RS232

Background check

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I have a question that i hope you can help me.

I'm married about 6 years ago and my wife moved to US 10 months ago in order to apply for my green card. So she filed IR-1 for me (We have not applied for K3 visa). now i am in Iran and waiting for my Interview date in Abu Dhabi. i thought i can get my MBE and fly to US just after my interview but today i understood something that made me worry. I have heard that there is another background check for people who are from countries which are terrorism supporter. And the worst thing is that it may take up to 2 years! OMG! does it mean that i should wait Until i get answer of my administrative process and then fly to US?

I need to any kind of your information about it.

Thank you

Arash

IR-1

engaged: 12/2/1999

married: 10/4/2000

we decided to move to USA after about 5 years.

applied for I-130: 10/20/2005

I-130 approved : 2/27/2006

Case Compeleted in NVC: 6/24/2006

Inteview Date: 2/12/2007

visa in hand: 2/13/2007

POE Date: 3/13/2007

GC in hand: 4/5/2007

Separated: 4/18/2008

Applied for Divorce!: 7/4/2011

N-400 sent: 12/14/2011

Received Divorce evidence: 2/20/2012

Interview passed: 04/17/2012

Oath Ceremony: 06/20/2012

The End!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Arash,

You are correct that you will have to undergo more checks and get them cleared before they will issue the visa. Almost all men coming from T-countries have to endure longer AR/AP processing. If you have to submit ten fingerprints at the interview it means you have already had a name hit in one of the many data bases that they check. My husband was in AP for right at 5 months and it is total darkness with no updates on your case and a senator or congressman cannot push the checks any faster. Calm down, read and above all pray for your time to go by at a quick pace. Take care and only take your journey one day at a time.

Mary

Just a few links on checks. And the last one is very long and detailed so you must take and read it in parts.

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/OIG_06-06_Nov05.pdf

http://www.occ.treas.gov/corpbook/occforms...me%20check'

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/09G0500.PDF

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/Consular...ng_20050524.htm

Although there is no official list, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

[5] The “Terrible 7” refers to countries identified as state sponsors of terrorism, currently designated as Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan, North Korea, and Cuba. Some consular officials now refer to the list as the “T-6” countries, since Iraq is under “U.S. control,” but Iraqi nationals will still undergo extensive security checks.

from the wolfsdorf articles. Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Many thanks mary,

The links are so usefull and now i figured out what will be happened in AP. I have heard another thing today that seems very stupid thought. I've heard the first name of a person can effects on AP time maybe the number of matchs in their databases. Is it true or have you heard anything about that?

arash

IR-1

engaged: 12/2/1999

married: 10/4/2000

we decided to move to USA after about 5 years.

applied for I-130: 10/20/2005

I-130 approved : 2/27/2006

Case Compeleted in NVC: 6/24/2006

Inteview Date: 2/12/2007

visa in hand: 2/13/2007

POE Date: 3/13/2007

GC in hand: 4/5/2007

Separated: 4/18/2008

Applied for Divorce!: 7/4/2011

N-400 sent: 12/14/2011

Received Divorce evidence: 2/20/2012

Interview passed: 04/17/2012

Oath Ceremony: 06/20/2012

The End!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Many thanks mary,

The links are so usefull and now i figured out what will be happened in AP. I have heard another thing today that seems very stupid thought. I've heard the first name of a person can effects on AP time maybe the number of matchs in their databases. Is it true or have you heard anything about that?

arash

Yes Arash it does effect the name check. They run your name any way it can be spelled and then they have to check out any hits that may come from it. I will say no one can tell you how long your case will take each one has a different time from start to finish and if you do not set a certain date then you cannot be disappointed and it will not cause stresses between you and your wife. One thing is your marriage is over 2 years so you will be issued an IR that is good for 10 years and you will not have to lift conditions in a few years.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.