nicky&imad

just another silly question....

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone and hope you are all doing well. My fiance is from Morocco and this month I will be filing for his K-1 petition. I just have a silly question.... I am going to front load it to be sure we have a chance. I heard it's a good idea to send proof of relationship before the actual interview and then I can send more after we are accepted and ready for the interview.. soooo my question is, when i send our yahoo, skype and msn chats, do I have to send the whole conversation or just parts of it??? If I did that, It would be hours worth from just one day, lol. And also, is it ok to send screen shots of facebook and pics of us talking on skype and him waving to my parents? I want them to know my parents accept him. Thank you for all your help and answers

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone and hope you are all doing well. My fiance is from Morocco and this month I will be filing for his K-1 petition. I just have a silly question.... I am going to front load it to be sure we have a chance. I heard it's a good idea to send proof of relationship before the actual interview and then I can send more after we are accepted and ready for the interview.. soooo my question is, when i send our yahoo, skype and msn chats, do I have to send the whole conversation or just parts of it??? If I did that, It would be hours worth from just one day, lol. And also, is it ok to send screen shots of facebook and pics of us talking on skype and him waving to my parents? I want them to know my parents accept him. Thank you for all your help and answers

Pick and choose what you are going to send, and you can edit things out. Don't overwhelm them, just give examples to prove your point.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Pick and choose what you are going to send, and you can edit things out. Don't overwhelm them, just give examples to prove your point.

OK, thank you very much, I don't want to scare them so I will only send bits of our conversations, lol We have been talking together now for 2 years this month, so I have alot. I thought maybe some from the beginning, middle and up to now. thx again

Timeline

You're welcome :)

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Timeline

I gave them only parts we spoke twice a day early morning and evening so I gave them only parts of the either morning or evening and staggered one conversation per week with that alone I had a binder full. They like to see when you met, when he professed his love (not too early) and when he proposed. Red flag goes up if these things happen too soon. No messages with arguements and especially about religion also red flags. I got that advice from friends who got denied for those reasons. Good luck,

Edited by MIBEN

Timeline

I gave them only parts we spoke twice a day early morning and evening so I gave them only parts of the either morning or evening and staggered one conversation per week with that alone I had a binder full. They like to see when you met, when he professed his love (not too early) and when he proposed. Red flag goes up if these things happen too soon. No messages with arguements and especially about religion also red flags. I got that advice from friends who got denied for those reasons. Good luck,

OK, I will certainly keep that in mind, thx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I ONLY GAVE THE BASICS WHEN WE FILED, I THINK DEPPENDING IT WILL ONLY ISSUE A RED FLAG IF YOU FRONT LOAD.. THATS WHAT I THINK...:) BEST OF LUCK!!

Filed: Timeline

The question is to front load or not. Since it is a K-1 it is a easy visa. You only need the basics for this visa, like emails, snail mail, chats maybe some written statements form friends and family. Now if you 2 were married that would be a different story I would front load that thing like none other. If for any reason they think they need more evidence they will request it. But K-1 are pretty simple... But that does not mean the interview is to simple. Ohh and make sure you have pictures.

This is true, front loading can actually flag you. By making them think are you are trying to over state certain things. Send bascis unless they request for more. RFE's are dreaded but they have them for a reason. Most times it is the marriages that get the most RFE's.

I ONLY GAVE THE BASICS WHEN WE FILED, I THINK DEPPENDING IT WILL ONLY ISSUE A RED FLAG IF YOU FRONT LOAD.. THATS WHAT I THINK...:) BEST OF LUCK!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'd emphasize quality over quantity, personally. If you have some evidence that you really want to make sure the CO sees, include it. If you have red flags and you feel like you have evidence that does a good job of addressing those red flags, include that. I question sometimes how much front loading really helps, or whether it's appropriate in all situations. I mean, probably 90% of the long distance couples have thousands of pages of chats and emails and phone bills and hundreds of photos from their trips, right? I do think that affidavits are valuable, especially from your side of the family or from your friends.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! (F)

Affidavits from your parents seem to be really important to them.

I'd emphasize quality over quantity, personally. If you have some evidence that you really want to make sure the CO sees, include it. If you have red flags and you feel like you have evidence that does a good job of addressing those red flags, include that. I question sometimes how much front loading really helps, or whether it's appropriate in all situations. I mean, probably 90% of the long distance couples have thousands of pages of chats and emails and phone bills and hundreds of photos from their trips, right? I do think that affidavits are valuable, especially from your side of the family or from your friends.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! (F)

Timeline

I didn't provide any personal emails, chats or screen shots in my initial petition. I only provided samples of about 10 pages of phone logs from three different time periods to show that I called him daily. The other proofs were boarding passes, etcetera, and a 3/4 page letter of our relationship, pretty matter of fact. I have never met his family and he barely has ever talked to mine - only perhaps about one minute with my sister one time and to say 'hi' to my dad, so I didn't bring these things up either. I mean, for most of the time, I have lived in totally different states than my family. He did ask him at the interview about my siblings, but I don't know that they had any information about them at all - so he just told him their names and their professions.

They didn't even look at the evidence, including screen shots that I gave to Imad to show at the interview and the interviewer even showed him that yes, they already had all of our proofs. We had some red flags (his father not accepting us to get married, I have children and there is an age difference), but these factors didn't seem to play into it, except that they asked why we didn't get married and he told them the truth about that.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.