habibi83

Interview 12/15 Cairo, Egypt

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

December 15, 2011

Embassy Review : My husband had his interview @ 7:30am. He arrived (alone) way too early, the embassy opened at 7:00. Around 6:30 am, people started to gather in front of the US embassy. Essam was the second person to walk in, his number was 501. He walked in around 7:20am and was finished around 10:00am. First, he met with an Egyptian lady that checked all his documents and gave him back the originals. After that he was told to go get finger printed. It was a really nice American lady that spoke Arabic to him. Then he was told to pay for DHL and wait for his number to be called. From what he said our file was in red folder which was different from all the other folders he saw. Someone started to call out numbers starting with 500. My husband was 501 however, his number was skiped. After 500, then they called 502,3,4...all the way this 25 and finally his number was called 501. He was a bit nervous not knowing why he has been skipped and our file was in red folder. Once his number was called, he processed to an interview window. He was intervied by a Chinese woman.(it could be the same one i saw people write about earlier). She only asked him few very basic questions:

What is your wife's name?

How did you meet?

Where does she work?

Have you or her been married before?

Then she asked him to see his picture. Essam had over 80 pictures from all our travels and my visits. She looked through some off them, then got up and disappeared for 5 min.(he thinks she went to the bathroom. Then she came back, said to him "Sorry for the delay", he said "it's ok, no problem take your time". And then she said to him Mr. Essam you are approved, congratulations. She circled yes on some paper and had him sign it. Then she said to him "you will be getting your visa 10 days till two weeks max". She gave him back the pictures and he was done.

The interview went very well for him. Essam was happy with the whole process.

Nothing was mentioned about AP or any additional wait time. We are counting down 2 weeks.

My question to those that had interviewed with the Chinese lady or just the once that were told before 10 days to 2 weeks...Does that really happen? or can they put him on AP without saying anything? How can I check after 10 days? Who would I need to contact?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

December 15, 2011

Embassy Review : My husband had his interview @ 7:30am. He arrived (alone) way too early, the embassy opened at 7:00. Around 6:30 am, people started to gather in front of the US embassy. Essam was the second person to walk in, his number was 501. He walked in around 7:20am and was finished around 10:00am. First, he met with an Egyptian lady that checked all his documents and gave him back the originals. After that he was told to go get finger printed. It was a really nice American lady that spoke Arabic to him. Then he was told to pay for DHL and wait for his number to be called. From what he said our file was in red folder which was different from all the other folders he saw. Someone started to call out numbers starting with 500. My husband was 501 however, his number was skiped. After 500, then they called 502,3,4...all the way this 25 and finally his number was called 501. He was a bit nervous not knowing why he has been skipped and our file was in red folder. Once his number was called, he processed to an interview window. He was intervied by a Chinese woman.(it could be the same one i saw people write about earlier). She only asked him few very basic questions:

What is your wife's name?

How did you meet?

Where does she work?

Have you or her been married before?

Then she asked him to see his picture. Essam had over 80 pictures from all our travels and my visits. She looked through some off them, then got up and disappeared for 5 min.(he thinks she went to the bathroom. Then she came back, said to him "Sorry for the delay", he said "it's ok, no problem take your time". And then she said to him Mr. Essam you are approved, congratulations. She circled yes on some paper and had him sign it. Then she said to him "you will be getting your visa 10 days till two weeks max". She gave him back the pictures and he was done.

The interview went very well for him. Essam was happy with the whole process.

Nothing was mentioned about AP or any additional wait time. We are counting down 2 weeks.

My question to those that had interviewed with the Chinese lady or just the once that were told before 10 days to 2 weeks...Does that really happen? or can they put him on AP without saying anything? How can I check after 10 days? Who would I need to contact?

She's not chinese, I think she's asian, but I don't think she's of Chinese descent.

