monkeyjuice5150

what happen when you don't get a foreign police certificate?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Wife is from Vietnam, getting her visa to the USA. She appealed, and applied for the a certificate of clearance for Singapore. Singapore COC department cannot find her package, with her forms, finger prints, bank draft, and passport info etc all in one.

She is scheduled to interview on Dec, 1, 2011. This would be her 2nd interview.

So now she's missing this COC only, I would need to write an explanation to why she didn't get one in time. Does the US consulate really require you to get one to pass?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wife is from Vietnam, getting her visa to the USA. She appealed, and applied for the a certificate of clearance for Singapore. Singapore COC department cannot find her package, with her forms, finger prints, bank draft, and passport info etc all in one.

She is scheduled to interview on Dec, 1, 2011. This would be her 2nd interview.

So now she's missing this COC only, I would need to write an explanation to why she didn't get one in time. Does the US consulate really require you to get one to pass?

Second interview? That is not typical. Is Dec 1st the deadline for submitting requested documents? If so, there is no additional interview.

She would need to submit some sort of proof that the officials in Singapore cannot produce the report. A statement from you will not be sufficient.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Second interview? That is not typical. Is Dec 1st the deadline for submitting requested documents? If so, there is no additional interview.

She would need to submit some sort of proof that the officials in Singapore cannot produce the report. A statement from you will not be sufficient.

First interview was on Oct 27, she got a blue statement, stating the requirement, sworn and notarized to be have on Dec 1st.

-Petitioner 10 year residency < got that

-Petitioner relationship timeline < got that

-Beneficiary 10 year residency < got that

-Beneficiary Singapore Police certificate (Certificate of Clearance) < Did not get that in time.

Fine print on bottom states, if certain document cannot be produced, please itemize and state an explanation.

I guess I can attach the emails I've been exchanging with the Singapore COC with my explanation? I'm guessing, they're just going to give her another blue slip again?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First interview was on Oct 27, she got a blue statement, stating the requirement, sworn and notarized to be have on Dec 1st.

-Petitioner 10 year residency < got that

-Petitioner relationship timeline < got that

-Beneficiary 10 year residency < got that

-Beneficiary Singapore Police certificate (Certificate of Clearance) < Did not get that in time.

Fine print on bottom states, if certain document cannot be produced, please itemize and state an explanation.

I guess I can attach the emails I've been exchanging with the Singapore COC with my explanation? I'm guessing, they're just going to give her another blue slip again?

No, if the requested items are not supplied, or acceptable reason for missing document is not supplied then the case will be denied. No second blue slip.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

No, if the requested items are not supplied, or acceptable reason for missing document is not supplied then the case will be denied. No second blue slip.

But I can appeal.

I was thinking, turn in the other stuff, and ask for an extension for COC to be produced. This would be playing it safe correct? Singapore mail the COC directly to the US Consulate. Since they're an english speaking country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so a little update.

Singapore has finally shipped out the Certificate on December 21, 2011.

Today is the 3rd of January. I also gave it a lead way for shipment arrival and the holidays before having my wife go back to the US Consulate to check up on the status, if they got the certificate or not. I also emailed the Consulate on the 21st and 29th of December. Till this day, I have yet to receieve a responds back.

Today, I also had my wife go in the morning, and see if they can pull records on her case. Front reception said there is no way for them to tell if they got it or not. (propbably them being lazy and not wanting to go to the back office and check.) As they get like 100-200 people per day.

So I told my wife to talk to a higher supervisor, which she said she can't, but I think she is just too scare to do so. Last time she tried doing that, the front reception desk threw back her other paperwork and told her to come back when she gets the certificate.

I think its BS on both her and them. I'll be over there on Feb, 10th for Valentine. She said it would be easier for me to just walk right through. But I'm pretty sure there is a way of checking the computer system if they have receive it or not?

What to do?

Edited by monkeyjuice5150

Update.

So on the 4th, I did a little research on how to get a hold of an consulate officer the quickest way possible. I was clicking around on the embassy site to find a contact number I can call. They listed a number that I called, but no one picked up. So I found another number, called that and a Vietnamese lady picked up. She had an accent, but spoke perfectly fine that I could understand. But she was just only an receptionist. Told me to sent in a email if I have any questions/inquiry and wait for about 10 business days for a reply. Well that didn't do me any good. Time is money for me.

