jamrok

PACKET 3 CHECK LIST FOR MANILA EMBASSY

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello all,

anyone has a detail checklist of Packet 3 for manila embassy and at what point should we

send it off to expedite things? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Here is what I have found from my searching. I'm in the same position as you.....

Documentation for K-1 Visa

Required for the "US" and/or "Overseas" Steps. In general, originals are required at the interview. Documents not in English must be certified translations. Copies of certain documents must be certified copies.

Note: This is only a general list, and depending on the application, some items may or may not apply.

U.S. Citizen

1. U.S. passport and birth certificate

2. Tax returns for the last 3 years

3. Information for the past 5 years (residence and employment)

4. Documentation in regard to financial status: a) bank account/statement, B) property documents, c) current payroll, paystubs, etc. The United States citizen has to demonstrate that he/she has sufficient funds/income ability to support the fiance(e) or spouse (or total family) [see Affidavit of Support Information.]

5. Prior marriage documentation

6. Children's birth certificate

Foreign National

1. Birth certificate and passport

2. Tax returns for the last 3 years

3. Information for the past 5 years (residence and employment)

4. Documentation in regard to financial status, if applicable

5. Medical exam

6. Fingerprints, criminal records

7. Prior marriage documentation

8. Children's birth certificate

U.S. Citizen AND Foreign National

1. Evidence of relationship, such as:

a) Photographs of couple, including those with friends, family members

B) Letters/correspondence between the couple

c) Joint tax return, bank, credit, account, membership, etc. documents

d) Long distance telephone bills showing phone calls

e) Train tickets, airline tickets, showing trips taken together - or - to visit each other. Copies of hotel bills, etc.

f) If you own "property" together, then bank account statements, personal property receipts (if purchases), auto registration or "pink slips", lease or deed to home, stocks, bonds, etc.

g) If you have insurance (health, travel, life) coverage showing for each other/together, life insurance; medical, dental insurance; auto, homeowners.

h) Wedding photos & documents (if not yet married, documents of wedding plans: Affidavit or letter from clergy/judge who will marry you or who has provided pre-marital counseling; Receipts for deposits made toward church, hotel, facilities, clothing, food, flowers, photographs, etc.; Sample invitations).

i) Other documents else to show that you both have met in person and intend to marry for reasons other than for immigration purposes.

j) Affidavits/letters from friends or relatives who have met your fiance(e), have seen you both together, and who are aware of the future marriage.

K Visa Issuance "Overseas" Step

1. The U.S. Consulate/Embassy will directly forward the K Visa Issuance package to the overseas fiance(e).

2. The fiance(e) will collect information and documents.

3. The fiance(e) will notify the U.S. Consulate/Embassy that he/she is ready for the interview.

4. The U.S. Consulate/Embassy will schedule an interview.

5. The fiance(e) will go to the interview with the information and documents collected.

K Visa Issuance Package

1. DS-230 Part I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration

2. DSL-1076, Visa Instructions for Fiance(e) Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants

3. DS-156 (replaces OF-156), Nonimmigrant Visa Application

4. DS-2052 (replaces OF-156K), Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) Visa Application

5. I-134, Affidavit of Support

6. Attachment to OF-167, Public Charge Evidence

7. DS-2053, Medical Examination for Immigrant or Refugee Applicant

8. DS-3024, Chest X-ray and Classification Worksheet

9. DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet

10. DS-3026, Medical History and Physical Examination Worksheet

Important: All documents must be ORIGINALS or copies certified only by the office of record, and must be accompanied by English translation.

Collecting information and documents

1. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the issuance of K visa.

2. Birth certificate.

3. Military records.

4. Marriage certificate, if married previously.

5. Divorce decree, Death certificate and other documents evidencing that the marriage had ended, if married previously.

6. Evidence of relationship and intent to marry, and financial information.

7. Criminal records.

8. Medical exam (using some of the forms provided by the U.S. Consulate/Embassy).

9. I-134, Affidavit of Support, to be completed by U.S. Citizen.

10. Identity documents of the U.S. Citizen.

Notifying the U.S. Consulate/Embassy

After collecting necessary documents and information, the fiance(e) will complete and only send forms DS-230 Part I and DSL-1076 to the U.S. Consulate/Embassy.

Note: Documents are NOT submitted at this time. The submission of two forms, OF-230 Part 1 and DSL-1076, informs the U.S. Consulate/Embassy that you have all the necessary information and documents, and that you are ready for the interview to be scheduled. (Other forms are to be completed, but not submitted at this time.)

Interview/Appointment

The U.S. Consulate/Embassy will review the two forms for completion, and schedule an interview.

Going to the Interview

Information and documents, including all other forms that the fiance(e) has completed, are actually presented at the interview. The interview will focus on the bona fides of the relationship, intent to marry in the United States, as well as information relating to public charge (whether the couple has or will have have sufficient income in the United States).

I got all this from Here Maybe this will give you a start and other more experienced VJ members can comment.

Reunited for good and it feels so good!

----- I-129F ------

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-05

NOA2 : 2009-09-01

Medical : 2009-10-01/02

Interview : 2009-10-13

POE (San Francisco) : 2009-11-20

Wedding : 2009-12-30

SSN (Married Name) : 2010-01-11

SSN Card Arrival : 2010-01-15

AOS Sent: 2010-03-19

AOS Arrived: 2010-03-25

AOS&EAD Notice Rcvd: 2010-04-30 dated 2010-04-23

AP Notice Rcvd: 2010-04-01

Biometrics Taken: 2010-05-07

Biometrics Schedule: 2010-05-21

EAD Card Arrived: 2010-06-16

Interview Schedule: 2010-06-25

Removal of Conditions

Packet Sent: May 14, 2012

Packet Received: May 16, 2012

INFOPASS Schedule: June 14, 2012

Biometrics Taken: June 14, 2012 (same day passport was stamped 1-551/6-month extension inc work authorization)

Biometrics Schedule: June 27, 2012

Hello all,

anyone has a detail checklist of Packet 3 for manila embassy and at what point should we

send it off to expedite things? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Manila Embassy does not send out Packet 3. We only get Packet 4. We don't send anything back to the embassy but bring all the required documents during our interview.

For contents of Packet 4 click here http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfivk1.pdf

You may want to join us at the Manila thread. Click here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...181&st=1680

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.