PaulnUsa

What is Your Favorite Airlines To Fly To Philippines?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is your Favorite Airline to Fly to Philippines and Why? Please list Airlines you have Flown from USA to Philippines and which was best value or most comfortable seats and most pleasant staff.

I personally have flown Delta, and Asiana.

Have to say Asiana blew Delta away. Seats where more comfortable, Food was much better, top shelf drinks and beer were free as well as much better and frequent meals. Very friendly helpful flight attendants. Only dislike was in JFK you have to get your bags and exit the airport then reenter and go though security again. But Asiana held the flight for us.

Would like to know others experiences and Airlines they like or dislike for flights form the USA to Philippines. Do you fly into Manila, Cebu or Clark?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you flown continental airlines or Japan airlines? What was your experience?

JAL gets :thumbs::thumbs: and :star::star::star::star:

(2/3 :thumbs: and 4/5 :star: )

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Personally I like Korean airlines. We can usually find good prices and they are constantly feeding you, so I am one happy camper.

Incheon is also a great airport for a layover and it allows us to avoid having to go through Manila. We fly straight into Cebu from Seoul.

Timeline

What is your Favorite Airline to Fly to Philippines and Why? Please list Airlines you have Flown from USA to Philippines and which was best value or most comfortable seats and most pleasant staff.

Have to say Asiana blew Delta away. Seats where more comfortable, Food was much better, top shelf drinks and beer were free as well as much better and frequent meals. Very friendly helpful flight attendants. Only dislike was in JFK you have to get your bags and exit the airport then reenter and go though security again. But Asiana held the flight for us.

Would like to know others experiences and Airlines they like or dislike for flights form the USA to Philippines. Do you fly into Manila, Cebu or Clark?

I tried Delta, Cathay Pacifc, and Korea Air.

Korea Air had better food and I actually like departing from Atlanta Airport. I don't like drinking during a flight, so I can't tell you anything about that.

Cathay Pacific had the better staff and service and comfortable seats. Although I didn't like going through JFK or Hong Kong Airport. Also, Cathay lost my luggage two times.

Delta it's not great, but I like it out of all the 3. Flights are cheaper, food is decent, seats are comfortable enough, and the flight plan usually was the shortest route so less time in the air. Also most of my frequent flyer miles are through Delta Skymiles. Some people had gripes about Detroit Airport but I always had good experiences there.

I flew to Manila.

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

I have flown EVA and PAL. Pal is ok, you usually arrive in Manila late morning which you need if continuing to another Phils city. Other airlines tend to arrive late (like Northwest) so if going on to say, Davao, you must spend the night in Manila. PAL service is fair/good but ticket prices are usually on the upper side of average.

EVA has better service than PAL, has the 777 which is a little more comfort than the PAL 747's. Down side is a 3-4 hour layover in Taiwan. Taiwan airport is easy to get around, most places except USD and free wifi in most public places. Costs for EVA are 350-450 USD less than PAL. If you decide to fly EVA, connect at San Fran, LAX can be a bear changing terminals.

Next trip we will take will be Delta from ATL to Inchon to Manila. Have had good reports from friends. Now Delta prices are some of the lowest. Hope they hold until March-April, our next trip to Davao.

Edited by gary9891

Timeline
PAL service is fair/good but ticket prices are usually on the upper side of average.

EVA has better service than PAL, has the 777 which is a little more comfort than the PAL 747's. Down side is a 3-4 hour layover in Taiwan.

Just don't try PAL now. They are going through huge transition now. They are firing thousands of employees and wants to turn to outsourcing and facing another 15 yr old legal issue.

Happy New Year!

I flew Asiana Airlines from Seatac to Seoul, Korea with a 2 or 3 hour layover, then on to Manila. The staff was very helpful, and the food was wonderful and constant. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. It was a very good experience. I joined their club and have almost 10,000 miles towards my next flight which I will enjoy immensely when I am able to take it.

Filed: Timeline

We flew PAL. The non-stop return to SF is great. The food is good. The planes are old, and stuff doesn't always work. The cabin crew tends to disappear for a while during the flight, to get some sleep, no doubt. Pilots are top notch.

With PAL, you can save the most money by buying online from their website.

Edited by Crusty Old Perv

Timeline

We flew PAL. The non-stop return to SF is great. The food is good. The planes are old, and stuff doesn't always work. The cabin crew tends to disappear for a while during the flight, to get some sleep, no doubt. Pilots are top notch.

With PAL, you can save the most money by buying online from their website.

I 2nd that! PAL is Great!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Personally I like Korean airlines. We can usually find good prices and they are constantly feeding you, so I am one happy camper.

Incheon is also a great airport for a layover and it allows us to avoid having to go through Manila. We fly straight into Cebu from Seoul.

I like KAL also! Great Airport! Incheon is a fabulous Airport! Ultra modern and I like those People movers! Just stand there and you move right along through the Airport looking at all the High Class Shops there! And for those that Smoke they have Smoking rooms.U pass by and the rooms are all glass and you wont see a sight of smoke anywhere cause of those high suction vacums they have in there! great Airport!

Edited by southcalhog

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I like KAL and ASIANA great service, good food and lots of adult beverages!

I like KAL also! Great Airport! Incheon is a fabulous Airport! Ultra modern and I like those People movers! Just stand there and you move right along through the Airport looking at all the High Class Shops there! And for those that Smoke they have Smoking rooms.U pass by and the rooms are all glass and you wont see a sight of smoke anywhere cause of those high suction vacums they have in there! great Airport!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Top 10 Best Airlines in the World, 2011:

1 Qatar Airways

2 Singapore Airline

3 Asiana Airlines (best last year)

4 Cathay Pacific Airways

5 Thai Airways International

6 Etihad Airways

7 Air New Zealand

8 Qantas Airways

9 Turkish Airlines

10 Emirates

complete results www.worldairlineawards.com

Edited by Boing!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.