Gagan and Lindsay

Travel to US After K-1 Filing?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiancé has a 10 year B1/B2 visa that he has used for our visits with each other. We are getting ready to file our K-1 Visa and were wondering if his B1/B2 visa would still be valid and if he would be able to visit the US again while the K-1 is being processed?

Thanks!!

Oct 2010 - We Said "Hi" in the US...(Trip #1)

Nov 2010 - We Became Friends in India...(Trip #2)

March 2011 - Vacation in India...(Trip #3)

08/25/2011 - We Fell In Love...

10/10/2011 - We Got Engaged in the US!!(Trip #4 and #5)

04/09/2012 - Couldn't Stay Away From Each Other...(Trip #6)

08/25/2012 - Our Wedding...DEFINITELY!!

11/05/2011 - Sent I-129F Via USPS Priority Mail

11/08/2011 - I-129F Received @ Lockbox in Dallas, TX

11/08/2011 - NOA1 Notice Date

11/14/2011 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail Received

11/18/2011 - NOA1 Hard-Copy Received

03/30/2012 - NOA2 Notice Date - 143 Days

03/31/2012 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail Received @ 12:15am

04/06/2012 - NVC Received

04/09/2012 - NOA2 Hard-Copy Received

04/10/2012 - NVC Left

04/12/2012 - Consulate Received

04/17/2012 - Packet 3 Received

04/18/2012 - Packet 3 Sent via E-mail to VFS

04/23/2012 - Packet 3 Received via VFS Confirmation

05/23/2012 - Packet 3 "Lost" - Fiance Re-Submitted In-Person to VFS

05/24/2012 - Packet 3 Received via DOS Confirmation

07/11/2012 - Interview Date - APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey - yes the visa is still valid while ur K1 application is under process, however for him to visit US during this time u hav to be very careful. At immigration chk in the US they will want to ascertain that u dont have any motive of illlegally stayin bak in the US - till the him he can prove that he has ties back home in India like a letter from the Job, property etc u guys shd be ok but if the immigration officer is not convinced that u might be sent back. Personally, my lawyer recommended not to cme to the US during the process. I know this is hard by my finance visited me in India during this time.

Let me knw if u need any help, will be happy to share my experience.

Cheers & All the best

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Stick with the India treads or where you will be traveling to and from. During K1 things a re iffy i would not want to get rejected at this stage.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.