Om&Abo Malik

email from embassy

6 posts in this topic

hi vjers,

i was wondering if this was the standard email reply that goes out right before the visa is issued. wanting anyone who received something similar to chime in and tell me how long after getting this email did your visa come? i am assuming it's in its final review.

here is the email

Please note that your husband’s administrative processing has already completed. Please note that the case is currently pending consular officer’s.

Regards,

Consular Section

US Embassy Cairo

ES

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi vjers,

i was wondering if this was the standard email reply that goes out right before the visa is issued. wanting anyone who received something similar to chime in and tell me how long after getting this email did your visa come? i am assuming it's in its final review.

here is the email

Please note that your husband’s administrative processing has already completed. Please note that the case is currently pending consular officer’s.

Regards,

Consular Section

US Embassy Cairo

ES

This looks like good news!! Congrats!! How long did you go through AP?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi vjers,

here is the email

Regards,

Consular Section

US Embassy Cairo

ES

This looks like good news!! Congrats!! How long did you go through AP?

Thank you, i appreciate the positive response at this time. His interview was sept 15 and i understood from some others here on vj that they received similar email upon inquiry with the embassy following AP and soon after received the visa. I was hoping for more replys. Wishing for a speedy resolution. Also, when you read the email the last sentence is an incomplete sentence..."pending consular's." ....what? lol,

Im glad you posted this. My husbands interview was Sept 19th and we are waiting too. this gives me some hope. did you email the embassy or they just sent this to you?

Hi, yes i am familiar with your case as your interview was pretty close to mine so i pop in your profile every once in a while to see any updates with you. I took the advice of a friend here on vj who told me that she had contacted this other email address which was actually for emergencies because her case was taking a long time. I decided to send one to them(worth a try i thought) stating that it is time for me to go home now, we haven't been able to get any information from the embassy and that our family was being separated and that i broke my finger while here and travelling with an infant would be very hard and really need my husband to be with us.

i waited few days and received that email response. I am not sure what is happening really but my friend received similar email response that hers was going back to be reviewed and then she got email within a week stating the visa was being issued.

whoever wrote it clearly didn't complete the last sentence so i was just filling in the blanks, lol

i hope yours ends soon. it has lately(according to timelines) been running around exactly 2 months from interview. It will be 2 months for us nov 15. I wish yours will fly by. I'll keep my profile updated and timeline because i know how important it is to others and i understand the hell of uncertainty having our lives with our husbands and families being in the hands of govt officials and having no information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.