Tuanv

Married Life

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Don't think about it negatively. I should have elaborated in more details to avoid misunderstanding. Most newly wedded VNese brides prob stay at home when they first arrive in the States; therefore, they would have more free time to do the cooking. As time passes and they've found jobs or going back to school, whatever, the hubbies should expect to consume more "Ramen noodle soup" or "pizza, fried chicken, Big Macs, etc" as their "old" lifestyle BEFORE the marriage.

Be prepared to witness "her transition" from the "typical/traditional" VNese to "American". If you can't cook for yourself in the past and now, and she's doing that for you, treat it as a "temporary" thing.

I appreciate and do agree with your perspetive, and I do emphasize on "most" being the keyword. My wife has been working for 3 months now, but she still wakes up couple of hour earlier than she has to to make sure I'll have my breakfast, and my lunch packed. I would sleep in for an extra few mins, by the time I'm ready for work breakfast and lunch is ready to go. I live in her house for a month before our wedding and her mom does the same thing, even though she holds a full time job while her husband stays home and watch over their rental properties. I don't take advantage of her tradition and try to "live like a king" though. I get home from work earlier than she does so I always try to have dinner or help prepping food for the next day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It all depends on the people and the marriage. I do feel like i am being pampered by wife but at the same time, I pampered her and appreciate everything she does for me.

From the posts, it seems like half of the guys are enjoying married life and half are not.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Timeline

It all depends on the people and the marriage. I do feel like i am being pampered by wife but at the same time, I pampered her and appreciate everything she does for me.

From the posts, it seems like half of the guys are enjoying married life and half are not.

I def don't belong in the latter half. Even though I give up a few things, but it is all worth it. Not only does she do the regular wifey stuff, she also helps me work on my vehicles.

d048bacd.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I def don't belong in the latter half. Even though I give up a few things, but it is all worth it. Not only does she do the regular wifey stuff, she also helps me work on my vehicles.

d048bacd.jpg

nice bike , nice wife too . looking at the picture i think i got more tools than you :rofl:

Timeline

nice bike , nice wife too . looking at the picture i think i got more tools than you :rofl:

:rofl: You probably do have more tools, I used to have enough to open a small shop when I was still heavily into modding cars, I just did garage overhaul and got rid of everything except for a few essentials to do basis tasks.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

I agree with Baby Diaper in that...

There will be changes in the long run. Not an extreme change but I do agree with years into the marriage you guys may eat out more cuz she will actually become more americanized and like it and/or she will be too busy for cooking and cleaning everyday. I mean it happens and this is America where everything has to be fast and has to keep moving. This is just from what I see in the marriages of USC guys (that I know) with wives from SEAsia. I do agree enjoy it while you can.

Edited by hnubno

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.