Nicoco

Bangkok Embassy

32 posts in this topic

If you visit the website now, it says that they will be closed from 27-31 of October. They said it's because of government holiday. WTH

By the way, is it possible to go to a neighboring country and fill their packet 4 and pay the fee again?

Unfortunately, the embassy closes for all Thai and American holidays. It is a good job if you can get two countries holidays off if you can get it. I was in the same boat as you when Pui sent her packet 3 in because we sent ours at the beginning of April and had to deal with the embassy being closed for Songkran. The only thing we could do was wait until we heard from the embassy. I did email the embassy asking if they had an interview date set and they replied back saying "no we do not yet have a date set yet" then later that day I got a new email with packet 4 with the interview date. Here is the embassy's list of public holidays they are closed. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/holidays.html

Packet 4 is just the embassy sending you the interview date. Sometimes you can switch embassies to have your interview there but you would need the new embassies permission to do that and you need a good reason to do it. If it were me I would wait it out. You have come so far already. Plus I think it would cause more of a delay to try and find a new embassy who would take your case and then have it transferred to new country and then wait in line for an interview like you are currently are in the process of doing. You did all you can do by sending packet 3 back to the embassy and waiting to hear back from them. If you have not contacted the embassy in the past month since you sent packet 3 give them an email asking if they have your interview date yet. Good luck.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Unfortunately, the embassy closes for all Thai and American holidays. It is a good job if you can get two countries holidays off if you can get it. I was in the same boat as you when Pui sent her packet 3 in because we sent ours at the beginning of April and had to deal with the embassy being closed for Songkran. The only thing we could do was wait until we heard from the embassy. I did email the embassy asking if they had an interview date set and they replied back saying "no we do not yet have a date set yet" then later that day I got a new email with packet 4 with the interview date. Here is the embassy's list of public holidays they are closed. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/holidays.html

Packet 4 is just the embassy sending you the interview date. Sometimes you can switch embassies to have your interview there but you would need the new embassies permission to do that and you need a good reason to do it. If it were me I would wait it out. You have come so far already. Plus I think it would cause more of a delay to try and find a new embassy who would take your case and then have it transferred to new country and then wait in line for an interview like you are currently are in the process of doing. You did all you can do by sending packet 3 back to the embassy and waiting to hear back from them. If you have not contacted the embassy in the past month since you sent packet 3 give them an email asking if they have your interview date yet. Good luck.

The thing is that there was a declared holiday for AREAS OF FLOODING for businesses. The embassy is in a safe place, I called earlier that day and they said they would operate as normal. And not to mention that means all the ppl who had an interview date from 27-31 have to be rescheduled. :angry:

Thanks tho. This has been really hard on us. Especially Ice.

And also they said they will not respond to emails until Nov.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The thing is that there was a declared holiday for AREAS OF FLOODING for businesses. The embassy is in a safe place, I called earlier that day and they said they would operate as normal. And not to mention that means all the ppl who had an interview date from 27-31 have to be rescheduled. :angry:

Thanks tho. This has been really hard on us. Especially Ice.

And also they said they will not respond to emails until Nov.

This all stinks fore sure, but I agree with Andy. You've come so far, no sense of possibly prolonging things even further. Sounds like things are tough for Ice though.

It's coming up on a year since I saw May last, and it'll surely be over by the time she comes here. There's light at the end of the tunnel though. Next week is November!

I have read other posts that Ice was not feeling well. I hope he is feeling better. Is Ice currently working right now? If he is not currently working have him try and volunteer with helping creating sandbags for the flood or volunteering doing something or any other hobby to keep him busy.

AOS Journey

11-07-2011 delivered

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

Timeline

He's doing worse.... getting sick everyday. I'm worried that he might have caught something. He said people are starting to leave around where he is living, too. :(

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

I hope he is feeling better soon. If he has not have him go to a doctor or a pharmacy. After he is feeling better try and get him to volunteer or do something.

AOS Journey

11-07-2011 delivered

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

Timeline

The embassy should be back to work soon. Hoping for something good to happen...keeps getting worse everyday

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Timeline

The embassy should be back to work soon. Hoping for something good to happen...keeps getting worse everyday

Has he been checked out at a clinic or something yet? Hope he's ok. I just checked the schedule and they've posted it as of September 28th. Isn't this the same one that was posted before they re-posted the June one again? Looks like it. Hopefully they post the October schedule shortly after their holiday.

Timeline

Has he been checked out at a clinic or something yet? Hope he's ok. I just checked the schedule and they've posted it as of September 28th. Isn't this the same one that was posted before they re-posted the June one again? Looks like it. Hopefully they post the October schedule shortly after their holiday.

They're back. And Ice is going to a doctor today. And going out to search for water. The place he lives they have resorted to boiling it, but he doesn't trust it. :( I never thought this would happen....whyyyyyyy

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Timeline

They're back. And Ice is going to a doctor today. And going out to search for water. The place he lives they have resorted to boiling it, but he doesn't trust it. :( I never thought this would happen....whyyyyyyy

Glad he's going to a Dr. Hopefully he finds bottled water and can't blame him for not trusting boiled water. Guess it depends. Hopefully things turn positive soon.

Timeline

The new schedule is up and we're not on it. Thought it might've been (they received P3 on October 6), but I guess we'll be on the next. It appears we'll be on the far side of the 8-10 week timeframe, but I/we was prepared. I've been thinking mid December for a while, and that surely could be the case now.

It's normal for this to happen though, isn't it? They only received P3 a few weeks ago, and they're a lot of cases to be processed. I would think so?

Timeline

The new schedule is up and we're not on it. Thought it might've been (they received P3 on October 6), but I guess we'll be on the next. It appears we'll be on the far side of the 8-10 week timeframe, but I/we was prepared. I've been thinking mid December for a while, and that surely could be the case now.

It's normal for this to happen though, isn't it? They only received P3 a few weeks ago, and they're a lot of cases to be processed. I would think so?

It's an average from SENDING packet 3 to the actual interview date of 75 days. That means that we have to be in December.... :( Right?

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Timeline

It's an average from SENDING packet 3 to the actual interview date of 75 days. That means that we have to be in December.... :( Right?

True, it does say average. :( It all depends on the embassy... I would love for it to be in December, guess we'll just have to wait more. If it's any longer, it's beyond what they claim. Surprising?

Timeline

True, it does say average. :( It all depends on the embassy... I would love for it to be in December, guess we'll just have to wait more. If it's any longer, it's beyond what they claim. Surprising?

I sent you a PM...did you get it??

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.