Flowerslove21

Visa Pickup (jamaica specific)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What are some of the special cases that would allow someone to pick up their visa at the embassy or Montego Bay?.. instead of waiting for it by mail?

I know that in Jamaica it doesnt happen often.. Also just wondering what the chances are on this. trying to understand the method a bit more.. why things are the way they are :huh:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

usually people pick the visa up at the DHL office in Kingston or Mobay...you can also have it sent to a local business. They do not come in the mail

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What are some of the special cases that would allow someone to pick up their visa at the embassy or Montego Bay?.. instead of waiting for it by mail?

I know that in Jamaica it doesnt happen often.. Also just wondering what the chances are on this. trying to understand the method a bit more.. why things are the way they are :huh:

Idk how often they allow for ppl 2 come back to the embassy but after flying down 2 JA a 2nd time b/c they issued the wrong visa type and I told the agent I was leaving in a couple sets and the kids plane tickets are booked I guess she felt pity and told me 2 come back in 2 days ( I believe she actually processed the visa herself b/c when I came in 2 pick them up she said she was looking 4 me yesterday) anyway good luck!

Are you specifically trying to pick up the visa at the embassy? Or do you just want to pick it up and not have it delivered? If the former, you may want to speak to BangasWife since she actually went back to the embassy. As for just picking it up in general... that's what we did. You can just request pick-up instead of delivery and that can be picked up at either one of the DHL locations (Kingston or MoBay).

Good luck.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Timeline

ya! I would like for him to pick it up if possible.. i dont know if it speeds up the process any or not but i will leave the first and i would love it if he could fly back with me.. though its only a week after the interview so i was figuring the time was too short.. either way ill be happy that he gets the visa.. just would be an extra perk.

Thanks for the response

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Are you specifically trying to pick up the visa at the embassy? Or do you just want to pick it up and not have it delivered? If the former, you may want to speak to BangasWife since she actually went back to the embassy. As for just picking it up in general... that's what we did. You can just request pick-up instead of delivery and that can be picked up at either one of the DHL locations (Kingston or MoBay).

Good luck.

@DARLINGNIKKI whats the upside to picking it up like you did in either Kingston or Mobay? Where do you pick it up at at those locations (post office, specific place)?

“If puss and dog can get together, why cant we love one another?"

06/15/11: MAILED I-129F, ''fiancé visa'', petition to marry foreign born fiancé 3 months after landing in U.S.
06/22/11: CHECK CASHED! CASE MOVING FROM TEXAS TO CALI SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
06/25/11: NOA1, letter dated 6/20/11 from CSC
07/18/11: "TOUCH"
10/27/11: NOA2!! 129 DAYS
11/12/11: NVC Receives Petition
12/02/11: Kingston receives case from NVC.. Packet 3 never received. Request via email, more than one email sent.
12/19/11: Email Reply from Kingston with PACKET 4 and INTERVIEW DATE
12/23/11: MEDICAL APPOINTMENT KINGSTON
01/12/12: INTERVIEW KINGSTON 9:00am! **APPROVED!!!*
01/24/12: PICK UP VISA @ KINGSTON
01/26/12: POE @ ATL
02/21/12: MARRIED!!
04/17/12: Sent AOS, EAD & AP- Adjustment of status to "Conditional Permanent Resident'', Authorization to begin work, and Advance Parole (to travel outside U.S. while green card processes)
04/20/12: NOA1 I-485, I-765, I-131
05/11/12: Biometrics notice for appointment
05/23//12: Case transferred to CSC
06/08/12: Biometrics appointment
06/18/12: I-765 Approved & Green Card Production begins
06/23/12: EAD card and A.P. approval
01/05/13: I-485 APPROVAL text/email, Green card has been sent
01/11/13: Green Card arrives

09/22/14: Send in ROC for ten year green card

12/19/14: Green Card Expires, File for Removal of Conditions no earlier than 09/19/2014

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

i'm adding BUMP to this post...

visa pick up at local post office or mo bay pick up... pros and cons??

“If puss and dog can get together, why cant we love one another?"

06/15/11: MAILED I-129F, ''fiancé visa'', petition to marry foreign born fiancé 3 months after landing in U.S.
06/22/11: CHECK CASHED! CASE MOVING FROM TEXAS TO CALI SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
06/25/11: NOA1, letter dated 6/20/11 from CSC
07/18/11: "TOUCH"
10/27/11: NOA2!! 129 DAYS
11/12/11: NVC Receives Petition
12/02/11: Kingston receives case from NVC.. Packet 3 never received. Request via email, more than one email sent.
12/19/11: Email Reply from Kingston with PACKET 4 and INTERVIEW DATE
12/23/11: MEDICAL APPOINTMENT KINGSTON
01/12/12: INTERVIEW KINGSTON 9:00am! **APPROVED!!!*
01/24/12: PICK UP VISA @ KINGSTON
01/26/12: POE @ ATL
02/21/12: MARRIED!!
04/17/12: Sent AOS, EAD & AP- Adjustment of status to "Conditional Permanent Resident'', Authorization to begin work, and Advance Parole (to travel outside U.S. while green card processes)
04/20/12: NOA1 I-485, I-765, I-131
05/11/12: Biometrics notice for appointment
05/23//12: Case transferred to CSC
06/08/12: Biometrics appointment
06/18/12: I-765 Approved & Green Card Production begins
06/23/12: EAD card and A.P. approval
01/05/13: I-485 APPROVAL text/email, Green card has been sent
01/11/13: Green Card arrives

09/22/14: Send in ROC for ten year green card

12/19/14: Green Card Expires, File for Removal of Conditions no earlier than 09/19/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.