Anyways, he'll be on AP. She told us you'll get the visa in 10 days. That was Sunday, nov 27th. We're still waiting. A way to know if they're working on your case is to take the DHL receipt and check at dhl.com the tracking number. It tells you whenever they've touched the case and at what time. I've been following it and almost everyday there's an update early in the morning. I called the embassy's visa center and they said they're about to close the case and mail out his passport next week. So yes, she'll say "visa approved, you'll get it in 10 days," but that doesn't negate an AP.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

She's not chinese, I think she's asian, but I don't think she's of Chinese descent.

Anyways, he'll be on AP. She told us you'll get the visa in 10 days. That was Sunday, nov 27th. We're still waiting. A way to know if they're working on your case is to take the DHL receipt and check at dhl.com the tracking number. It tells you whenever they've touched the case and at what time. I've been following it and almost everyday there's an update early in the morning. I called the embassy's visa center and they said they're about to close the case and mail out his passport next week. So yes, she'll say "visa approved, you'll get it in 10 days," but that doesn't negate an AP.

thanks for the reply. it helps a lot:)

Timeline

I called the DOS today to check for the AP. My husband was placed on the AP. The lady told me not to purchase a ticket for him yet. Not until visa is visiable in their system. I pray that the AP will be for a short amount of time.

Timeline

I called the DOS today to check for the AP. My husband was placed on the AP. The lady told me not to purchase a ticket for him yet. Not until visa is visiable in their system. I pray that the AP will be for a short amount of time.

U CALLED DOS ? u mean department of state ? if he had the interview just yesterday how would they know that he is in AP remmber the embassy is closed on friday unless the embassy is realy that quick to inform DOS to put him in AP right after they interviewd him ( same day ) !!????? i would call the embassy themselfs on sunday to ask . the other thing maybe they already decided to put him on AP before the interview ? but if thats the case why would the CO tell him 7-10 days max ?

Edited by marymina119

Mina&Mariam

Timeline

U CALLED DOS ? u mean department of state ? if he had the interview just yesterday how would they know that he is in AP remmber the embassy is closed on friday unless the embassy is realy that quick to inform DOS to put him in AP right after they interviewd him ( same day ) !!????? i would call the embassy themselfs on sunday to ask . the other thing maybe they already decided to put him on AP before the interview ? but if thats the case why would the CO tell him 7-10 days max ?

I think they sent all the info electronically so it would be updated right away, the representative at Dep. of State already saw that he had the interview and is in "pending" status; she also told me he is in AP and not to purchase any flight tickets until they are able to view the visa in their systems. She said to call back after 2 weeks, but I will contact Cairo just to confirm. I think that 99.9% of males are usually places on AP. The only thing i hope for that it's a short one:)

Timeline

I pretty much adviced you of this practice. Almost every male goes into AP, no exceptions. You can take to tracking number of the DHL receipt and check the case on a daily basis. This sunday will be 3 weeks of our interview. I'm hoping he'll get his visa this week or the next.

Timeline

I pretty much adviced you of this practice. Almost every male goes into AP, no exceptions. You can take to tracking number of the DHL receipt and check the case on a daily basis. This sunday will be 3 weeks of our interview. I'm hoping he'll get his visa this week or the next.

I will definitly do it, my husband has the dhl info so i'll get it from him. Thanks:)

Also, I hope your husband will get his passport soon. I will be prey for both of us so they won't have a long wait. I miss my Essam very much and we both are so excited about the interview results! I've already started to decorate my home so it's more "male friendly".

Timeline

I will definitly do it, my husband has the dhl info so i'll get it from him. Thanks:)

Also, I hope your husband will get his passport soon. I will be prey for both of us so they won't have a long wait. I miss my Essam very much and we both are so excited about the interview results! I've already started to decorate my home so it's more "male friendly".

I don't want you to prey as I wouldn't want to be cyber-attacked by an unknown source ;)

My bedroom is decorated as we are: I have guitars on the walls and tattoo-like art.... :) The rest is hippie place and is staying like that.....

Timeline

I don't want you to prey as I wouldn't want to be cyber-attacked by an unknown source ;)

My bedroom is decorated as we are: I have guitars on the walls and tattoo-like art.... :) The rest is hippie place and is staying like that.....

lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.