morocco4ever

Reschedule Interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am in quite a state right now. As many of you know our petition has been reaffirmed, and soon should go back to Casa to schedule an interview.

Many many of women that know about the returned petitions have stated that it is ultra important to be there for the second interview, even if you can't go in.

Now for my dilema. I am an accountant, and we are now approaching our quarter end. I am also involved heavily on our asset purchase, and have a major part in bulk buys. One more thing, Year end is also approaching quickly.

This, on top of the fact that I just returned from almost 4 weeks in Morocco has me concerned, now that his interview could be approaching soon. I have discussed with my manager the possibility that I might need a few days off for this interview, and as I suspected he said that it absolutely couldn't be during the critical times stated above. It is not easy finding a job like I have now, so I would be insane to take any chances with it, but what if they schedule the interview at one of this crucial times?

I doubt very much the consulate will be pleased if we reschedule so I can be there, since I won't be allowed in. But then again, if my husband gets another 221g, even if it is only for AP, he will go balistic! I tried to explain the possiblity to him but it just isn't registering....he emotionally can not handle another set back. I know if I was there with him, if he did get another 221g, I could calm him and he would be okay.

I guess I shouldn't be stressing so much since I don't even know the interview date as of yet, but I have to be realistic.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on this? I know ultimately the choice will have to be between me and my husband, but I would love to hear some input on this.

Thanks!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline

The only realistic and practical option is for him to go by himself, since you're not allowed in anyway. Rescheduling seems silly, especially since you're not allowed in anyway. Rescheduling because your husband can't handle a setback (life is full of them) is sillier still... and quite revealing. Let him handle this himself, see how he handles stress. If he can't, it's time he learned.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. Impatience like that is very telling. I'd be worried if my husband flipped out over something like that.

The only realistic and practical option is for him to go by himself, since you're not allowed in anyway. Rescheduling seems silly, especially since you're not allowed in anyway. Rescheduling because your husband can't handle a setback (life is full of them) is sillier still... and quite revealing. Let him handle this himself, see how he handles stress. If he can't, it's time he learned.

Timeline
Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. Impatience like that is very telling. I'd be worried if my husband flipped out over something like that.

I understand your comments, and it makes total sense if this was our first go around on this, but you really don't know our entire story here. We have been through the wringer with immigration, and my husband is ready to give up and have me move there. He doesn't trust the government to be fair anymore, and frankly neither do I. On the other hand I can't fathom the idea of leaving my family behind.

Of course all thoughts are greatly appreciated, please keep them coming.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Right I can see your point if you've gone round and round with immigration. It's just that my husband is a VERY patient man so I couldn't see him getting upset even over that. When it comes to the visa process he's very patient. I think because I'm so impatient and I get upset so he doesn't want to upset me further.

I hope it works out for you this time around inshallah.

We have been through the wringer with immigration, and my husband is ready to give up and have me move there. He doesn't trust the government to be fair anymore, and frankly neither do I.

I don't blame you. But I'll tell you this, any Arab male who wishes to immigrate to the US in this day and age better be ready for a lot of frustration and a lot of stress. Factors completely unrelated to you and your husband created these conditions, but the conditions are what they are. If you don't want to move away from your family and don't want to quit your job, then the only reasonable and practical thing your husband can do is learn to cope. If any of those assumptions change, then maybe he won't have to. But with the conditions you've placed, he has no other choice.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
Right I can see your point if you've gone round and round with immigration. It's just that my husband is a VERY patient man so I couldn't see him getting upset even over that. When it comes to the visa process he's very patient. I think because I'm so impatient and I get upset so he doesn't want to upset me further.

I hope it works out for you this time around inshallah.

It sounds like you have a really nice balance with your husband. That is great! I do find that when I am depressed about the process he is the one calming me and telling me not to worry, we will be together forever soon, and then we switch...lol

Thanks for your vote of support, I do believe this time around will be the winner, but realistically an AP/AR is highly likely. I am sure if that happens he will do as usual. Get upset for a day, then come back fighting. Its the day of torture that drives me insane...lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here is what I think.

