Ash&Dave

Do we need the original documents that were submitted for 129 F

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I'm just wondering if we need to bring the packet that was originally submitted by the USC fiancee for the 129 F petition with USCIS to our interview in Montreal?

As I've repeatedly read on this site that the USCIS part of this process is over, so we really shouldn't have to bring all that paperwork with us (things like the Biometrics docs)

My fiancee brought everything to me when she visited me last month, and I kind of got it all mixed up!

So if someone can please clarify what specifically should I bring to the interview from the original I 129 related documents, I would really appreciate it!

Edited by Ash&Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

VJ actually suggests bringing the entire original I-129F petition you sent in. I never got asked for anything from mine, but I followed the advice anyway because it gave me the peace of mind that if they did ask for something I would be able to grab it.

My fiance and I used this page to collect stuff for my interview, and obviously brought everything the consulate had on its list:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide (scroll to "What to send your fiance(e) once your I-129f is approved")

Good luck!

Edited by dukeandduchess

You will probably not be asked for it. Take all the paperwork that you sent through the process. It is better to have everything in case you are asked for it than not have it and be asked for it.....I stress to you again...MAKE COPIES of EVERYTHING!.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I'm just wondering if we need to bring the packet that was originally submitted by the USC fiancee for the 129 F petition with USCIS to our interview in Montreal?

As I've repeatedly read on this site that the USCIS part of this process is over, so we really shouldn't have to bring all that paperwork with us (things like the Biometrics docs)

My fiancee brought everything to me when she visited me last month, and I kind of got it all mixed up!

So if someone can please clarify what specifically should I bring to the interview from the original I 129 related documents, I would really appreciate it!

Here is the categories in my accordian folder, two copies of everything except the packet 3 submission and the petition full set. I know it's more than I'll need but rather be safe than sorry. Originals of your birth certificate, police clearance, etc., plus a copy.

APPOINTMENT LETTER... contains appt. pckt 4 letter, confirmation of appointment printed out from the website, and my DS160 confirmation. 1. PASSPORT 2. BIRTH CERTIFICATE (IN SAME POCKET) 1. MARRIAGE CERT. 2. DIVORCE CERTIFICATE POLICE CLEARANCE 134 and supporting documents MEDICAL RESULTS in sealed envelope, plus chest xray 2 PHOTO'S (PASSPORT PHOTOS) DS 230 PARTS 1 AND 2, 2 COPIES PETITION, FULL SET him - 1. BIRTH CERT. 2. PASSPORT 156 k AND LETTER OF INTENT him - DIVORCE/MARRIAGE CERT'S EVERYTHING ABOVE IS AT LEAST ONE EXTRA COPY. Then in my auxilliary accordian folder: MORE COPIES OF DS 160 CONFIRMATION ME- BANK /INVESTMENT STATEMENTS

156 and 129F two copies of each PASTOR LETTER RE. MARRIAGE/ APPRAISAL & RECEIPT FOR MY ENGAGEMENT RING him - MILITARY RECORD 797 NOA 1 AND 2 PETITION FULL SET PHOTOS, CARDS, PHONE BILLS, EMAILS showing relationship PACKET 3 LETTER AND SUBMISSION FULL SET

hope this helps!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you all so very much. As I mentioned, she did bring it to me, so I have most of the stuff on me! So yes, I'll definitely take it with me. Thanks again!

p.s. And yes Jeannie, I'll make sure to make copies, thanks for the reminder and congrats again on the EAD and AP :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.