aphrodite7

Looking for new friends in Sacramento

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's interesting, considering Filipinos are the largest Asian ethnic group in Sacramento County.

There are lots of Filipinos in and around Sacramento. Have you been to Seafood City?

Look into the Kapit Bahay Association located inside Seafood City.

You'll be able to find out about events (related to Filipinos) in the area.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I'll check that out. Thanks leatherneck. :)

Are you in Sacramento, West Sacramento, Elk Grove or Rancho Cordova, etc?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

Ok, you're just north of Sac., that's a decent area, you're only about 20 minutes from Sacramento on I-80. When there is no traffic of course.

Surely you've shopped along Sunrise, Greenback and San Juan. And still no Pinay friends yet?

Timeline

Well, you do have a point about the nobbiness, especially Fil-Am's that were born in the USA.

The more money they have and the bigger the house, the bigger the nob.

Have you been to mass since in your 3 months of living there.

Yeah. Actually I'm looking forward to attend the Saturday masses where the Filipinos gather and hear mass. Hopefully (fingers crossed), that they would be approachable.

Are you filipino? Just curious.

Timeline

No, mixed with other origins, but not Pinoy.

Have your husband drive you to Seafood City (click here) then shop for your groceries there or eat in one of the restaurants inside, that might give you an opportunity to meet a piany friend. Seafood city is filled with Filipinos and Chinese shoppers. Then go to the Hapit Bahay Association located inside of Seafood City, ask them about any upcoming local Filipino events.

The holidays are just around the corner, and you know filipinos love to eat, get-together or have a celebration for whatever reason. Surely you might be able to meet some decent Pinays at an event.

Still haven't been to Seafood city yet. But I've been to two different asian markets nearby. However, as what I've mentioned earlier, nobbiness is always the problem.

Still haven't been to Seafood city yet. But I've been to two different asian markets nearby. However, as what I've mentioned earlier, nobbiness is always the problem.

Timeline

Unfortunately, you will run into a few snobs as you seek friendship.

I think you'll enjoy the Seafood City experience, you might see the snobbiness there also.

Maybe the Sunday mass will be snob-free and you can meet a decent Pinay.

Keep seeking a friend here on VJ also.

Edited by Leatherneck

Timeline

Appreciate all your advices. And yup, I'll surely do that. Thanks a bunch! ;)

You bet Op, good luck and welcome to America!

Hi everyone,

Been here in Sacramento for about 3 months now and still haven't found any friends. Drop me a message if your interested.

Cheers!

Look for Patty Laxamana in FB if interested and request to be a friend. She just got here September 2 and we're in Fairfield. Maybe

you can at least chat with each other. She came on a K-1 visa and we just submitted her adjustment of status paperwork. She is

from Cotabato city but spent 20+ years in Manila.

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.