mapletree

Interview to Visa and CFO class dates

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have an interview on Dec 12. My fiancée lives in Bohol. I am planning to return to the USA on Dec. 23. We would like to go back to the USA together.

My concern is it will likely take 10+ days for the visa to get from Manila to Bohol.

It would seem to me the best option is after the interview to have the Visa waiting for us at the Embassy for pickup on the 19th or 20th, then do the CFO class on the 20-22 window and then we can fly out together on the 23rd.

For people familiar with this process, does this seem viable?

I am also wondering if the PRISM office on Taft will be open on the 20-22 time frame. Does anyone know?

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

she can take the cfo class before the interview as we did.then they issue a certificate of completion.then have interview.we stayed 3 nights at hotel across from us embassy manila and got passport delivered there to hotel.then wife went back to cfo with passport and got her stamp.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now if only I can find out if the CFO office is open that week. Their email bounced :(.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

she can take the cfo class before the interview as we did.then they issue a certificate of completion.then have interview.we stayed 3 nights at hotel across from us embassy manila and got passport delivered there to hotel.then wife went back to cfo with passport and got her stamp.

^^^ This is a good plan! Complete the CFO seminar before the interview. That way, all she has to do is get the sticker at the CFO main office as soon as she receives her visa. However, since it's so close to the holidays, I just hope they are open.

I don't know if the Embassy will still deliver to a hotel, but it's definitely worth a try. I would ask the consular officer. As a fallback position, I would have them deliver the visa packet to the nearest 2GO outlet. I don't know which one is closest to the Embassy, but there's one at the Mall of Asia. I wonder if there's one at Robinsons in Malate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.