bill bobby

US embassy interview

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I met my fiance in Paris France but she is originally from South Africa.I believe that our application will be approved very soon because we have just been sent the IMBRA RFE which we have sent back.She initially wanted to attend her interview in the US embassy in South Africa because she is just a temporary resident of France and this was what we filled in the I-129 form submitted to the USCIS.Right now,she has extended her residence in Paris by another year and she intend to have her interview in the US embassy in Paris France.Please can anyone suggest to me how we will notify the USCIS of this development or should I wait and write to the NVC when they finally get the approved petition for them to make the change.

Do you think that this idea of change of interviewing embassy will delay our application again?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

If i'm not mistaken, I believe you should tell NVC now before they send the approved petition to Africa. Otherwise you will have to wait for it to be sent to Africa and then back to France to finish being processed and that will just be time wasted.You should call NVC and askto be 100% sure. Also ask them if you should send them the request in writing or on another form because its not uncommon for information given over the phone to not be noted, or passed on, to the right person.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.