BestDaku

Missing Passport Clerance

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have my Package IV with DS 230 ready to send except I'm waiting on Passport Clerance report from my wife which seems to be taking longer then anticipated. I have all other required documents along with Police Clerance. Should I send in all the documents or is it better to wait for the Passport Clerance? Any suggestions and thoughts are much Appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have my Package IV with DS 230 ready to send except I'm waiting on Passport Clerance report from my wife which seems to be taking longer then anticipated. I have all other required documents along with Police Clerance. Should I send in all the documents or is it better to wait for the Passport Clerance? Any suggestions and thoughts are much Appreciated.

If you send the package without PC now, you will get REF from NVC, asking for passport clearance. This can lead to more waiting in NVC stage.

I would recommend to wait and send all the papers together one time. You can focus your energy on getting passport clearance certificate.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deep2009

Timeline

Thank you for the reply :)

I was thinking maybe they would wait and my wife could take it in during the interview. It's taking a long time for her to get it. It's been a month since she requested the PC

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thank you for the reply :)

I was thinking maybe they would wait and my wife could take it in during the interview. It's taking a long time for her to get it. It's been a month since she requested the PC

I agree that you should wait and send it all in at once. This is what I did.

I see that your consulate is New Delhi...which is the same as my wife. I was in a similar situation as you are as I was ready to send the packet in middle of October. My wife didn't get her PCC from the passport office until middle of November and then DHL'd it to me. I sent it altogether 11/21/2011 and it was approved and the case closed on 11/25. So, it seems that at least the NVC review stage is going pretty fast right now.

Has the police already done the inquiry? After the inquiry, the report goes to an office (SDM?-sub district magistrate?-this may be a different office for your wife according to where she lives) and then when it is cleared from there it can be picked up at the passport seva kendra (PSK) office. My wife went to this (SDM) office and inquired about when it could be sent to the PSK and it helped rush things about a week. She was told when it was finally sent the next day and the following day after that she went to the PSK to collect the PCC and get her passport stamped. Sometimes the online portal is not updated right away so if you find out that the PCC report has left the 'SDM' office then you may be able to pick it up before the online portal is updated. Hope our experience helps a lil'...hang in there, dost.

Timeline

Well she has the police clearance. Which was done by the district police station. But her passport has not been returned by the passport office. I'm having my wife call the Passport office tomorrow to see the status.

Thank you Steven, I'll just wait till we have that in hand.

Timeline

Well she has the police clearance. Which was done by the district police station. But her passport has not been returned by the passport office. I'm having my wife call the Passport office tomorrow to see the status.

Thank you Steven, I'll just wait till we have that in hand.

I mistakenly got her district PCC done as well which is not required. But I do have a question...why does the passport office have her passport? Was she having her name updated/your name inserted as husband?

Timeline

No update on the name. When she had the paperwork done for the passport clearance they asked for the passport. Apparently they stamp the passport for clearance, she has the police report from the district office

Timeline

Looking at the cover letter here on VJ it says

1) Police Clearance - which I already have

2) Passport Office Police Certificate - this I don't have

Oh, ok. I called NVC when I was gathering my documents and they told me not to send the local PCC (for New Delhi U.S. Consulate) and just send the Passport Office PCC which I did. Actually, the RPO (regional passport office) goes through the local police station for inquiry of the spouse and then they also do their own further secret inquiry of the spouse. This makes the RPO PCC cover everything the local PCC would and then some more.

Also, if you go to the NVC website:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215

- select India as our country from the drop down menu

- scroll down to Police Records and it states,

"All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India,

should obtain police certificates from the local Passport Office."

Try and give NVC a call and let us know what you hear. (603) 334-0700

My only question would be, would the US Consulate in New Delhi ask for the local district PCC during the interview?...I doubt it but any replies would help clarify this.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Oh, ok. I called NVC when I was gathering my documents and they told me not to send the local PCC (for New Delhi U.S. Consulate) and just send the Passport Office PCC which I did. Actually, the RPO (regional passport office) goes through the local police station for inquiry of the spouse and then they also do their own further secret inquiry of the spouse. This makes the RPO PCC cover everything the local PCC would and then some more.

Also, if you go to the NVC website:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215

- select India as our country from the drop down menu

- scroll down to Police Records and it states,

"All Indian IV applicants aged 16 and above, residing in India,

should obtain police certificates from the local Passport Office."

Try and give NVC a call and let us know what you hear. (603) 334-0700

My only question would be, would the US Consulate in New Delhi ask for the local district PCC during the interview?...I doubt it but any replies would help clarify this.

Here it is -

1. They can ask for it at the NWD embassy (VFS office can also ask for it to complete the file), if you have it, just keep it... We were asked all of it during VFS document submission...

2. RPO does its own clearance that is done at some central office... There is one CD made by the central office that will be come back to Police Chief and then to RPO office...

3. RPO will keep passport and once all the documents received by them, they will stamp the passport (Police clearance given to applicant on this day".....) and they will provide you 2 copies of the clearance certificate...

The certificate text is written like double negative english, don't worry... if you see it as a whole text, it is good.

"There is nothing adverse information against name... s/o d/o or w/o name... the holder of Indian passport no... issued on ... which would render his/her ineligible for grant of travel facilites including visa for UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"

I hope I have answered your question/concerns... Please respond if you need additional information.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I think for India now it is ok to carry the passport clearance document during the interview. She can double check with consulate on that.

I know this is true for Mumbai Consulate not sure about the others.

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.