nottoolong

Visa denied

28 posts in this topic

Nottoolong, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully all they want is for her to be able to speak a little more english. Hopefully that is all they are asking for. You will have to see what they are asking for and then move on from there. I hope Ning was able to find out more information from talking to May. If you need anything let me know. Good luck.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Nottoolong, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully all they want is for her to be able to speak a little more english. Hopefully that is all they are asking for. You will have to see what they are asking for and then move on from there. I hope Ning was able to find out more information from talking to May. If you need anything let me know. Good luck.

Thanks Andy. I saw May a little while ago and said Ning would be calling her when she has time. I explained she's woman whose helped me a lot and wanted to help us with this. May said that would be nice.

I'll also be contacting the embassy asking myself on what they want. If it's only for her to learn more English or anything more. They did also say they wanted more evidence, but I sent so much already. Crazy. I'll keep you posted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks Andy. I saw May a little while ago and said Ning would be calling her when she has time. I explained she's woman whose helped me a lot and wanted to help us with this. May said that would be nice.

I'll also be contacting the embassy asking myself on what they want. If it's only for her to learn more English or anything more. They did also say they wanted more evidence, but I sent so much already. Crazy. I'll keep you posted.

Yeah she wont learn English in the near future.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Just responded to your PM.

The wife called her. Sounds like her and Ying have it figured out. LOL.

The wife called her. Sounds like her and Ying have it figured out. LOL.

I hope it is something easy to over come.

AOS Journey

11-07-2011 delivered

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

Timeline

I hope it is something easy to over come.

Thank you Karee for calling her too.

Yes, me too Andy. Ning and Douglas called her last night (our time) and had her scan and send the 221g to me. That was very nice of them. May did do a cut and paste of the same info after her interview, but now I have a hard copy myself. As far as more info, I can get phone records now if anything can help us. Though I have to get a subpoena now. I can gather more e-mails that I didn't include, though I don't have a lot more. I took photos of us throughout the timeframe but didn't include all of those either. I thought that spreading them out over time would be sufficient... The stack of paperwork was a decent one, so I don't know why they said a significantly more. The English will be a tough one, though one of the their comments was to state the role of her cousin here who has helped us. May does know a little English and myself a little Thai, so hopefully including something that (like you suggested) says that will help too. When the embassy gets back to me, hopefully they'll elaborate some.

Timeline

I think the photos are key. Here is what the sent me after 221g:

During the interview, the applicant submitted only 5 photos, some money

transfers, 2 cards. Your 2007 income is above the poverty guidelines,

but the consular officer has noted an IRS lien of 11K from JUN 2008,

which would bring the income to below poverty guidelines. Thus, in

order to process the case, the applicant needs to submit more

substantial evidence of relationship and information about the lien.

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

I took care of the tax thing right away. Then I flew over there and had every motorbike taxi driver take photos of us all over Bangkok in different clothes. I went back in with her with the photos and she was approved. That embassy is nuts in my mind. Seems like they just pull one out of the file and say "lets #### with this one today" I say that because I have seen K visas get approved with almost zero evidence.

Timeline

I didn't go back to visit over the year, though I wanted to several times. The photos I provided were of her on-line, and there were many, but maybe a trip over there now is they key? Though like I said earlier, I want to regardless. Maybe I should include more pictures of when I was there in November of 2010? I included some in the 129F of course, but maybe more is needed now? I took over 900 when I was there... I just e-mailed the embassy addressing their comments on the 221g. We'll see what they say. Hopefully the English can be overcome, as well as the evidence. I can send more and just thought of many other things I can take pictures of. Like cards and gifts she sent me and my family, and a notebook that has what I've learned in Thai since we met (they don't think I know any). I also didn't include all the e-mails and pictures of her because I didn't want to send too much... It's not a lot more, but it is some. That is frustrating when people are approved with minimal evidence. May did say there were a few that weren't that day. Doing what you did with the pictures was a very good idea.

Maybe our case was one of the one's they wanted to mess with that day. Nice of them...

Thank you for the feedback.

I think the photos are key. Here is what the sent me after 221g:

During the interview, the applicant submitted only 5 photos, some money

transfers, 2 cards. Your 2007 income is above the poverty guidelines,

but the consular officer has noted an IRS lien of 11K from JUN 2008,

which would bring the income to below poverty guidelines. Thus, in

order to process the case, the applicant needs to submit more

substantial evidence of relationship and information about the lien.

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

I took care of the tax thing right away. Then I flew over there and had every motorbike taxi driver take photos of us all over Bangkok in different clothes. I went back in with her with the photos and she was approved. That embassy is nuts in my mind. Seems like they just pull one out of the file and say "lets #### with this one today" I say that because I have seen K visas get approved with almost zero evidence.

Karee, when you did that were you also there for the interview as well? Or did you fly there take the pictures spend time with your then fiance and then leave?

AOS Journey

11-07-2011 delivered

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

Timeline

Karee, when you did that were you also there for the interview as well? Or did you fly there take the pictures spend time with your then fiance and then leave?

No I was not there for the initial interview since I thought it was a slam dunk. I flew to BKK after the 221g. I went and gave the man an ugly look, some photos, and she was approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just wondering, how many times did you guys meet and how did you meet?

Also, Ning and Douglas are always such a huge help <3

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

Just wondering, how many times did you guys meet and how did you meet?

Also, Ning and Douglas are always such a huge help <3

We lived in an apartment on soi 16 at first, then we lived together on soi 33. My landlord:

http://diranart.com/web/index.php

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.