edgarr8

Waiting for Visa after Interview.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

First of all I want to thank everyone for all the information that is provided here. it has made this whole process so much easier.

Now my question is, I got everything ready, but neither did my fiance or i get the invitation letter. I called and they said it was ok for me to go like that. I got my confirmation letter for the appointment so i'm thinking i'm covered on that part. Please let me know if i'm mistaken.

Now my main question is How many days after the interview does it take to get the Visa. I can have it sent back to where i'm from, but its easier to get it from Cuidad Juarez since im going to already be there. I just don't want to have to pay 10 days of hotel to wait there. I did set the shipping location of the visa to the DHL location in Cuidad Juarez.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, i'm just trying to figure out the cost of everything.

BTW her appointment is the 9th of december(a friday).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i was in ciudad juarez in september. i talked to a couple and they were there for almost 2 weeks before they recieved there packet. they also waited in ciudad juarez, paying for a room by one of my friends. only about 50 bucks a day. its cheaper then paying for a hotel.

May 2005- Met my husband

June 2005- Became a couple

September 2006- 1st son born

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

September 2010-Hired our Lawyer

October 15th 2010- Petition Sent in

December 2010- 1st daughter born

February 7th 2011- Petition Approved

August 3rd 2011- recieved our appointment

September 1st 2011- 1st appointment- denied, but approved for a waiver

November 14th 2011- 2nd appointment, turned in waiver

_ _ _ _ _ - Visa Approved (still waiting as of February 18th 2012)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

First of all I want to thank everyone for all the information that is provided here. it has made this whole process so much easier.

Now my question is, I got everything ready, but neither did my fiance or i get the invitation letter. I called and they said it was ok for me to go like that. I got my confirmation letter for the appointment so i'm thinking i'm covered on that part. Please let me know if i'm mistaken.

Now my main question is How many days after the interview does it take to get the Visa. I can have it sent back to where i'm from, but its easier to get it from Cuidad Juarez since im going to already be there. I just don't want to have to pay 10 days of hotel to wait there. I did set the shipping location of the visa to the DHL location in Cuidad Juarez.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, i'm just trying to figure out the cost of everything.

BTW her appointment is the 9th of december(a friday).

I had my interview on July this year and having the 'invitation lettter' from CDJ was a MUST! You will need it for the ASC, medical and the interview. It is always recommended to wait for it BEFORE scheduling the interview... Did you call Juarez to ask when did they mail it? I never got it in Mx but my fiance got it like 4 days after they mailed it in the US.

Also, I waited for the visa in Juarez and I REALLY regret it, I know some lucky people have gotten their visas a few days after interview but in my case I got it 1 week after the interview so I spent like 10 days total in Juarez paying hotel, restaurants and bored as hell. I only recommend waiting for the visa in juarez if you have a friend who you can stay with, otherwise I would not.

Edited by paojack

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Timeline

Thanks for your replies, But the packet 3 was sent since august 30, 2011, so by now i really lost faith that i will recieve it.

I have everything else printed out and im hoping to either get it printed at the window, which is something i have read here that can be done, or take all the documentation i have about the shceduled appointments and payments.

About the stay I am really discouraged, My fiancee is from Guanajuato, but depends what they say that day we will decide what to do, i guess...

Timeline

Well im here, and i have great news for anyone in my situation, I walked to the information window, and just with her name and my name for confirmation they printed it out. The window is opened from 7:30 to 1. since we arraved a day early, we are all ready for our interview tomorrow. BUt i had called the clinic, and they said they would give us time to go print it out, if we didnt have it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.