magen

Children NOT Traveling listed on Interview Appointment Letter

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

When my fiance and I filled out our original paperwork, we listed his son, who lives with his mother, but put that he would not be traveling now or later. The embassy emailed me my fiance's appointment letter today and under "Traveling Applicants," his son's name is listed. There is a part of Visa Application that again asks for children's name and whether they will be traveling now or later and we will again put no. But should I worry that his son's name being on the appointment letter will some how mess us up? (especially in regards to the affidavit of support counting for 3 people instead of just my fiance and I??) I thought I saw this same problem in this forum sometime before, but of course I can't find it now when it actually applies to me. I sent an email back to the embassy asking about this and will hopefully get a reply tomorrow but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any insight.

Thanks!

1-6-2011: Met Eduardo serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala

5-2-2011: Left Guatemala to return to the US

5-18-2011: Mailed I-129F Petition

5-25-2011: Received NOA1

9-2-2011: NOA2 approved!

9-9-2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy

9-12-2011: NVC told me our petition had been received and gave me the case #

9-15-2011: Our petition arrived at the Embassy in Guatemala

11-10-11: Eduardo's interview date

11-19-11: US Entry through Atlanta, GA

12-17-11: We got Married!

1-4-12: Filed Adjustment of Status/Employment Authorization

1-17-12: NOA1 for AOS/EAD

2-14-12: Biometrics Appointment in Atlanta, GA

2-18-12: AOS transfer to CSC

3-1-12: EAD Approval (57 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.