liam4lisa

SSN ( where the heck is it)

5 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Like the new site!

I went to the get my SSN about well it will be 4 weeks on friday. They said that i should have my number with me in a couple of weeks. I am in ventura county in CA, should i be alarmed that it has not arrived yet? or is this common practice for the SSN to be late?

Liam

12/30/2005 Arrived in the USA (Finally made it

02/17/2006 received my social security number

03/10/2006 We Got Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04/19/2006 Sent in AOS & EAD papers

04/27/2006 Touched for AOS & EAD

05/11/2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD[/color]

06/07/2006 Received AOS appointment letter (july 14th 06)

07/07/2006 Recieved EAD

07/14/06 AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! All in less than 3 months (that's unbeleivable)

4/21/08 Filed I-751

4/26/08 Check cashed

4/28/08 NOA received

5/16/08 Attended Biometrics

9/12/08 Green Card arrived in mail :-)

To see wedding pics click on link below:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/thumbna...y&uid=14079

Claudeth's initial card took about 10 days but when she changed her name it took six weeks

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

mine took 5 days. i filed it monday and i got my card friday on my married name already coz i filled it after we get married

DELIGHT YOUR SELF TO THE LORD AND HE WILL GIVE THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART

I-130 petition for my dad

06-01-2009 package sent

06-10-2009 check cashed

06-13-2009 noa 1 rec'd

09-10-2009 approved

09-25-2009 nvc assign case

10-01-2009 paid AOS fee

10-10-2009 mailed i-864

10-14-2009 paid iv bill

11-01-2009 got rfe

11-09-2009 sent the missing doc

11-28-2009 got email case completed

01-08-2010 interview APPROVED. 01-11-2010 visa on hand

Filed: Timeline
I went to the get my SSN about well it will be 4 weeks on friday. They said that i should have my number with me in a couple of weeks. I am in ventura county in CA, should i be alarmed that it has not arrived yet? or is this common practice for the SSN to be late?

The SSA office will try to verify your status through the SAVE system while you are in the office. If they can't, they will send a form G-845 to immigration for manual verification. This could delay the assigning

of an SSN and/or issuing a card for weeks and some times months.

If the SSA office does send the G-845, suggest that you go back to the SSA office no more that once week with your documents to (1) ask them to check SAVE again (2) ask if they sent a G-845 (3) if yes, did it come back (4) after 30 days ask if they have followed up on the G-845 by calling or sending another mark “second request.”

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203720

RM 00203.720 Verifying Immigration Documents

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203735

RM 00203.735 Requesting Online (Primary) Verification By SAVE

You can try calling the SSA Regional Office if you have waited at least 30 days and your local SSA office doesn't seem to be concerned about following up on the G-845.

http://www.ssa.gov/otherssasites/

Refer them to:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203740

RM 00203.740 Requesting Additional (Manual) Verification By DHS

Step 6

DHS should respond to SSA within 15 federal work days after receiving the Form G-845. If DHS does not respond within 15 federal work days from the receipt of the G-845 from SSA, follow-up with the DHS, USCIS Immigration Status office. (Allow 15 days plus five additional federal work days of mail time for the G-845 to be received at and returned from DHS. Follow local practice to follow-up with DHS.

Some SSA offices have an arrangement with the DHS, USCIS office to telephone for the follow-up contact; other SSA offices send a copy of the original G-845 annotated “second request.”) If the DHS response is still not received within 15 federal work days after the follow-up contact (if the follow-up is by mail allow five additional federal work days of mail time for the G-845 to be received at and returned from DHS), make a second follow-up contact. If the DHS response is not received within 15 federal workdays (again, if the follow-up is by mail, allow five additional federal work days of mail time for the G-845 to be received at and returned from DHS), after two follow-ups, contact the Regional Office (RO). Also report to the RO any trend that shows a serious deviation by DHS from the above time frames. The RO will consult with central office.

If you have been assigned an SSN, the office can provide you with the number. However, if you have not received your card within 14 days of your SSN being assigned, normally you will need to apply for a replacement SSN card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.