wynterstail

Info direct from Embassy in Kingston

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For those who have asked about whether they need to attend interview, I just received the following email from the Embassy:

Hi again:

I forgot to address the last part of your e-mail. While it is not a requirement, it is always helpful if the petitioner (the U.S. citizen) is here for the visa interview.

Immigrant Visa Unit

American Embassy

Kingston, Jamaica

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

This e-mail is unclassified based on the definitions provided in E.O. 1295

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

While it is not a requirement, it is always helpful if the petitioner (the U.S. citizen) is here for the visa interview.

Let me translate:

If you don't come for the interview we are going to make it extremely difficult for your fiancee'

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
While it is not a requirement, it is always helpful if the petitioner (the U.S. citizen) is here for the visa interview.

Let me translate:

If you don't come for the interview we are going to make it extremely difficult for your fiancee'

Depends on how prepared you are. I didn't attend interview and we got thru (hubby had 5+ pound binder full of required info and tons of "proof" that we had a bonafide relationship. Jamie didn't attend (to my recollection) and she and Andre got approved also.

If you cannot make it, it's better to be overprepared in your proof than not. I did a table of contents and had color dividers in our binder to make things easier to find for both fiance and interviewer (list on TOC was color coordinated to divider colors...yes a bit ####### but it worked :yes:). Get tips from other boardies and use what you feel will help your interview. Good luck :thumbs:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

I totally agree...there was a guy sitting next to us while we were waiting and he was sweating bullets.....they kept calling him up and giving him more papers to fill out -- I was trying to help him as much as I could because I had lots of extras with me......I felt so bad for him.....after about an hour of him going back and forth from the window he eventually got the "blue slip." His fiancee didn't prepare him at all for anything....he had this little folder with nothing in it.

I went to Kingston with my whole life in a big file. If they wanted to see my 1st grade report card....I had it. :lol:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.