rjl

Need help with US K-1 fiance visa requirements

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh ok. hmmm... he's not really earning enough. but he gets a check from the government every month. $1400 to be exact. and he doesn't own a property. he rents and just owns a car. will an affidavit of support from my uncle help? my uncle and his wife are earning pretty well.

ill leave that to others.. I have no certain idea about how it exactly works. how to convert and count properties and add them up all together to show what is enough....but check similar threads to get an idea. also see this poverty guidelines

Happy New Year!

duly noted. again, thank you so much for all the information that you and the others have just given me. they are extremely helpful =)

ill leave that to others.. I have no certain idea about how it exactly works. how to convert and count properties and add them up all together to show what is enough....but check similar threads to get an idea. also see this poverty guidelines

thanks for your reply, too. i got confused the past 2 weeks coz 3 people said different things. i know i have to get both the birth cert and cenomar at nso. but one is saying it needs to be stamped at malacanang. teapot replied earlier and said there was no need. and i believe you just confirmed that, too. everyone's been so helpful. i didn't expect a response this fast! =) thank you =)

do you have any other tips to give? =) i would greatly appreciate even more =) once again, thank you so much =)

yes, you said it right.

you will have the original police clearance and original NBi certificate/clearance on your interview day.

make sure you have all your originals documents with you.

for this processing all you have to do is complete all the documents, all documents that you think are helpful to your relationship will do. if you have an engagement pictures with you and your fiance you can include that. make a copies of your own on every thing that you are sending as part of your K1 application.

you are very welcome.

oh ok. but i don't need to mail the pnp and nbi clearance to my fiance right? do forgive me for any stupid questions i may have. and please correct me if i'm wrong on this. i will be mailing him the ff: my birth cert, cenomar, our pics, receipts, chats on skype, fb, gmail, remittance receipts.

oh, and would you happen to know this. his income isn't enough but he gets a check from the government $1400 a month. anyhoo, so there are other forms to fill out, right? i asked my uncle for an affidavit of support. will that help?

i have listed everything that everyone has told me in this forum. i am surprised and thankful for all the information and tips given to me.

yes, you said it right.

you will have the original police clearance and original NBi certificate/clearance on your interview day.

make sure you have all your originals documents with you.

for this processing all you have to do is complete all the documents, all documents that you think are helpful to your relationship will do. if you have an engagement pictures with you and your fiance you can include that. make a copies of your own on every thing that you are sending as part of your K1 application.

you are very welcome.

Timeline

oh ok. but i don't need to mail the pnp and nbi clearance to my fiance right? do forgive me for any stupid questions i may have. and please correct me if i'm wrong on this. i will be mailing him the ff: my birth cert, cenomar, our pics, receipts, chats on skype, fb, gmail, remittance receipts.

oh, and would you happen to know this. his income isn't enough but he gets a check from the government $1400 a month. anyhoo, so there are other forms to fill out, right? i asked my uncle for an affidavit of support. will that help?

i have listed everything that everyone has told me in this forum. i am surprised and thankful for all the information and tips given to me.

You will just have to mail him the G325A and 2x2 pics..click here for examples

Write a "Fiancee Letter of intent" too. Just check around here what's the format. The rest are for your interview. However if you have the pics and other evidences of your of your meeting together, send that in too.

Post another thread of question about his income. Indicate how many dependents he has, if you are bringing a kid too and how much is he making and that option you have in mind. You'll see different and helpful answers. (F)

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the Currant Income is $1400.00 per Month. You will need a Co-sponsor. Members will say assets will count but I'm going to assume there are none.. Currant Guildlines are about $18,400.00 Gross Income for a family of 2.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

oh ok. good thing you mentioned this. will we need to submit original receipts, birth certs? or can we submit everything in photocopy?

You will just have to mail him the G325A and 2x2 pics..click here for examples

Write a "Fiancee Letter of intent" too. Just check around here what's the format. The rest are for your interview. However if you have the pics and other evidences of your of your meeting together, send that in too.

Post another thread of question about his income. Indicate how many dependents he has, if you are bringing a kid too and how much is he making and that option you have in mind. You'll see different and helpful answers. (F)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The very first thing for you to do is to look up at the top of the page and click "guides" and read what documents will be needed and what to provide to your fiance in the US.

That way, you get a basic understanding of the process.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

oh wow. should i get 2 affidavits of support then? is this $18,400 per month?

If the Currant Income is $1400.00 per Month. You will need a Co-sponsor. Members will say assets will count but I'm going to assume there are none.. Currant Guildlines are about $18,400.00 Gross Income for a family of 2.

yes, thank you. was doing some reading and going back and forth in the forum. thanks so much =)

The very first thing for you to do is to look up at the top of the page and click "guides" and read what documents will be needed and what to provide to your fiance in the US.

That way, you get a basic understanding of the process.

Timeline

oh ok. good thing you mentioned this. will we need to submit original receipts, birth certs? or can we submit everything in photocopy?

photocopy. That's his BC or his passport. The front part. To show that he's a USC and can petition an alien. The other pages of passport which will show his exit and entrance to the PI will serve as an evidence of your meeting.

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

ok. got it =) very helpful tips. thank you teapot. =) thanks to everyone, too.

for now, i will go to bed. i work at night so i need to get some rest. will log back in tomorrow morning.

thank you all so so so so much!!!!! =) i'm overwhelmed (in a good way) with all your responses =)

photocopy. That's his BC or his passport. The front part. To show that he's a USC and can petition an alien. The other pages of passport which will show his exit and entrance to the PI will serve as an evidence of your meeting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Passport of the Petitioner/Beneficiary should show EVERY PAGE Front, Inside even if blank And the Back. COVER TO COVER. In Color.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Timeline

Petitioner

Check $340

129F Form

G325A and 2x2 photo (both of you)

Divorce decree all pages

Evidences of meeting in person

-pics

-passport stamps all pages or Birth Cert

-tickets

-itinerary

-hotel receipt

-credit card statements

-G1145

Advisable but not really a requirement: Letter of Intent (both party), Cover letter, etc

After 3-5mos and approval

For your interview

-NBI (travel abroad)

-Cenomar

-annulment paper if married before

-Divorce decree (again)

-BC (NSO)

- Evidence of ONGOING RELATIONSHIP phone bills letters, chat etc, remittance receipt

- Affidavit of support niya then attach ITR 1040, W2 BAnk Statement, property stamement, pay stubs, insurance papers,

-DS 156, ds156k, DS157

Hi,

I was wondering if the applicant needs to have the copy of all the things the petitioner has submitted for the proof of relationship (chats, plane tickets, itinerary, etc) to bring them to the interview or should she just provide additional evidences (if there's any)?

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Am i right that if the W2 and ITR are enough (125 percent of poverty guidelines) no need for other back up papers like bank statements etc?

Employment Letter is always a plus...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.