Mumbai Consulate Jan 2012 Appointments

56 posts in this topic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I doubt you will get in for Jan. My case closed in Oct and I am still waiting for a date, and with Chennai visas moving to Mumbai (+ the backlog due to holiday and shifting of consulate in Mumbai) it's going to be a long waiting game.

My case was closed on Dec 7th, and I am positive to get an interview date in Jan. :)

The fact is that, even they are shifting Chennai IV to Mumbai, but they claimed to have 4x more capacity. Thats mean, they can process the application more faster.

XrVRp5.png

My case was complete on October 27th and I still have not received an interview date. :(

It seems everything slowed down all of the sudden. :(

My case was closed on Dec 7th, and I am positive to get an interview date in Jan. :)

The fact is that, even they are shifting Chennai IV to Mumbai, but they claimed to have 4x more capacity. Thats mean, they can process the application more faster.

[/quote

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My case was complete on October 27th and I still have not received an interview date. :(

It seems everything slowed down all of the sudden. :(

Dont worry! :) Hope and pray that we all get the chance to get an interview date in Jan.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi ,

Below is the link for Mumbai Consulate website. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ . You can check the Interview dates as below :

Visas to US ---- Immigrant Visa--- Interview Appointment Schedule (Found on left hand side)

The dates are usually put around 15 of previous month . So, for jan it should be out by next week.

Hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ur case is over?

Hi ,

Below is the link for Mumbai Consulate website. http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ . You can check the Interview dates as below :

Visas to US ---- Immigrant Visa--- Interview Appointment Schedule (Found on left hand side)

The dates are usually put around 15 of previous month . So, for jan it should be out by next week.

Hope this helps.

Ur case over?

God is Good All The Time

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I doubt you will get in for Jan. My case closed in Oct and I am still waiting for a date, and with Chennai visas moving to Mumbai (+ the backlog due to holiday and shifting of consulate in Mumbai) it's going to be a long waiting game.

I was following other forum and observed that chennai candidates are getting new case numbers with a new case complete date.

Meaning if your chennai case is completed on Oct 27 and then your case is transferred to BMB , then the new case complete date is starting

from Dec.

So question is weather they will give appointments based on original case complete or new case complete date.

If later is the case then Original BMB candidates will have advantage. Lets see how it goes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

My NVC Case complete on Nov-15-2011. Still waiting for Appointment date at Mumbai Consulate.

Please post here if you have already have the Jan 2012 appointment date at Mumbai Consulate.

Ragards

Roars

You will get the lists on website on 15 Dec,they update mid of every month!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Don't take that for granted just yet. Did you see how many F-2 visa's were put out for this last month? Almost 4-1 ratio there. Chennai has A LOT of applicants as well...so it's going to be interesting how efficient the 40 windows will be...

The main reason for the consulate expansion was not for marriage or family visa's. It's for the increasing need of diplomatic services for Americans in India. :)

It's too soon to really say what is going to be the normal pattern of scheduling now...I wish you all get quick interview dates though. :)

Edited by Dave and Kinnari

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

HI,

Does anyone knw how much does it cost for the medicals at Mumbai ? Thanks,

My wife got her's done in Ahmadabad and it cost around 1000₹ and she only had 2 immunizations. I suggest having at least 5000₹ just in case you have to get any immunizations or additional treatments if you do test positive for TB etc.

I was following other forum and observed that chennai candidates are getting new case numbers with a new case complete date.

Meaning if your chennai case is completed on Oct 27 and then your case is transferred to BMB , then the new case complete date is starting

from Dec.

So question is weather they will give appointments based on original case complete or new case complete date.

If later is the case then Original BMB candidates will have advantage. Lets see how it goes.

Most likely on the new case complete date.

Edited by Dave and Kinnari

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

r

My wife got her's done in Ahmadabad and it cost around 1000₹ and she only had 2 immunizations. I suggest having at least 5000₹ just in case you have to get any immunizations or additional treatments if you do test positive for TB etc.

Most likely on the new case complete date.

January is just 20 days away, if haven't received the email yet, does it mean we are not on Jan Schedule?

There is no clarity from NVC. I always get there standard answer when I call them.

This is frustrating!!!!

Filed: Timeline

January is just 20 days away, if haven't received the email yet, does it mean we are not on Jan Schedule?

There is no clarity from NVC. I always get there standard answer when I call them.

This is frustrating!!!!

The Intervire list for Jan 2012 at Mumbai consulate is out. Please find as below :

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.