foot in the embassy! But the moment I sat down i calmed down alot, it really wasnt as scary as I thought atall!

5. Dress smart casual, not too fancy but not jeans and a t-shirt.. As for the CO questions the answers should be pretty simple for you as they will be questions about what you know! I.e what does your Fiancee do for a living?

Goodluck, hope this helped!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance and i are waiting for our NOA2 hopefully we receive it in Jan 2012. We filed in Aug 20, 2011 so Jan 2012 will be 5months in application. I'm asking what do i do while i wait for my interview date, Noa2. I have gathered our documents, my new birth cert, passport, pic, call logs, cards..

1. how do i prepare myself.?. i'm reading on VJ.

2. WHAT items do i need for the interview?

3. is the Ghana emabassy going to call me on phone to pick up my packages 3 and 4 at the embassy or it'll be mailed to my postal address??

4. whats the interview process like right from entering the premises of the embassy?

5. what should be my appearnace and how do i go about answering the CO questions??

Please let me know the relevant information i need to make my visa journey successful and visa approved... Thanks

Wow you are already prepping yourself to be well equipped for your interview! :thumbs: Good Luck!

“The moon is at her full, and riding high, floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky are all asleep tonight.” ~William C. Bryant

Click HERE for our complete K-1 visa journey timeline.

Happily Married: December 1, 2012

AOS Journey:
Filing Date: 4/15/2013

NOA1: 4/23/2013

Received RFE: 5/13/2013 (We forgot to include proof of citizenship of co-sponsor)

Mailed our response to the RFE: 5/15/2013 (We sent the co-sponsor's U.S. birth certificate)

Biometrics Appointment: 5/20/13

EAD: arrived 6/24/13

AOS: APPROVED! No interview! Approval (NOA-1 letter)Date: 9/24/2013

2 year conditional green card received 09/2013.

10 year permanent residency approved 2016.

<3 Baby girl born February 2015 <3

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Last Ghana did was mail 3&4- if you get it your lucky. Once you know your case has been sent from NVC you can email them with Case number (get from NVC) to ask for a pickup date... .

Pictures, communications, plane tickets and such Anything and EVERYTHING. Make sure all names and DOBs match on Ghana papers, get new birth certificate if needed. Wait till a month before interview for Police Certificate, medicals can happen once you have your date.

Tax Transcripts are the best for the I-864. Make sure you have all papers that go with this.

Passport pictures.

Process- enter, wait to be called.... I believe you pay before going for K-1 now (check with recent people)... you can check your cell phone at the guard...make sure you can slide stuff under a window opening- no big notebooks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Last Ghana did was mail 3&4- if you get it your lucky. Once you know your case has been sent from NVC you can email them with Case number (get from NVC) to ask for a pickup date... .

Pictures, communications, plane tickets and such Anything and EVERYTHING. Make sure all names and DOBs match on Ghana papers, get new birth certificate if needed. Wait till a month before interview for Police Certificate, medicals can happen once you have your date.

Tax Transcripts are the best for the I-864. Make sure you have all papers that go with this.

Passport pictures.

Process- enter, wait to be called.... I believe you pay before going for K-1 now (check with recent people)... you can check your cell phone at the guard...make sure you can slide stuff under a window opening- no big notebooks.

please, roughly, what is the length and height of the space under the window for people to slide their documents under? my fiancee and i have been making photobooks(from shutterfly) for every year we have been dating and i am going to use it. i am worried it might not be able to slide under the window opening.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I never received the package 3 and 4. This could be because I never waited to receive anything. Once I received the approval email I had already prepared the documents for the AOS and the DS-230 based on the very good information posted by my fellow VJr's. I paid the fee and I mailed out the documents with the cover letter docuemnts provided by the NVC. My advise: take advantage of the informaion found here. Begin to download and complete documents, gaither evidence, and do not wait for USCIS and NVC. The day the approval comes in and you have the cover receipt letter, you can mail out the next day if you are prepared. I only received email as to the receipt of what I sent them. I never got a letter saying, OK your next step is blah blah blah. They delay in mailing things out, mean while you could be in process. It worked for me, check my timeline. The reason I say this is when we did the fiance visa we never received one letter from the Embassy after our approval. After I emailed then they claimed they mailed the documents, and then we were told he could use the email and go pick it up the package at the. However, waiting on them caused a 2 month delay in my processing. This time I harrassed them so much the lady told me to call back on Dec 16th to get the interview date, in two days they emailed me with the interview letter for January.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Timeline

Passport pictures.

thanks so much. Must i wait to get a letter from Accra Embassy to get my Police certificate and medicals done. I want to know if i can just walk into the Police Station and request for the certificate and medicals from the hospital?? i know that with the medicals i can go to Akai House at Osu but what about the Police Certificate???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Wait for the police certificate (in ghana they dont want it more then a month old). Osu police station- takes about 2 weeks to get. They require you to take the pictures there. Just walked in and requested it.

Wait on the medical- you want it to be valid for AOS here.... you need passport pictures here.

They ask for papers one by one- photo albums can be tricky- I did a paper folder with plastic sleeves for pictures to make sure it fits. My husband said things fit- but i would go with small things...

Timeline

Wait for the police certificate (in ghana they dont want it more then a month old). Osu police station- takes about 2 weeks to get. They require you to take the pictures there. Just walked in and requested it.

Wait on the medical- you want it to be valid for AOS here.... you need passport pictures here.

They ask for papers one by one- photo albums can be tricky- I did a paper folder with plastic sleeves for pictures to make sure it fits. My husband said things fit- but i would go with small things...

thanks once again. how much do i pay for the Police report??did you say i need to take my pictures along with me to the Police station or they will use their camera to take the pic?? thanks

Timeline

Police Certificate can vary from 20-40GHC depending on who you know.... They will take your pictrues there...

thanks for the good information. i'll keep you updated on my process. thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.