I know you have been away from your husband for so long and the most important thing to you two is to be together.

I can tell you what I would do at least if I were in your situation. I would go to the interview. I would also make a list of pros and cons of going so that you can see it clearly in front of you. I know you have a great job, but I also know that having your husband here is more important and havng a great job with no husband here is not a good tradeoff. (for me at least). If you go and your boss fires you then would you be able to get a job somewhere else for a while? Some people might say there is no point since you can't go in, but you're right about those who went for the second interview- it's crucial. I personally am glad I went to the interview because my fiance was really nervous and it gave us a chance to make sure everything was in order and to go over questions etc. I decided to go 2 days before I left and was only there for 6 days but it was worth it to us because we didn't want to give them a chance to deny us. I also sent him in with my passport so she knew I was there.

Ok I'll stop now but I know how important this is to you and I personally would go.

Good luck and congrats again on being reaffirmed.

Sarah

I hope that you're not too torn and that whatever you choose that everything works out in the end. I can't imagine how much you have been through and I just don't want you to regret anything along the way. I wish you guys the best in the interview and keep us posted!

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You don't have to make any decisions until you know when the interview is. I personally owuld try not to worry before I had to. It's possible that your interview will be scheduled at a time when you're able to get time off of work.

You're really just weighing the different risks here. I think I personally would not risk my job over something that is probably not necessary. But on the other hand, if he does run into more problems, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't go.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
You don't have to make any decisions until you know when the interview is. I personally owuld try not to worry before I had to. It's possible that your interview will be scheduled at a time when you're able to get time off of work.

You're really just weighing the different risks here. I think I personally would not risk my job over something that is probably not necessary. But on the other hand, if he does run into more problems, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't go.

That's what I'm saying- if you don't go and he runs into problems you will regret not going.

It really is a tough call with your job, but this is his second chance.

Good luck with your decision!

I remember last year someone had to reschedule and I think I remember that it went smoothly, just caused a little bit of delay.

I understand completely how you feel since my job is the best I will find in the area I'm in and wouldn't want to lose it for anything and we have times like that too. I also understand how important it is for you to be there, based on what I've seen in this forum in the past year and a half. If I was in your shoes I would definitely reschedule if necessary rather than not be there or risk losing my job.

I've sent a message to one person I think rescheduled to see if it was her and if so I will ask her to post here to help you with the details on how it worked and how she did it.

Timeline

No matter what...DO NOT let him go to that interview alone, you know you NEED to be there to be available for anything they can throw at you. Alot of the people who have posted here to let him go alone do not know the background of this consulate or how they handle reaffirmed returned petitions like you and I know.

Honestly, I would rather see you reschedule this interview than not be there. I know the track record of possibly having as little notice as 1 week or even less....which by the way is an insane way to schedule an interview, but it has happened.

I do not know of anyone who was reaffirmed then rescheduled the interview, but if you recall...the one woman we know about who did not go to her husband's interview after reaffirmation was returned again...visa denied. After everything you have been through, I do not want to see this happen to you, I can't take it. Now, I do know of couples who have rescheduled the initial interview...meshi mushkil. They were even allowed to pick the date for that and it was not a huge delay. Even if the worst is a delay...much better than the alternative if you ask me.

It would be good to know exactly where in the process you were before the first interview. Was the first interview for the K3 and you were still waiting on the CR1? Which was returned...the K3 or CR1? I think it might be a good idea to try and figure out if the NVC is or could be waiting to receive payment for processing the affidavit of support for the CR1, which does take much longer than the K3.

If you recall, our sister Fatima thought they would be processing the CR1 and would be waiting much longer...they actually processed the K3 and he is now home with her where he belongs.

I would much rather see you reschedule this...if you have to than to not be there. Your chances of giving them a reason to return it again are much less than if you were not there.

