maning

Airline Ticket Prices Are Crazy

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was booking my flight to The Philippines yesterday and was sort of shock at the prices nowadays. 6 years ago you could easily get a round trip ticket for $1000 or less to The Philippines (East Coast US States departures) now it could easily cost $1500+. So within 6 years cost of round trip ticket to The Philippines has gone up by more or less 50%. Crazy. Then they take away a lot of the things that was free and now charge exuberant prices for... which I understand, but I just hate the whole nickel and diming the customer after he's paid for his service.

The biggest scam is the one way ticket prices from The Philippines to the USA.... they almost cost just as much as round trip tickets! LOL crazy.

The even bigger scam is... how NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) charges for a terminal fee and now a security fee, yet it still looks looks like #######. I'm not knocking the place, but you can tell some corrupt official or officials have their hand in the cookie jar. Being Filipino myself, I just find it a bit embarrassing that this is the first place they see once they enter The Philippines. They need to just move everything to Clark Freeport (Diosdada Magpagal Airport i know i cant spell) in Angeles City and establish that area as the new international airport for The Philippines. I doubt it will happen though.

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

A lot of the fare prices are time related. If you book your travel at certain times ( like now thru xmas) it is more expensive. After the first week in Jan. it is much cheaper. Also many countries have added a much higher departure tax to eac ticket, in some cases as much as $100 and of course many have added security taxes. In spite of this, I hope you have a nice trip.

I was booking my flight to The Philippines yesterday and was sort of shock at the prices nowadays. 6 years ago you could easily get a round trip ticket for $1000 or less to The Philippines (East Coast US States departures) now it could easily cost $1500+. So within 6 years cost of round trip ticket to The Philippines has gone up by more or less 50%. Crazy. Then they take away a lot of the things that was free and now charge exuberant prices for... which I understand, but I just hate the whole nickel and diming the customer after he's paid for his service.

The biggest scam is the one way ticket prices from The Philippines to the USA.... they almost cost just as much as round trip tickets! LOL crazy.

The even bigger scam is... how NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) charges for a terminal fee and now a security fee, yet it still looks looks like #######. I'm not knocking the place, but you can tell some corrupt official or officials have their hand in the cookie jar. Being Filipino myself, I just find it a bit embarrassing that this is the first place they see once they enter The Philippines. They need to just move everything to Clark Freeport (Diosdada Magpagal Airport i know i cant spell) in Angeles City and establish that area as the new international airport for The Philippines. I doubt it will happen though.

We just booked KAL from MNL-ICH-ATl for a little over 900.00. One way. Not to bad for last minute. No stops from Korea to ATl.

Timeline

I agree with the prices of the tickets but you also have to remember it's the holidays and that's about the norm. The prices will continue to be high till the end of Chinese New Year. As far as fees we only paid once when we were leaving and I believe it amounted to like 13 dollars per person. But again I'm USC so don't know about other fees for Filipino citizen.

Yes the one way Ticket was very puzzling I was taken a-back, I had to do a queery a several times to make sure the prices I was seeing were correct.

As far as the shape the airport is, I honestly did not think there was anything wrong with Terminal 2, yes it is way smaller than many airports here in the US but I did not find anything lacking! My son and I were able to get out in timely manner with no hassle, the guards and security did not give us any problems. Maybe we were just lucky.

Yeah my ticket was purchase a month ago but still high and it is a one way ticket. I will flying at NAIA 3 though, ANA airlines, the new airport so I will not see how horrible NAIA 1 is.

Timeline

I have been to airports in the USA that were not as nice as NAIA 1. Parts of LAX for one. Granted TBIT is being upgraded, but many of the terminals at LAX are not as nice as NAIA 1. NAIA 3 is super nice and first class, at least the parts of it that are open. NAIA 2 is about average, I like the style and layout. NAIA 1 is just old, but still very passable.

Edited by mapletree

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

As for me, I booked my ticket last month.. Flying out of Houston to Manila, $1530 after taxes on Dec 13th. Not bad considering the season I am flying. If you buy your ticket this month, it will be crazily high. Airfare is such a rip off.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

As for me, I booked my ticket last month.. Flying out of Houston to Manila, $1530 after taxes on Dec 13th. Not bad considering the season I am flying. If you buy your ticket this month, it will be crazily high. Airfare is such a rip off.

