sofya

Trouble with UStraveldocs

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

So this is a question to those of you who have already used (or tried to) the new UStraveldocs.com service to register your IV Delivery Address, as is now required by the Moscow Consulate.

Today I decided to register my visa delivery address on this site. I went through the account registration process and landed on the so called "Dashboard" page. There are five buttons there, one of which is "Delivery Address Information". I click on it... and nothing happens. I click on every button there - and nothing happens. At the same time, regular menu options on the left side of the page work.

I tried Chrome, Firefox and Explorer, to the same result. Question is, has anybody experienced this before? Or is it my computer? Has anybody tried registering their address in any other way since the rules changed in August?

Thanks!

Edited by sofya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

don't use the 5 "buttons" on the dashboard. Click on "schedule appointment" in the bar menu on the left-hand side, it will walk you through all the steps including the delivery address.

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Timeline

hmmm. even if i already have a scheduled appointment?

Elya, withdrawing previous comment. Found the option for NVC scheduled appointments. Thanks for the tip!

Timeline

Elya, withdrawing previous comment. Found the option for NVC scheduled appointments. Thanks for the tip!

Although no, I take it back. I went through the steps and yet... I get a "transaction complete" page with no barcode and no address listed where it should be listed. At the same time my visa information on the "Dashboard" changed. Nothing else changed. I need a pdf with a barcode and the one it generates has no such thing. I emailed their tech support. So annoying, gah!

Timeline

hmm... sorry :-( did you try the update profile option?

Edited by elya

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/11/04 - POE

Timeline

Just a follow up on this topic. UStraveldocs is seriously undercooked. I of course did not receive any response to my emails to customer service within their promised response time of 1-2 business days. So I called the Moscow call-center number. To my surprise, I was able to get ahold of an operator very quickly. She told me that currently UStraveldocs does NOT support any delivery address other than Pick-Up option at one of the five PonyExpress locations they have listed. So when you guys are "registering your address", you are essentially only choosing which office of PonyExpress you will go to to pick up your passport. (After all, "no additional fee" does mean "no delivery", eh... :bonk: )

Second, the IV Delivery Confirmation page indeed looks very shabby - no barcode, no page title, nothing. It looks like a first draft of an unfinished document, very unprofessional. :huh: But the operator told me that that's what you're supposed to print out and bring with you to the interview. So I guess I'll do just that.

Frankly, I expected much, much more from a mammoth like CGI Group on a giant government contract...

Timeline

weird we were able to enter his home address for delivery. there were options to choose an office for pick-up, but also a home delivery option that was functioning at the time. but it was for K-1. i guess we will start calling the pony express office to check if his passport doesn't show up on schedule!

i agree the page looks very shabby... glad you got it figured out though! Good luck with the interview!

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/11/04 - POE

• 1 month later...
Timeline

UPDATE. The flimsy iffy sheet of paper IS indeed the IV Delivery Address confirmation page. You take it to the Embassy and the officer at the document check station puts a bar code sticker on it. After the interview you will get a text message on the phone number you provided to UStraveldocs saying that the passport is ready for pick up. I got my SMS only 2 days after the interview! You will also get an email. Twice. Woo.

And then you got to the pick up Pony Express location with your domestic passport and get your international passport and the big yellow package for the border control officers at POE. That's it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.