Try not to worry about it alot (I know easier said than done) because you don't know the date yet, but do try to have a plan in mind in the event it conflicts with your job.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline
No matter what...DO NOT let him go to that interview alone, you know you NEED to be there to be available for anything they can throw at you. Alot of the people who have posted here to let him go alone do not know the background of this consulate or how they handle reaffirmed returned petitions like you and I know.

Honestly, I would rather see you reschedule this interview than not be there. I know the track record of possibly having as little notice as 1 week or even less....which by the way is an insane way to schedule an interview, but it has happened.

I do not know of anyone who was reaffirmed then rescheduled the interview, but if you recall...the one woman we know about who did not go to her husband's interview after reaffirmation was returned again...visa denied. After everything you have been through, I do not want to see this happen to you, I can't take it. Now, I do know of couples who have rescheduled the initial interview...meshi mushkil. They were even allowed to pick the date for that and it was not a huge delay. Even if the worst is a delay...much better than the alternative if you ask me.

It would be good to know exactly where in the process you were before the first interview. Was the first interview for the K3 and you were still waiting on the CR1? Which was returned...the K3 or CR1? I think it might be a good idea to try and figure out if the NVC is or could be waiting to receive payment for processing the affidavit of support for the CR1, which does take much longer than the K3.

If you recall, our sister Fatima thought they would be processing the CR1 and would be waiting much longer...they actually processed the K3 and he is now home with her where he belongs.

I would much rather see you reschedule this...if you have to than to not be there. Your chances of giving them a reason to return it again are much less than if you were not there.

Try not to worry about it alot (I know easier said than done) because you don't know the date yet, but do try to have a plan in mind in the event it conflicts with your job.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

You know Kiyah why I am stressing so bad about this. I plan on being there if humanly possible, but what would they say if I say I want it rescheduled so I can be there? But your right, having it sent back a second time would send us both over the edge.

The interview where he was denied was for the CR1 visa, so all of the processing at the NVC is completed. From what the State Department has told me the petition will make a brief stop at the NVC and then straight onto the consulate. I am well aware that interviews at times had been scheduled in 1 week, which is why I am addressing it now rather than waiting for the actual day. I really need all of my plans ready just in case. If the interview is mid October to late November I think I can pull it off. Anything other than that I will have to balance it with my calendar and possibly reschedule.

Thanks all for your input.

Timeline

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

You know Kiyah why I am stressing so bad about this. I plan on being there if humanly possible, but what would they say if I say I want it rescheduled so I can be there? But your right, having it sent back a second time would send us both over the edge.

The interview where he was denied was for the CR1 visa, so all of the processing at the NVC is completed. From what the State Department has told me the petition will make a brief stop at the NVC and then straight onto the consulate. I am well aware that interviews at times had been scheduled in 1 week, which is why I am addressing it now rather than waiting for the actual day. I really need all of my plans ready just in case. If the interview is mid October to late November I think I can pull it off. Anything other than that I will have to balance it with my calendar and possibly reschedule.

Thanks all for your input.

Yes...I really do know why you are stressing, and I would be too. After I posted...'try not to worry', I thought who the hell am I kidding? After everything we both have been through, I would be feeling the same way as you definitely.

It sounds like the DOS could very well be right. A brief stop at the NVC then on to the consulate...especially if you have already gone through the CR1 NVC processing stuff. Given where you were in the process before the return, I really think that this is going to happen way before late November...seriously.

I do know that I would be checking with the DOS and NVC on a daily basis to see if I can track it...I'm not sure if it s the CSC or the NVC sending everything in, but the consulate will get the reaffirmed file along with the additional evidence (physically) you sent in for the reaffirmation. It would be good to know if the NVC has received the reaffirmed petition yet.

I could almost swear it was less than 10 weeks from reaffirmation to interview date for Fatima and her husband, it really was quick...I will have to ask her tonight. I do think they had at least 11 or 14 days notice. I will try to get more information, maybe it will help.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.