VJwith Love

VERY DEPRESSED BADLY NEED HELP

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am new here and this site was just being referred to me by a friend who said that this site has been very helpful to them on their visa process.

So I guess, I just need to say my story.

My fiancee and I met online and been in a relationship for 1 year and 6months. During my interview, the consul even said that he is convinced with our relationship except that my fiancee has a low income. So i was given a 221g. He is a part time worker for the year 2010 because he is a student. He went to school on and off last year. SO his 2010 ITR reflected a 6,000+ income for 2010 that is because he only started working in November last year. But it was stated in his employment letter that since 1st of august he was hired full time and is earning 500/week meaning 2000/month and since that letter was written on August of this year it also said that since then he has been paid a total of 13,300. Now the consul refused us under public charge act but can be overcome when presented with sustained income. I know for a fact this includes, bank statements, properties or assets under his name and all. Here's the problem with his bank statements, since they are paid half check and half cash, so only half goes thru the bank which means reflect a small amount of balance in his bank statements because he has all the half of it in cash with him. He only have 9,700 in his bank and the 8000 in cash with him. And i don't think it will be a good idea to present it to the consul. I told him to ask for an updated employment letter, which by now instead of the previous 13,300, he will have 21,300 which is enough as it was shown in poverty guidelines. But he said, his employer might not allow it because it reflects too much of a salary and might get her investigated and lose her business. Now, I'm left with nothing anymore to think of how to overcome the public charge finding by the CO.

I'm hoping someone out there can shed me a light somehow in this really dark times.

God bless us all.

Timeline

Were you asked to come back and bring something?

You are already given 221g form so just wait and see.

I heard they do not allow co-sponsor for K-1 but it may depend.

If you are denied, either retry when he got enough income or get married here, apply for CR-1 which is for spousal visa/ get co sponsor..

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Were you asked to come back and bring something?

You are already given 221g form so just wait and see.

I heard they do not allow co-sponsor for K-1 but it may depend.

If you are denied, either retry when he got enough income or get married here, apply for CR-1 which is for spousal visa/ get co sponsor..

it just said to send the 221g letter to 2go along with the documents we can gather and my passport.

Timeline

it just said to send the 221g letter to 2go along with the documents we can gather and my passport.

Then just do it.

221g form means your application is CASES UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING- click here

Just wait and see.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Then just do it. 221g form means your application is CASES UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING- click here

but my problem is I don't know how else to overcome the public charge finding knowing all those facts from my fiancee. is there anyway else that we can get to give to the co as support of our application?

Filed: Timeline

Since he is a student, see if his parents will be cosponsors. USEM has been known to accept cosponsors when the petitioner is a student.

Why is the employer paying him partially in cash? Is he reporting all his income? If not, that may be a problem later on in the process. This would be a good time for him to get his taxes straight, if that is the case, before you get married.

Timeline

Insurance papers, pay stubs, mortage if there's any?

He is receiving pay checks since he is an independent worker..and he is receiving $500 weekly of pay checks...which is 2000/month..which if in a year will be 28,800....but i dont think they look at it like that :(

Filed: Timeline

he only have car insurance and no mortgages..

can i only ask the parents?..who other else can be a co sponsor if ever?

The closer the relation, the better chance the cosponsor will be approved. It is still a long shot, but I have seen it happen.

Timeline

The closer the relation, the better chance the cosponsor will be approved. It is still a long shot, but I have seen it happen.

thank you...but his mom is only making 27,700...I don't think it is enough :(

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

oops, i got it wrong..it is actually a visa refused under section 212a(4) public charge finding...I'm sorry..so How else can we overcome the finding?

Get married and start the process over with a CR-1. The CR-1 does not have the income requirements attached to it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

oops, i got it wrong..it is actually a visa refused under section 212a(4) public charge finding...I'm sorry..so How else can we overcome the finding?

Then that means you already got your final answer.

Like what I said earlier, either retry once his income is enough or apply for CR-1 spouse.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Get married and start the process over with a CR-1. The CR-1 does not have the income requirements attached to it.

wow..i see you are from tucson, my fiancee is also from there...:) we are still looking at the factors of me as a nurse, and he is actually currently working and we are both young..factors considered in this public charge finding..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.