Lyric

Gathering info to send to fiance for his interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm trying to make copies of everything and put together all the stuff I need to send to my fiance for his interview in Montreal. I'm wondering, should I send him the original and a copy of the NOA2?? I wouldn't think that they need this but then again, I just want to make sure. Oh and should he also do a new letter of intent?

One more thing. All this info has to go to Toronto and it's going to be quite a large packet. What advice do you all have as to how to send it? I'm scared to death it will get lost in the mail. I'm figuring I should send it Fed Ex, I suppose? I've got three and a half weeks for it to get to him so it's not like it has to be rushed or anything but I want to send it so that it has a tracking number. I'd prefer for HIM to have to sign for it too.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1/28/06 Sent I-129 to TSC

2/08/06 Received NOA1

4/24/06 NOA 2 online

5/01/06 NOA 2 Received in the mail

5/11/06 Case Received at NVC

6/01/06 Packet 3 Received

6/28/06 Packet 3 Sent to Montreal

10/26/06 Interview date - POSTPONED :(

01/25/07 Interview Postponed.....again

11/01/07 Third and final Interview date allowed.

Filed: Timeline
I'm trying to make copies of everything and put together all the stuff I need to send to my fiance for his interview in Montreal. I'm wondering, should I send him the original and a copy of the NOA2?? I wouldn't think that they need this but then again, I just want to make sure. Oh and should he also do a new letter of intent?

One more thing. All this info has to go to Toronto and it's going to be quite a large packet. What advice do you all have as to how to send it? I'm scared to death it will get lost in the mail. I'm figuring I should send it Fed Ex, I suppose? I've got three and a half weeks for it to get to him so it's not like it has to be rushed or anything but I want to send it so that it has a tracking number. I'd prefer for HIM to have to sign for it too.

Thanks in advance for the help.

When I went for my Montreal interview, I only had a copy of the NOA2.

To cut down on mailing costs, my fiance sent me the originals (NO copies) and then I photocopied everything after receiving them. We relied on FedEx, although every time we had to snail mail something, I too was scared to death of things getting lost in the mail! Things turned out okay in the end :)

I sent my original NOA1, IMBRA RFE, and NOA2 to David but the Frankfurt Consulate didn't ask to see any of it. Everybody's experience is different, though.

I wrote an updated, notarized letter of intent and sent it when I sent all of the NOAs and the I-134. Thought it best to send a new letter since I wasn't going to be there for the interview. David did not write an updated letter.

I'd vote for Fed-Ex too.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Other Timeline

Priority International Mail is cheaper, and in some cases actually faster than FedEx or other couriers. That's how James sent me his stuff, and it was only a few days. Couriers always took longer. And you can have it sent with signature required and tracking.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Don't send it DHL. We had Darcy's medical info sent to us while we were on vacation and they were supposed to hold it for us at the Cleveland DHL processing. They didn't hold it nor obtain a signature like they are required to do with international shipments. It was sitting between our two doors of our house when we returned. :angry:

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.