5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Someone please help. Here is the following:

1. Received RFE for the medical for my wife. Medical was done in March 2006 in Kenya for my wife.

The doctor will use the immunization results from this medical?

2. The I-864 was sent. Now they are asking for W-2's, copy of the tax records and the employer letter. Why do need to send this again, when the original AOS had this?

3. Why in the RFE letter is the information being sent to Missouri? The nearest office is Oklahoma City.

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Someone please help. Here is the following:

1. Received RFE for the medical for my wife. Medical was done in March 2006 in Kenya for my wife.

The doctor will use the immunization results from this medical?

Don't know about this. Someone else will have to answer.

2. The I-864 was sent. Now they are asking for W-2's, copy of the tax records and the employer letter. Why do need to send this again, when the original AOS had this?

I had the same problem. Just send it all again. That's what I did. You can't fight it. Either they lost something or they're having trouble transitioning between to the new I-864 forms or whatever. Fact of the matter is, you just have to send it again. Tell them in a cover letter that you had sent this stuff all before (lawyer suggested that, but don't know what good it did--nothing I'm sure)

3. Why in the RFE letter is the information being sent to Missouri? The nearest office is Oklahoma City.

Everything is processed first at the Missouri center then sent to your local office. Once they think they have everything and it looks okay it gets sent to your local office (in your case Oklahoma City)

Thank you.

You're welcome

Canadian on TN Status married to USC

07/18/06 - Forms (I-485, I-130, I-765) sent overnight to Chicago Lockbox

07/19/06 - Received Date

07/25/06 - Notice Date

07/26/06 - Cheques Cashed

07/31/06 - I-130, I-765 Added online (I-485 not online yet)

08/04/06 - Receive Appt. letter for FP/Bio

08/14/06 - FP/Bio taken / LUD on I-130, and I-765 / I-485 added online

08/18/06 - RFE sent for Tax Return stuff, which was already sent with application

08/25/06 - RFE received by me in mail

09/05/06 - RFE returned to USCIS

09/11/06 - RFE Received by USCIS

10/31/06 - InfoPass to check status on 485 and 765 - Apparently a push has been made on 765

11/06/06 - I-765 (EAD) Approved!

11/13/06 - Received EAD, Approval notice mailed for I-765?

11/20/06 - Receive Interview Letter

11/29/06 - TN Expired

01/04/07 - Interview! - APPROVED!!!!

01/22/07 - InfoPass Appt: Got I-551 stamp in passport

01/24/07 - I-485/I-130 Approval E-mails / Welcome notice sent

01/25/07 - Card ordered

01/29/07 - Received Welcome Notice/I-130 Approval

02/02/07 - Received 10 yr Green Card!!

Touches:

I-485: 08/14/06, 08/21, 09/12, 09/14, 11/11, 12/02, 12/14, 12/16, 01/25, 01/28, 01/31, 02/01

I-130: 07/31/06, 08/14, 08/19, 11/11, 12/02, 12/14, 12/16

I-765: 07/31/06, 08/14, 08/19, 11/01, 11/02, 11/07, 11/11, 11/14, 11/15, 12/02

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

With the medical they might just be asking for the vaccination supplement given by a doctor here in the states.. I think the form is I693 (check this please someone)

The medical your wife did is still valid but sometimes they dont accept the vaccination record supplied with that... if you have a copy of that look up on the USCIS website for a doctor in your area able to do this.. can cost anywhere between $25 up to whatever... just make sure when you ph for a apppointment that you only need the supplement as you have records fort he vaccinations already done over seas... if you havent got the records then it might end up costing a bit as they will insist on giving the shots again..

Other stuff answered above...

good luck

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
With the medical they might just be asking for the vaccination supplement given by a doctor here in the states.. I think the form is I693 (check this please someone)

The medical your wife did is still valid but sometimes they dont accept the vaccination record supplied with that... if you have a copy of that look up on the USCIS website for a doctor in your area able to do this.. can cost anywhere between $25 up to whatever... just make sure when you ph for a apppointment that you only need the supplement as you have records fort he vaccinations already done over seas... if you havent got the records then it might end up costing a bit as they will insist on giving the shots again..

Other stuff answered above...

good luck

The vaccination supplement form is I-693A and has to be filled out by a civil surgeon and placed in a SEALED envelope. Said envelope is then sent in with the AOS, or submitted with your RFE letter. The only way that I know of for the CS to fill out the vaccination supplement is for the non USC to have a copy of his/her vaccination record. We had to have my husband's mom go to his dr and send another copy to us. We took it to the CS and for $50 we got the form filled out along with the tetanus shot he needed.

As for the I-864, like someone else posted...just send it all again. You can't do anything BUT send it in again. If you made copies of everything you sent then you're good to go. Just send copies of it all again.

Good luck! :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got the same RFE for the I864 and I sent it all the first time. Just wanted you to know your not alone.

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.