While still clicking around the embassy site, I found a fax cover letter sheet. I'm thinking to myself, faxing is probably the fastest and probably the most noticeable way of getting an officer attention than an email. They're probably so busy, that they don't have the time to check inquiry emails till near the end of the day and by then the day is over. They don't have time to shuffle through paperwork. A fax would be the ideal, since they probably expect other things coming through and is easy to spot. So I filled out the fax sheet, scan it, and emailed to my friend in VN(still on his work shift at a bank) whom then fax it to the Consulate. In about an hour in, I got a reply back to my email. They have received the police certificate 29th of Dec. and told me to have my wife come in the following day (5th) between the hr of 1-2pm to summit the other papers.

I informed my wife it is safe to go and summit the other requested items. She goes, and hand them all necessary paper work. Few mins later, they told her to summit 140,000 vn dong for EMS tracking for her VISA. WOOT WOOT. They gave her a white paper explaining about the VISA and not to open the brown packet. That is for the Custom and Boarder to open. Gave her the EMS tracking sheet, about 2 weeks for arrival.

So, should I take a gamble and purchase a ticket for her now? Even though she does not have the VISA in hand yet. I would like her to fly back with me on my return flight. Feb 19th.

Right now, the ticket is about 1100, but 2 or 3 weeks in, it'll be more expensive, around 2k. Hmm.. what to do.. what to do..

Oh btw, besides the VISA packet, any other special requirement she has to do to make sure that she gets to go pass customs in VN?

Thanks for reading!! lol

Edited by monkeyjuice5150

congrats!!

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Update.

So on the 4th, I did a little research on how to get a hold of an consulate officer the quickest way possible. I was clicking around on the embassy site to find a contact number I can call. They listed a number that I called, but no one picked up. So I found another number, called that and a Vietnamese lady picked up. She had an accent, but spoke perfectly fine that I could understand. But she was just only an receptionist. Told me to sent in a email if I have any questions/inquiry and wait for about 10 business days for a reply. Well that didn't do me any good. Time is money for me.

While still clicking around the embassy site, I found a fax cover letter sheet. I'm thinking to myself, faxing is probably the fastest and probably the most noticeable way of getting an officer attention than an email. They're probably so busy, that they don't have the time to check inquiry emails till near the end of the day and by then the day is over. They don't have time to shuffle through paperwork. A fax would be the ideal, since they probably expect other things coming through and is easy to spot. So I filled out the fax sheet, scan it, and emailed to my friend in VN(still on his work shift at a bank) whom then fax it to the Consulate. In about an hour in, I got a reply back to my email. They have received the police certificate 29th of Dec. and told me to have my wife come in the following day (5th) between the hr of 1-2pm to summit the other papers.

I informed my wife it is safe to go and summit the other requested items. She goes, and hand them all necessary paper work. Few mins later, they told her to summit 140,000 vn dong for EMS tracking for her VISA. WOOT WOOT. They gave her a white paper explaining about the VISA and not to open the brown packet. That is for the Custom and Boarder to open. Gave her the EMS tracking sheet, about 2 weeks for arrival.

So, should I take a gamble and purchase a ticket for her now? Even though she does not have the VISA in hand yet. I would like her to fly back with me on my return flight. Feb 19th.

Right now, the ticket is about 1100, but 2 or 3 weeks in, it'll be more expensive, around 2k. Hmm.. what to do.. what to do..

Oh btw, besides the VISA packet, any other special requirement she has to do to make sure that she gets to go pass customs in VN?

Thanks for reading!! lol

did you end up getting a ticket for her??

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Update.

Thanks for reading!! lol

Unless you can buy a refundable ticket, I would suggest you wait for the visa. Also, can you wait until after the Tet rush? The price should go down somewhat from th $200

With regards to the immigration, when she lands in the US, she just needs her passport with visa and the visa package. I did cr1, and they asked some questions and she had to fill out some form and get fingerprinted. Give some time extra at the airport for the paperwork processing.

• 2 weeks later...

did you end up getting a ticket for her??

I actually bought the ticket before she even received the VISA in hand. Price was shooting up too high, so I took the gamble. She did get her VISA after 6 days. They delivered on a Saturday.

Unless you can buy a refundable ticket, I would suggest you wait for the visa. Also, can you wait until after the Tet rush? The price should go down somewhat from th $200

With regards to the immigration, when she lands in the US, she just needs her passport with visa and the visa package. I did cr1, and they asked some questions and she had to fill out some form and get fingerprinted. Give some time extra at the airport for the paperwork processing.

Ahh good to know! Probably a quick process at the window.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.