I am leaving on the 6th of Dec. and returning the 18th of Jan. From Seattle to Manila and paid $860 total. I used Orbitz as they seam to have the best search for prices.

Timeline

I am leaving on the 6th of Dec. and returning the 18th of Jan. From Seattle to Manila and paid $860 total. I used Orbitz as they seam to have the best search for prices.

You have it good. You live on a major city on the west coast with a high Asian/Filipino population, so tickets are always generally cheaper. If you live on the East Coast, we end up paying more.

Vermont Service Center

Timeline

You have it good. You live on a major city on the west coast with a high Asian/Filipino population, so tickets are always generally cheaper. If you live on the East Coast, we end up paying more.

It really does not have much to do with geographical location, it is more of what is your preference of getting there. PAL 16 hours (direct) or other airlines with 3 layovers and 40+ plus hours of travel time. I'm not surprised of the 800 but m sure travel time is more than 24 hours. When I went a couple of months ago I could have gotten 900 ticket but would have taken 23 hours with 1 layover. That was something I did not want to do.

Timeline

It really does not have much to do with geographical location, it is more of what is your preference of getting there. PAL 16 hours (direct) or other airlines with 3 layovers and 40+ plus hours of travel time. I'm not surprised of the 800 but m sure travel time is more than 24 hours. When I went a couple of months ago I could have gotten 900 ticket but would have taken 23 hours with 1 layover. That was something I did not want to do.

It does. Since you have more layovers. Many airlines who do offer promo flights to The Philippines are not based or do little business in the South (South Carolina) where I live. I've never bought a ticket under $1000 and I have been flying to The Philippines for over 7 years, 1-3 trips a year. Also, average flight time from where I live to The Philippines is over 23 hours with only 2 layovers. I wish my flights were only 23 hours with only 1 layover. Most flights I had to take I depart from Columbia, SC and go either to a major airport such as in Detroit, MI, New York, NY, and Atlanta GA, Minneapolis, MN, Memphis, TN (somes multiple layovers in the US) then to either Nagoya or Tokyo Japan, Hong Kong, or Seoul Korea, then finally to The Philippines. If you're flying out a major city close to the West Coat, then tickets are generally cheaper and shorter distance, so lesser layovers, less fuel spent, equals cheaper ticket.

Vermont Service Center

Timeline

Last summer my wife & I flew Asiana SFO-ICN-MNL and back for $948 each. The time in Korea was actually quite nice; we spent a day in Seoul touring around.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

Timeline

Better buy a roundtrip one just in case things won't work out according to the plan. :rofl:

Happy New Year!

Sometimes buying a ticket thru the travel agent can find you a good deal, as they get blocks of tix, or have promo fairs. Having a layover or two can save your man hundreds, so have pity on him, and accept some waiting time. It's and adventure in traveling, so just enjoy it.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

It does. Since you have more layovers. Many airlines who do offer promo flights to The Philippines are not based or do little business in the South (South Carolina) where I live. I've never bought a ticket under $1000 and I have been flying to The Philippines for over 7 years, 1-3 trips a year. Also, average flight time from where I live to The Philippines is over 23 hours with only 2 layovers. I wish my flights were only 23 hours with only 1 layover. Most flights I had to take I depart from Columbia, SC and go either to a major airport such as in Detroit, MI, New York, NY, and Atlanta GA, Minneapolis, MN, Memphis, TN (somes multiple layovers in the US) then to either Nagoya or Tokyo Japan, Hong Kong, or Seoul Korea, then finally to The Philippines. If you're flying out a major city close to the West Coat, then tickets are generally cheaper and shorter distance, so lesser layovers, less fuel spent, equals cheaper ticket.

You right! i am on the West Coast and flying out of LAX is shorter on Philippine Airlines (16 hours) direct or Korean Air to Seoul with only 1 Layover.There are many many Airlines that operate from the West Coast compared to other Locations in the USA that cater to Flights in Southeast Asia! and of course they cheaper and shorter Distance!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.