tuandanh

Ship to Vietnam

12 posts in this topic

Hi Visa Community,

What's the best way to ship gifts to Vietnam. We want to send a box full of gifts like chocolate etc.. for the holidays. Something affordable, will get there in a reasonable amount of time, and most of all dependable.

Thanks!!!

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

Hi Visa Community,

What's the best way to ship gifts to Vietnam. We want to send a box full of gifts like chocolate etc.. for the holidays. Something affordable, will get there in a reasonable amount of time, and most of all dependable.

Thanks!!!

This is NOT an endorsement, but have had good luck with vietnamflowerstore.com. They are not an actual storefront, but serve as a facilitator between you, the local flowers shops, bakeries, etc.... they always deliver on time and have a website where you can track the order. The accept CC's, and have a catalog on-line where you can choose items (prices in USD)

The prices are a bit ridiculous considering the actual cost for the items in Viet Nam, but they still are reasonable by US standards.

So if you are wlling to pony up the cash, they are reliable and get the job done on time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

where are you in ca? in socal there are plenty of places that ship back to vietnam...costs $3.50/lb to saigon and big cities and $4.50 to the further provinces. i'd think nocal with the big viet community would be the same. i've also found usps to be reliable but more expensive. just don't ship money or electronic back.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: Timeline

Hi Visa Community,

Thanks!!!

It can be expensive to ship items from the US to Vietnam. It might be a good idea to use a service with an office in the US that has a local delivery office in Vietnam.

My parents has Hoa Phat delivering Similac nutritional drinks to my grandmother in VN. My parents pay for it here at the local Hoa Phat office. The Hoa Phat office in VN then delivers the drinks from their local stock.

Here are a couple of companies that provide gift delivery in VN;

http://www.legoitienle.com/about/services_gifts_to_vietnam.htm

https://www.goitien.com/AboutUs.aspx

Edited by Jojo92122

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Visa Community,

Thanks!!!

US postal service flat rate international box, usually takes about 14 days to arrive, cheapest by far but not the quickest, if you want fast use UPS or DHL or find someone going to Vietnam and have them take it for you

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: Timeline

where are you in ca? in socal there are plenty of places that ship back to vietnam...costs $3.50/lb to saigon and big cities and $4.50 to the further provinces. i'd think nocal with the big viet community would be the same. i've also found usps to be reliable but more expensive. just don't ship money or electronic back.

You can also have them ship to tsn and have someone pick it up if convenient, it is much cheaper. One word of advice about sending chocolates, i sent some in December and they were slightly melted by the time they got there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My parents has Hoa Phat delivering Similac nutritional drinks to my grandmother in VN. My parents pay for it here at the local Hoa Phat office. The Hoa Phat office in VN then delivers the drinks from their local stock.

is the similac in VN the same as in the US? Even if they say yes i'd be hesitant to trade USA market products for ones that are vietnam-intended.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Most (not all) of these type places are on the shady side, slow, and not responsible for damages or government "inspections".

Not saying my suggestion is foolproof, but they can have local fresh baked items and flowers delivered within 12 hours. The ordercost is almost always less than the shipping costs alone from the US, and they deliver to almost any city in Viet Nam.

Edited by Brian_N_Phuong

Im in No Cal. Not in SJ. I basically want to fill a box full of random stuff like shirts, chocolate, perfume, that kind of thing. I was looking for the kind of place Quann was talking about. Maybe USPS would be alright

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

Im in No Cal. Not in SJ. I basically want to fill a box full of random stuff like shirts, chocolate, perfume, that kind of thing. I was looking for the kind of place Quann was talking about. Maybe USPS would be alright

oops sorry, my fault. I missunderstood and thought you wanted to just send some chocolates as a gift.

USPS scares me because it has to traverse the Vietnamese Postal System. I've shipped using FEDEX from within Viet Nam back to the US and it was fairly inexpensive, however the reverse (US to Viet Nam) is very expensive, May be best to shop rates, perhaps DHL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.