Tiff

POE

12 posts in this topic

Hi VJ Family!!

My husband will be coming to America this Thursday from Vietnam under CR1 status!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: He first stop will be at Japan and then fly straight to Houston. I just wonder how long does the immagation process take at POE? Has anyone been thru this process and would you please kindly share your experience in detail? What does my husband should expect? Thank you for your feed back as always :D

Tiff

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ Family!!

My husband will be coming to America this Thursday from Vietnam under CR1 status!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: He first stop will be at Japan and then fly straight to Houston. I just wonder how long does the immagation process take at POE? Has anyone been thru this process and would you please kindly share your experience in detail? What does my husband should expect? Thank you for your feed back as always :D

Tiff

Hi Tiff,

the length of time to first clear immigrations will depend on the time of day/evening of arrival, and how busy the international terminal is with other arriving flights. Could be only 15-20 minutes or could be 1 hour or more, just depends. Then he"ll have to clear customs, same applies here. I checked the POE reviews for Houstaon and I only found 1, so that was no help. I hope your hubby has a safe trip and a big CONGRATS to you!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Thank you Leatherneck for so prompt with your response. He will landed at 1:50pm, so hopefully it is not going to be busy. :-)

Welcome. Look at it this way, it matters not how long it takes to clear immigration/customs...you'll be on the other side of the wall waiting for him.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It took my wife (then Fiancee) about 2.5 hours at POE. I'm pretty sure she was the very last one and they questioned her a little.

Anyway, don't worry too much if you see everyone come out of customs from his flight and some delay. Just be patient.

Congrats to you both!

congrats!! hopefully I'll get to have a thread like this someday...

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Thank you, Mozzer1972. We have been waiting for a little more than two years already, at this point, we can handle anything ...hihihi...The reason I asked for the process is to let my hubby know what to expect. The timing is for me so I can arrange the time to pick up my son after school. I wish your family well and live happily forever after. :-)

Thank you Long & Kieu. My heart ached to hear you said that. Your time will come. Just hold on to each other. I will pray for you soon to united with your love ones. Please update us with your good news as well. Cheers! . :-)

Thank you Long & Kieu. My heart ached to hear you said that. Your time will come. Just hold on to each other. I will pray for you soon to united with your love ones. Please update us with your good news as well. Cheers! . :-)

Timeline

Hi VJ Family!!

Tiff

Tiff, do not go away and be a stranger after your husband arrives. I know you will be busy doing the family and wifey stuff, just come back and give us an update and surely let us know what his POE experience was like...of course when you can find a few free minutes of not being in your hubby's arms. :D

In fact, write about the POE experience first...then get in your hubby's arms and stay there, how's that for a comprimise?

Edited by Leatherneck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.