MaddyLynn

Is there anyone that can give me any advice on this? Please help me if you can.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone hope that everyone is doing well. Me on the other hand am depressed and sad. I have know my boyfriend now husband since 2005. I am a U.S. citizen but decend from Dominican Republic. I tend to travel to my country at least once a year. In 2005 I met my husband and got into a relationship. A long distance relationship and we called each other wrote each other and i traveled over there to see him. I decided to file a I-129F which is a Fiance visa. I did all paper work and everything and all was going well we got our interview for October of 2010 we went and visa was denied because the consul said we didnt have enough evidence and that it seemed to him that it was for immigration purposes that I was filing for him. He told us we were going to receive a letter letting us know what were the following steps to take. I was coming back to the US in December and never got that letter so we decided to get married. When I got here I got in touch with uscis and let them know that I was suppose to receive a letter and never got it so my boyfriend (fiance) at the time decided to get married. They told me that I was supposed to cancel the 129F case being it that we got married and that I was suppose to start a new case filing an I-130 petition to bring spouse to US. I started everything over again. In May 2011 I sent out the I-130 along with all the documentation and money they asked for. I kept receiving other parts of applications that went along with the I-130 petition and the rest of the money that they asked for the point is that everything was done and in the beginning of October 2011 I received a final notice telling me that all i was waiting on was an interview date. I got the interview letter letting us know the interview was set for Nov 10, 2011. WE went to interview with pics, receipts of money and boxes of food and clothing i used to sent him, postcards we sent each other and a few other things. When we got there everything was flowing along well until a blonde lady called us on window 18 she just asked us like 3 questions and told us to go back and sit and wait. Honestly i was really happy because i really thought that that was it i was already telling my husband how happy i was because he was going to get his visa and we could finally live together and start making our own family. After like 2 hours of waitin they called us to window 11 which was all the way back and it said immigration investigations a man called my husband in a room first and then after a while i was called in and asked alot of questions and then we were sent out to wait again after like another hour we were called back to window 18 and the blonde told us that they couldnt give him a visa because we couldnt answer simple questions so therefore they came to a decision that we got married for immigration purposes basically the same thing as before. They didnt even ask us if we took any proof or evidence so i am very disgusted at how they handle these interviews. I am also very mad because there were couples there that were really doing it because of immigration purposes and those got the visa right away they werent even asked so man questions. This is my story and i am asking you if you have any idea on what to do about this. Anything you can tell me will b good help. We were given a white paper letting us know that the case was going to be sent back to the US and that we were suppose to wait for a letter but I havent received anything yet and I want to know what the next step i have to take because i still want my husband to come live with me i want us to be together already and start our family ps in the white paper they wiggled out the part that says about a waiver. Does that mean i wont even have a chance to get a waiver? Please help me anyone that can.

Sincerely,

MaddyLynn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is not a waiver for that.

What questions did they ask that you got wrong?

How do you know the other people were doing it for 'papers'.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I knew of a specific couple that they were doing it for the papers thas how I know they didn't even get questions asked only a couple like when did they meet, did the family approve of the marriage, and when was the wedding. Those were the only questions they got asked. See how unfair it is. About my questions the only question we got screwed in was that they asked my husband who took a bath first two nights before the interview day and then he asked me who took a bath first the night before the interview. See how we got screwed it wasn't even the same question so how was he goiing to get the same answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.