jv323

Police certificate (Mexico)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I went on the Ciudad Juarez consulate, read documents needed for packet 3 and it states it requires a certificado de policia, I've also been reading thru the posts here and some say Juarez won't be expecting one, My husband is able to get a carta de no antecedentes due to his job. Or is it possible to get one from the police? He's never been in the U.S. or has gotten into any problems with the police in Mexico?

Timeline

Get it just in case. Better safe than sorry. Tomorrow we are getting my husbands. Its only $200 Pesos at the Secretaria de Seguridad Publica. Bring birth certificate, proof of domicile, CURP and the usual documents asked for in Mexico.

Fell in love on a missions trip in 2005, got married in 07, got pregnant and started IR1 visa process in 08, had baby number 2 in 10, and its now 2011, and we are just now finally getting to the end of this long road. (The mail from the embassy never arrives to my home, causing us trouble. Fingers crossed and prayers going up! Both kids born and raised in Mexico and American citizens by CRBA:

His Appointement is October 25th!

Timeline

Get it just in case. Better safe than sorry. Tomorrow we are getting my husbands. Its only $200 Pesos at the Secretaria de Seguridad Publica. Bring birth certificate, proof of domicile, CURP and the usual documents asked for in Mexico.

Ok thank you!! good luck on interview! wishing you and your family the best!

Timeline

there´s a page on packet 3 that states that Mexico is a country where the police certificate isn´t required...My husband has one called "carta de no antecedentes" it was issued in may...we are going to take it just in case but don´t stress about it it´s not a requirement!

Hey side note:

What are you going to submit for proof of ongoing relationship...?? I´m stuck on that one...most if not all the documents they want are impossible to get since we aren´t together right now and he´s never been to the US... :help:

and still no NOA2 :(:crying:

Sent I-130---------6/6/11

NOA1---------------6/10/11

Touched------------6/15/11

Touched------------8/9/11

NOA2---------------10/14/11 :) yeeeaaahh no RFE´s

Interview----------02/10/12 ***** :) a piece of cake!!

Got Visa in hand---02/13/12 in Morelia,Mich.

uZFTm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.